Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Gold City Royals vs Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

jCTicia.gif

(Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the gif)
1582537262892.png
Round 5 sees the return of Rivalry Round, celebrating some of the most intense rivalries in the history of the Sweet FA. From the Foundation Cup clubs the Demons and the Wonders, through to the recent antipathy between the Bombers and the Hawks, the tribalism of the SFA clubs has bred and nurtured some ferocious rivalries.
Gold City Royals vs Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

So, you know how a group of guys and a group of girls go out together, and gradually pair off until there’s only two awkwardly mismatched misfits left? Welcome to the Gumbies and the Royals rivalry!

First meeting S16 R7 15/4/13 Gold City Royals 13.6.84 wdb Geelong Gumbies 16.8.104 @ Golden Throne

The Royals entered the league in S16, yet have been spectacularly unsuccessful, missing finals in 7 of their 13 seasons and only winning 2 finals in their history, and the Gumbies have been equally unsuccessful, with only a single premiership to show for their collective 25 seasons of existence. As it stands, these two underperformers sit once again anchored to the bottom half of the ladder, vying with each other to be named the most unsuccessful club in the Sweet FA. What a rivalry!

Notable matches:

S21 First Qualifying Final: Geelong Wolves 15.7 (97) defeated Gold City Royals 11.9 (75)

Ljp86 says:

Gold City Royals vs Gumbies FF

Head to Head

Played
: 23 Gold City Royals: 9 Gumbies FFC: 12 Drawn: 2

At The Golden Throne

Played
: 11 Gold City Royals: 6 Gumbies FFC: 4 Drawn: 1

Last Five Matches

Code:
Season/Round Home Team Away Team Ground

S26 R06 Gumbies FFC 18.5 (113) defeated Gold City Royals 16.11 (107) The House of Gumby

S26 R17 Gold City Royals 13.13 (91) lost to Gumbies FFC 15.12 (102) The Golden Throne

S27 R08 Gumbies FFC 22.10 (142) defeated Gold City Royals 12.13 (85) The House of Gumby

S28 R03 Gumbies FFC 19.13 (127) defeated Gold City Royals 8.7 (55) The House of Gumby

S28 R14 Gold City Royals 14.16 (100) lost to Gumbies FFC 24.8 (152) The Golden Throne

In the Know

• Gold City Royals haven't beaten Gumbies FFC since Round One of Season 24, a streak of seven matches (including two drawn games). Before this, the Royals enjoyed a five game winning streak against the Gumbies.
  • The winning team has scored at least 100 points in the last 10 Royals vs Gumbies fixtures where a team has won the match.

Captains, please name your teams in the Official Teamsheet thread by 11.59pm Thursday Feb 27th

Wow, Royals haven't beaten us since Rd1 S24, talk about someone being our bitch
Really?
* me that’s almost worthy of folding.

Wow, Royals haven't beaten us since Rd1 S24, talk about someone being our bitch

I'd like to say we'll reverse the trend but we killed the Roys last week for the 50th time in a row.

Hey!

We're rivals! Let's all sit back and reminisce on the moments that shaped the hatred these clubs have for each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, a Rivalry older than time itself. The Royals and The Gumbies.

I remember when my dad (before he went on that 30 year and counting trip to get some cigarettes) would take me to watch the classic Royal and Gumbies encounters of yesteryear.
We'd stand on the hill and cheer on no one in particular, except the great game of Qooty.
The crowds were always massive and it was hard to see as i was just a wee tacker. So dad would give me his empty tinnies to stand on to raise me up. 5 minutes into the third quarter I was 8 foot high and could see everything.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons I chose to sign with the Royals this offseason, a chance to play in the game.

Misfits, someone hasn't checked our historically positive win rate and name synonymous with SFA records denoting superiority over the masses in qooty bureaucracy.

I'd like to say we'll reverse the trend but we killed the Roys last week for the 50th time in a row.

Hey!

We're rivals! Let's all sit back and reminisce on the moments that shaped the hatred these clubs have for each other.

As Easty was always magnanimous and chortling was had at the Trolls bid, I do wish you the best of luck in not emulating the Dragons and waiting for someone else to win a flag before them as they're s**t kids, or the Demons in cavorting with spoons. What I mean to say is, okey was the better admin.

Sorry I don't accept this as a rivalry.

Bring me the Geelong Wolves. My seething hatred for them knows no bounds.

Sorry I don't accept this as a rivalry.

Bring me the Geelong Wolves. My seething hatred for them knows no bounds.

You and me both, pirates were the better choice, then the Furies gazumped pink and we're once again at the forefront of design principles.

okeydoke7 played 70% game time in the back pocket and kicked more goals than you
My role was to be the decoy hard man. 0.0 was the perfect result as I steered us to a draw.

Finally, an away venue fitting for the team we are playing. A toilet.

I have to give my kudos Taylor that you were happy to put this out knowing this club (heck, I probably used it against them in S20) had absorbed this opener in every home game they've ever played. Almost as if it was an intentional home name...

(It is, this club really is bad - the people are nice though).

Also nice to see you, first time since the S22 Hawks LG PM :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back