May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
rising 1.jpg

THE SFA RISING STAR AWARD

The Sweet Football Association has its own award for the best rookie of the season, the EKA, which is announced in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal (SFA B&F) Night.

The SFA Rising Star award is different. It's not only different, but better.

The SFA Rising Star award is carried on by the previous rookie class. It passes on from one rookie class to the next. It is both a way of challenging and mobilizing the sophomores and of involving and promoting the newcomers.

The SFA Rising Star award is weekly based. It works as "
a guide to how our rookies are going throughout the season". It is constantly providing standards for the rookies to improve their game, while generating controversy, rivalry, and comradery.

"The SFA Rising Star award was created to recognise the onfield and off-field achievements of the best of these rookies," back in S23. Since then, "the criterion for this award is a combination of on field and off field performance." This has never changed.

The SFA Rising Star award, however, is never the same. The criteria change from one year to the other, as the new organizers try to overcome the past ones – who have just evaluated them.

The S30 SFA Rising Star award respects such foundations and the prize's history. This season, the on-field performance is evaluated in
the "Gun of the Year" award; while the evaluation of the off-field performance is through the "Torch of the Year" award.

The S30 SFA Rising Star award will ultimately combine the two, ranking the rookies and electing the best of them all; who will receive a medal named after
a SFA legend, the eternal rookie sausageroll.

Rookies, Rise!

Art by Tonga Bob

Last edited:
The sausageroll Medal
Last edited:
S30 Rising Star Committee
Last edited:

S30 Rookie Class
S30 Rookie Class

*Updated in 11.13.2020

Last edited:
S30 Rising Star Nominees
Previous Award Winners
S30 Rising Star Winners
S30 Rising Star Award Winners

1607688023007.png

Veniemus. Videbimus. Vincemus.
"We came. We saw. We conquered."

S30 Rising Star Winner

Kilroy

(SFA) Kilroy S30 Rising Star.png
Baghdad Bombers

S30 Pyre
Torch of the Year

PMBangers

(SFA) S30 Rising Star Pyre.png
East-Side Hawks

S30 Top-Gun

Gun of the Year

FootyGuy13

(SFA) S30 Rising Star Top-Gun.png
Coney Island Warriors

Last edited:
Last edited:
rising-1-jpg.921464

Nominees (Nunchucks)

Round 1
Nunchucks: 11kgm (ESH)

Last edited:
Let's see if the S29ers are able to follow through on the workload this season. In this era when every child wins a prize (as well being 'above average' according to G Keilor), I am expecting the RS will have a few more categories (best meat shield?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see if the S29ers are able to follow through on the workload this season. In this era when every child wins a prize (as well being 'above average' according to G Keilor), I am expecting the RS will have a few more categories (best meat shield?)
Looks like GP has a category for everything. Looks like he has a thread for everything too. He'll be lucky to make it as far as Tiger God at this rate.

Looks like GP has a category for everything. Looks like he has a thread for everything too. He'll be lucky to make it as far as Tiger God at this rate.
Once I figured out that the curse wasn't on the EKA winner, but rather the Rising Star OP creator - I was happy for GP to do it.

Once I figured out that the curse wasn't on the EKA winner, but rather the Rising Star OP creator - I was happy for GP to do it.
Yeah nah, you're still cursed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back