Event S30 Rookie “Gun of the Year” Award [Rising Star]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why reinvent the wheel when old mate will sell you a gaudy Italian ‘il modernissimo’ one?

How did you know I drive an italian car?

Nominees: R3
gun-2-jpg.921354

ROUND 3
THE NOMINEES

BK: MC Bad Genius (DRA) – ARSE 110.25

Your team has won all of its previous matches. You have improved, but still hasn't been able to be the best rookie defender of the round. Last week, you almost did. Your captain trusts you, the team is doing fine, so he kept you at FB. You are facing the last place team. What do you do?
Well, if the Dragons were demolished by the Bombers, it wasn't because of MC Bad Genius performance. He did what he could to contain miggs in a what was basically an one-way game.

The Dragons FB had 16 disposals, 3 marks, a tackle in a losing effort.

The Dragons lost by 68 points. However, MC Bad Genius could leave the qooty field with his head high due his great effort.

---

IC: projectv (SCS) – ARSE 110.40

Third round, and your captain approaches you with good news: "Get ready. You are going to play." You have been practicing well, and your effort wasn't in vain. How would you react?
The rookie Rat began at IC, but in Q2 entered on the field to play at HFF. por_please_ya didn't know what was coming. Now, she is probably regretting her ignorance.

With 73% of ToG, projectv practically did no mistakes. Even though it was muddy, he ended the day with 2 goals, no behinds, 5 marks, 8 disposals, and a tackle.

The Swamprats won their first game of the season. projectv is now seen as their talisman.

---

MF: Elmer_Judd (WON) - ARSE 121.80

You haven't been playing well, and your team seem unable to win a game this season. Still, your captains keeps saying for you not to worry. "SFA qooty is hard. You are working well. Be patient. Soon, the tide will change." You are full of self-doubt, but you also want to believe. What do you do?

Elmer_Judd decided that he would trust the advise. He got into the game with a calmness he hadn't experienced before, and it paid off sooner than he expected. In Q1, he scored a goal.

Playing again in the W, he got the nominee as best rookie MF of the round. Only guero, R1 Gun, had a better performance. Elmer_Judd scored a team-high 116 DT points, after managing 30 disposals (also team best), and a match-high 11 marks.

The Wonders have beaten the Warriors by 21 points, after leading for most of the day. The tide seems to have changed for them and for Elmer_Judd.

---

FW: kickthething (BOM) - ARSE 153.00

You have been playing at back, and your team seem unable to win. It's not your fault. This have been dragging on since past season, but it still bothers you. You want to help. You know you can give more. Your captain calls you and tells that things will change. You have been moved forward. You are facing an unbeaten side. Now, what?

kickthething grabbed the opportunity as if it was his last. In the Bombers' demolition of the Dragons, he scored the first goal of the game, setting the tone for his teammates.

kickthething would score again in Q1, than two goals more in the last frame. He finished the day with 4.1:25, 7 disposals, 1 tackle, and 1 mark, in 91% of ToG.

Baghdad has broken a 10-game losing streak with a 68-point win over the Dragons. kickthething in their offense was key for that to happen.

---

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 08.54.53.png

WHO IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S “GUN”?

Last edited:
projectv got a nomination after playing on the mud! Just look at the match stat sheet. Nobody played well. I mean, nobody but projectv!

#GeauxRats

gun-2-jpg.921354

ROUND 3
THE NOMINEES

BK: MC Bad Genius (DRA) – ARSE 110.25

Well, if the Dragons were demolished by the Bombers, it wasn't because of MC Bad Genius performance. He did what he could to contain miggs in a what was basically an one-way game. The Dragons FB had 16 disposals, 3 marks, a tackle in a losing effort.

The Dragons lost by 68 points. However, MC Bad Genius could leave the qooty field with his head high due his great effort.

---

IC: projectv (SCS) – ARSE 110.40

The rookie Rat began at IC, but in Q2 entered on the field to play at HFF. por_please_ya didn't know what was coming. Now, he is probably regretting his ignorance. With 73% of ToG, projectv practically did no mistakes. Even though it was muddy, he ended the day with 2 goals, no behinds, 5 marks, 8 disposals, and a tackle.

The Swamprats won their first game of the season. projectv is now seen as their talisman.

---

MF: Elmer_Judd (WON) - ARSE 121.80

Elmer_Judd decided that he would trust the advise. He got into the game with a calmness he hadn't experienced before, and it paid off sooner than he expected. In Q1, he scored a goal. Playing again in the W, he got the nominee as best rookie MF of the round. Only guero, R1 Gun, had a better performance. Elmer_Judd scored a team-high 116 DT points, after managing 30 disposals (also team best), and a match-high 11 marks.

The Wonders have beaten the Warriors by 21 points, after leading for most of the day. The tide seems to have changed for them and for Elmer_Judd.

---

FW: kickthething (BOM) - ARSE 153.00

kickthething
grabbed the opportunity as if it was his last. In the Bombers' demolition of the Dragons, he scored the forst goal of the game, setting the tone for his teammates. He would score again in Q1, than two goals more in the last frame. He finished the day with 4.1:25, 7 disposals, 1 tackle, and 1 mark, in 91% of ToG.

Baghdad has broken a 10-game losing streak with a 68-point win over the Dragons. kickthething in their offense was key for that to happen.

---

WHO IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S “GUN”?

Biased.

I think you're regretting your ignorance too ;)
(Thanks. I’m glad all the players for the sim are males! So, I have an excuse. It’s BS, but it’s a way-out, right? Ok. Let’s do this.)

por_please_ya, I knew that. But I prefer to follow the sim and consider all players as male. :)

P.S.: I’m fixing it above.

(Thanks. I’m glad all the players for the sim are males! So, I have an excuse. It’s BS, but it’s a way-out, right? Ok. Let’s do this.)

por_please_ya, I knew that. But I prefer to follow the sim and consider all players as male. :)

P.S.: I’m fixing it above.
Hahaha I thought you did, taking the piss a bit :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffft. Look at all these tiny-arsed mofos vying for a prize that everyone knows is rightfully mine.

Stuff it, I’m going to go hang out in Baz’s bazaar. He has me confused with someone who is sweet and a maiden, but at least he recognized my extraordinary feats on the qootball field. Good day.

Winner: R3
gun r3.jpg

Alright kids, time to crank out another one of these Gun of the Year nominations. You know the drill. Rookies that perform well at qooty get thrown into the ARSEnator, a couple get shimmed out and the Committee poke them with sticks. The last one to pop wins.

Let's get to the shootout.

round 3a.gif

Of all the rookies, bear cub guero shat over the others. Presumably in the woods, if what I know about bears is true. However as he has already been nominated, he can BLOODY WELL GET BACK IN HIS BOX, GUERO!

bobman.jpg

Thanks, Bobman.

Of the rookies who are actually eligible for nomination, the standouts included young Dragon full back MC Bad Genius who, despite his team being flogged mercilessly, held his own against Bomber forward miggs and left the field with 16 disposals, 3 marks and some dignity. Not many of his teammates could say the same. Unfortunately the Drags only have one MC Bad Genius though, because if they had another they would have been wise to put him on young Bomber kickthething, who helped himself to 4.1 along with a mark and a tackle from a forward pocket which went a long way to helping the Baghdadis break their ten-game losing streak.

Baby Swamprat projectv lulled the East Siders into a false sense of security in their match. Spending the first quarter on the interchange bench (or as interchange personality Headless calls it, The Mercy Seat), projectv entered the mudbath and went onto gun Hawk por_please_ya and did a real number on him her. Eight possessions, two goals and five marks in the conditions helped the 'Rats to their first win of the season. Finally the Committee looked at Wunderkind winger Elmer_Judd who, like kickthething and projectv before him, helped his side to a maiden S30 victory thanks to a performance that included 30 disposals, 11 marks and a goal.

All of these performances were notable, but only one can take this week's nomination so please give it up for this week's Gun of the Year nomination, kickthething!

gun ktt.jpg

I sat down with kickthething and his captain WaynesWorld19 to have a chat about the nomination. First to speak with the Bomber boss.

Bob: Morning Wayne, congrats on breaking the losing streak in such an emphatic way, and to have one of you recruits nominated for the Gun of the Week. How does it feel?

Wayne: I feel the spotlight i had to shine on the process has paid dividends .....mind you I did not take this step lightly, there's a lot many a few someone working behind the scenes to make this thread a success. Yes it's a vindication for our recruiting team, and scouts, who work countless hours, behind the scenes, reviewing posts, and utilizing a number of other recruiting criteria ....these are fed into our computers in Baghdad, to ensure we handpick the best for the Bombers.

Bob, as you know, recruiting is the lifeblood of a club .....so we pour a lot of resources into this vital area.

Computer men working.gif

Bob: It's no secret Wayne. Congrats on getting kickthething to Baghdad. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?

Wayne: Congratulations should go to cadsky for kickthething recruitment and induction program .......the settling was going well, until KohPhi invited him into the showers. It shook him a bit, but he did comment that KP has very smooth hands, no doubt due to the soap we use in Baghdad.

Bob: Well they do say that cleanliness is next to- actually scrap that. Where on the ground have they been playing, and what are your on-field aspirations do you have for them?

Wayne: We are a performance based organization, no Dragon sh*t in Baghdad. Positions are won on on & off-field performance, and we take the Team First mantra seriously. We've moved kickthething from DEF to a FWD role ......we've already seen some Tom Papley traits.

Bob: Seems like I only just asked you this, but what other young’uns have you brought to the club, and are there any rookies from other teams that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?

Wayne: Oh we have many great recruits, all at different levels of development ......but without a doubt, we'll be seeing a nomination for MITS very soon ......a Bomber in every sense of the word, he has started in a similar fashion to Santoz last season ....an absolute ripping poster, as you would expect in Baghdadia.

In fact IIRC they were both recently suspended and staying together in Banhammer Prison ......but we accept these indiscretions philosophically.

Suspended.jpg

Thanks Wayne, good to see you again. Now over to the young fella.

Bob: Hello kickthething. Congratulations on receiving the third Gun of the Week nomination for the season. Quite a performance you put together, and pleasing to see that players other than midfielders are getting recognised. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

KTT: Thanks and its good to wave the flag for the not midfielders! I had a chat with cadsky who introduced me to the SFA. I did a bit of looking around the forums and then decided to give it a crack.

Bob: What are your first impressions of the place? Are WaynesWorld19 & the Bombers looking after you?

KTT: Well, first impressions are good. It has been a fair induction at the Bombers, WaynesWorld19 and all the crew are very welcoming and some even laugh at my jokes which shows you they are prepared to go above and beyond. Being a part of the Bombers now I realise there are of course two types of people, those who are Bombers and those who want to be, I choose the former.

Bob: Bold strategy mate. How do you prepare for a qooty match?

KTT: I am a traditionalist. Big Breakfast, couple of Bundy and Cokes and a nap.

Bob: Ah, the Trinity. What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?

KTT: I want to be known as a team player, someone who puts the team first, team success over individual rewards. If I achieve that, I will be content. In the famous words of Badlands Chuggs – Deeds not Words.

Bob: Never heard of them so I'll take your word on that. Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?

KTT: Coming up against the Dragons last week was fun, was good to see a team trying to emulate the benchmark. Modelling on players, hmmm. I like the work of cadsky, Antonio BlueVein and Pugsley from the Bombers, but to be fair, I could take cues from all of my Bomber brethren. Outside the Bombers I like serial_thrilla ’s approach to it all.

Bob: Him again? Old mate's tapping into some Fagan areas. Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?

KTT: Gotta be in it to win it so I am a chance, if not me then Kilroy or MITS from the Bombers will be right up there.

gun trophy ktt.jpg

Thanks for the chat kickthething, here's your miniature novelty trophy. Hope you have a good debut season, apart from this week where you absolutely stink it up ;) .

There you have it, three nominations in. Stick around to see who the roulette wheel lands on next week. Now over to you for your steaming hot takes about how some flog or other was robbed.

s-post cat.gif

View attachment 940324

Alright kids, time to crank out another one of these Gun of the Year nominations. You know the drill. Rookies that perform well at qooty get thrown into the ARSEnator, a couple get shimmed out and the Committee poke them with sticks. The last one to pop wins.

Let's get to the shootout.

View attachment 940325

Of all the rookies, bear cub guero shat over the others. Presumably in the woods, if what I know about bears is true. However as he has already been nominated, he can BLOODY WELL GET BACK IN HIS BOX, GUERO!

View attachment 940327

Thanks, Bobman.

Of the rookies who are actually eligible for nomination, the standouts included young Dragon full back MC Bad Genius who, despite his team being flogged mercilessly, held his own against Bomber forward miggs and left the field with 16 disposals, 3 marks and some dignity. Not many of his teammates could say the same. Unfortunately the Drags only have one MC Bad Genius though, because if they had another they would have been wise to put him on young Bomber kickthething, who helped himself to 4.1 along with a mark and a tackle from a forward pocket which went a long way to helping the Baghdadis break their ten-game losing streak.

Baby Swamprat projectv lulled the East Siders into a false sense of security in their match. Spending the first quarter on the interchange bench (or as interchange personality Headless calls it, The Mercy Seat), projectv entered the mudbath and went onto gun Hawk por_please_ya and did a real number on him her. Eight possessions, two goals and five marks in the conditions helped the 'Rats to their first win of the season. Finally the Committee looked at Wunderkind winger Elmer_Judd who, like kickthething and projectv before him, helped his side to a maiden S30 victory thanks to a performance that included 30 disposals, 11 marks and a goal.

All of these performances were notable, but only one can take this week's nomination so please give it up for this week's Gun of the Year nomination, kickthething!

View attachment 940349

I sat down with kickthething and his captain WaynesWorld19 to have a chat about the nomination. First to speak with the Bomber boss.

Bob: Morning Wayne, congrats on breaking the losing streak in such an emphatic way, and to have one of you recruits nominated for the Gun of the Week. How does it feel?

Wayne: I feel the spotlight i had to shine on the process has paid dividends .....mind you I did not take this step lightly, there's a lot many a few someone working behind the scenes to make this thread a success. Yes it's a vindication for our recruiting team, and scouts, who work countless hours, behind the scenes, reviewing posts, and utilizing a number of other recruiting criteria ....these are fed into our computers in Baghdad, to ensure we handpick the best for the Bombers.

Bob, as you know, recruiting is the lifeblood of a club .....so we pour a lot of resources into this vital area.

View attachment 940355

Bob: It's no secret Wayne. Congrats on getting kickthething to Baghdad. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?

Wayne: Congratulations should go to cadsky for kickthething recruitment and induction program .......the settling was going well, until KohPhi invited him into the showers. It shook him a bit, but he did comment that KP has very smooth hands, no doubt due to the soap we use in Baghdad.

Bob: Well they do say that cleanliness is next to- actually scrap that. Where on the ground have they been playing, and what are your on-field aspirations do you have for them?

Wayne: We are a performance based organization, no Dragon sh*t in Baghdad. Positions are won on on & off-field performance, and we take the Team First mantra seriously. We've moved kickthething from DEF to a FWD role ......we've already seen some Tom Papley traits.

Bob: Seems like I only just asked you this, but what other young’uns have you brought to the club, and are there any rookies from other teams that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?

Wayne: Oh we have many great recruits, all at different levels of development ......but without a doubt, we'll be seeing a nomination for MITS very soon ......a Bomber in every sense of the word, he has started in a similar fashion to Santoz last season ....an absolute ripping poster, as you would expect in Baghdadia.

In fact IIRC they were both recently suspended and staying together in Banhammer Prison ......but we accept these indiscretions philosophically.

View attachment 940360

Thanks Wayne, good to see you again. Now over to the young fella.

Bob: Hello kickthething. Congratulations on receiving the third Gun of the Week nomination for the season. Quite a performance you put together, and pleasing to see that players other than midfielders are getting recognised. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

KTT: Thanks and its good to wave the flag for the not midfielders! I had a chat with cadsky who introduced me to the SFA. I did a bit of looking around the forums and then decided to give it a crack.

Bob: What are your first impressions of the place? Are WaynesWorld19 & the Bombers looking after you?

KTT: Well, first impressions are good. It has been a fair induction at the Bombers, WaynesWorld19 and all the crew are very welcoming and some even laugh at my jokes which shows you they are prepared to go above and beyond. Being a part of the Bombers now I realise there are of course two types of people, those who are Bombers and those who want to be, I choose the former.

Bob: Bold strategy mate. How do you prepare for a qooty match?

KTT: I am a traditionalist. Big Breakfast, couple of Bundy and Cokes and a nap.

Bob: Ah, the Trinity. What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?

KTT: I want to be known as a team player, someone who puts the team first, team success over individual rewards. If I achieve that, I will be content. In the famous words of Badlands Chuggs – Deeds not Words.

Bob: Never heard of them so I'll take your word on that. Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?

KTT: Coming up against the Dragons last week was fun, was good to see a team trying to emulate the benchmark. Modelling on players, hmmm. I like the work of cadsky, Antonio BlueVein and Pugsley from the Bombers, but to be fair, I could take cues from all of my Bomber brethren. Outside the Bombers I like serial_thrilla ’s approach to it all.

Bob: Him again? Old mate's tapping into some Fagan areas. Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?

KTT: Gotta be in it to win it so I am a chance, if not me then Kilroy or MITS from the Bombers will be right up there.

View attachment 940370

Thanks for the chat kickthething, here's your miniature novelty trophy. Hope you have a good debut season, apart from this week where you absolutely stink it up ;) .

There you have it, three nominations in. Stick around to see who the roulette wheel lands on next week. Now over to you for your steaming hot takes about how some flog or other was robbed.

View attachment 940375

Brando this pleases me.gif

We remain close to Riviat .....we know you wandered off ....please come home to your family

This is a travesty! that leper WaynesWorld19 carries on like a spoilt brat because, well because he is him, and is as annoying as syphilis and all of the sudden the jellyback committee is nominating undeserving meat shields left right an centre.

I told you guys letting that Santoz get involved was a mistake. He has turned this once prestigious (well less farcical) award into a Joke.

This is a travesty! that leper WaynesWorld19 carries on like a spoilt brat because, well because he is him, and is as annoying as syphilis and all of the sudden the jellyback committee is nominating undeserving meat shields left right an centre.

I told you guys letting that Santoz get involved was a mistake. He has turned this once prestigious (well less farcical) award into a Joke.
All on merit Goosey ......you cannot possibly draw a line between my technical advice, and 2 consecutive Rising Star nominations .......you'd have to be a real conspiracist to besmirch the integrity of this great Committee ......shame on you

I'm starting to agree with WaynesWorld19...that's how dire it is.

That is the terrible measure of your descent.

Oh well I remember the cheerful witty voice of S.29
Now I have two coins (only one of which may be fake)
Let us now place them gently upon your lids
And listen for the Ferry's wake.

That is the terrible measure of your descent.

Oh well I remember the cheerful witty voice of S.29
Now I have two coins (only one of which may be fake)
Let us now place them gently upon your lids
And listen for the Ferry's wake.
More words of wisdom from Uncle Horace ......it's almost time to join the Roys Horace

dummy.gif

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back