Event S30 Rookie “Gun of the Year” Award [Rising Star]

Remove this Banner Ad

If tony doesn't win this week it'll be an absolute travesty. Everyone will realise this bullshit is rigged as fu**. He's been short-listed 3 of the last 4 weeks and has just produced the largest arse anyone has ever seen. Just give him the nomination already.
If they haven't realised by now it's on them

Winner: R8
gun r8.jpg

You know what time it is? It's Gun o'clock! Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh booooyyyeeeeeee!!!!

round 8b.gif

Thanks Flav, good to have you on board.

After me saying last week that the quality of qooty from the rookies was plateauing, a few of you took it upon yourselves to prove me wrong. Only a few though, as the Committee had three worthy performances to look at - a midfielder, a forward and a backman.

Representing the forwards was young Dragon VandoHawk who kicked three goals from 83% of game time. If he had've been on the ground for the whole game his team may have avoided an upset loss to the Gumbies, but it was through no fault of Vando's.

The best midfielder of the round was kid Warrior FootyGuy13. Coach The Donald moved him from a HFF to a wing, and the young statistician didn't let him, his captain TheInjuryFactory nor thew rest of his team down with a breakout game which included 34 disposals, 6 marks and a goal, helping the Warriors break a two game losing streak.

The best of the backs, and the final candidate, was Bear cub tony. He may have been on the other side of the Warriors victory, however it would have been worse for the Las Vegans if not for his effort which yielded 26 disposals, a whopping 15 marks and the largest ARSE of the round. And as worthy as the games from VandoHawk and FootyGuy13 were, ARSEs talk in the Committee Room so it comes as no surprise that tony is this week's Gun nominee!

gun tony.jpg

I sat down with tony and Bears vice captain/official mouthpiece MWPP to discuss the nomination. First up it was VC:

Bob: Hey there MW, welcome back to the couch. You've hit a bit of a speed bump on the field, however the performances of your cubs must be pleasing. Previous Gun nominee guero has been up and about, and now you have tony receive a second nomination for the Bears. How does it feel?

MWPP: It feels great. We are incredibly proud of our rebuild and turnaround offield. Our young players have shown talent, maturity and tenacity in the face of adversity, and were an instrumental part of our strong onfield start too. Although our form has tapered off a bit, we have faith in our systems and have the longer term outlook of finals in mind so we are confident that we will bounce back as we have such A Good Blend.

Bob: Congrats on getting tony to the Bearlagio. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?

MWPP: Credit where it's due to the Serpents' LG for luring tony into the competition - he's a beauty. Another turning point was during the off-season practice match against the Serpents, when it became apparent that Tony's penchant for gambling, smoking and bootlegging meant that he would fit right in here at Vegas if the Serpents didn't get up . He has since slotted into our team beautifully and has grown in confidence each week, gaining some much deserved recognition within our team but also outside it , as evidenced by his nomination here and also his multiple POTY nominations. His gifs are a match thread highlight that many look forward to.

Bob: Where on the ground has he been playing, and what are your on-field aspirations do you have for them?

MWPP: tony has been starring on and off-field at HBF, and it's likely that a move to W beckons in a couple of weeks if he wants it. He has shown versatility and endurance - traits which will be valuable no matter which position he plays.

Bob: You've got another rookie in Muddiemoose at the club, as well as previous nominee guero. How are they tracking, and are there any rookies from other teams that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?

MWPP: They are both doing phenomenally. Muddiemoose has the makings of a 200 game player/stalwart of the league and flies the flag for our team, and the wit/humour in guero's posts show class that many veterans around here will never have.
There are no rookies that I feel we missed out on because I love our team chemistry and balance as it is and feel that we have hit the jackpot with our trio, but I've enjoyed seeing the rivalry/banter between Mister M/ omgfridge and our own rookies.

Cheers MW, and give our regards to Test Tickle who, according to Muddiemoose, is off performing a vital health service for the rest of the SFA. Gentlemen, if he asks to feel your nad/nads, let him. It's for your own good. Now it's over to the Bear of the moment:

Bob: Allora, come stai tony. Congratulations on receiving a Gun of the Season nomination. Quite a performance you put together, up against last week's nominee chelseacarlton. The Bears may not have won but you could leave the ground with your head held high. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

tony: Eh Cumpari Bob, come stai? Thank you, its been a long time coming and I am happy that my giant ARSE finally got the recognition it deserved. I have a different story to most on how I ended up in the SFA. I didn't even realise this place existed until WaynesWorld19 listed me on the Bombers playing list for season 29 in the final squad submission thread, I was also included in their leadership group, I guess he knew I had more talent than that other tony he was trying to actually list. From there Harvey now know as The Jesus wrote a media piece introducing me to the SFA and I joined him in Death Valley but ended up calling Las Vegas home after expansion failed.

Bob: Looks like you've landed on your feet. What are your first impressions of the place? Are Test Tickle, MWPP & the Bears looking after you?

tony: I am loving the SFA and all its different characters, I think some might have escaped from their asylum and that is what makes this place so fun. Testy, MW and the Bears have been great to me, some of them pretend to still not know my name, but deep down I know they love me. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Bob: You just love to see it! How do you prepare for a qooty match?

tony: I prepare by having a small lunch and then I visit the Qumpire rooms before the match to wish them all the best and give them a little something as a token of my appreciation for what they do. I might skip the meet and greet this week with the qumpires though, I have conceded 9 free kicks and received 0 in the last 2 weeks.

Fit-fat-tony-robbing-apus-kwik-e-mart-close-crop.png

Bob: Yeah they're temperamental. What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?

tony: 3 things, a goal (I still haven't scored one), a premiership with my Bear mates and to take out a player while they are on the field and no one realise I did it.

Bob: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?

tony: The Dragons surprised me, we had them on the ropes in the 1st quarter and then they steamrolled us with a 10 goal turnaround a couple of weeks ago. I have plenty of great role models at the Bears so I don't need to look anywhere else to see what to do right and wrong, I am learning plenty from them.

Bob: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot? And by shot I mean chance, nothing to do with you putting a hit on the other rookies.

tony: I don't think I have a chance of winning, I am just the bodyguard for the other Bears rookies. There are many great rookies at other sides like Mister M and omgfridge but guero and Muddiemoose will scoop up all the awards no doubt about it, they will be future legends of the SFA or at least in their own minds they will be.

Bob: Just kidding. Do you have contracts out for the other rookies?

tony: If any rookies mysteriously go missing over the next couple of weeks you will know why.

gun trophy tony.jpg

Oof! I wasn't really serious about the last question, but good to know. Congrats again tony, here's your miniature novelty trophy. Look out other rookies, this caricature mobster means business.

That's all we have time for. Thanks for tuning in, take us out please rapper and reality TV personality Flava Flav.

round 8a.gif

Congratulations tony on the Gun nomination.

I hope you don't mix up the trophy with the rest of your collection.

Also Tonga Bob -- what do I need to do to get a nomination?

Better.

You need to do better.

This week it's Flava Flav, who's next, T-Pain? How did you even get Flav on for the gun?

Who do you know Tonga Bob??
I met Flav many years ago. Nice fella. Always got time for people.

be better (or pay up)

gun-2-jpg.921354

Round 9 - Field Positions

FB: ---
BP: ---
HBF:
tony (LVB/Y), Toump Ass (DEM/Y), Gosaints12 (DRA/N)
CHB: SammaGilberto (BOM/N)
C: Elmer_Judd (WON/Y), VandoHawk (DRA/Y)
W: MITS (BOM/Y), omgfridge (GUM/Y), guero (LVB/Y), Mister M (FUR/Y), Muddiemoose (LVB/Y), FootyGuy13 (CIW/Y)
HFF: Bradesmaen (DRA/Y), chelseacarlton (CIW/N), J_Chadwick (WON/Y)
CHF: T2B_ (DRA/Y), BLUEALLTHRU (ROY/Y), Kilroy (BOM/Y)
FF: MC Bad Genius (DRA/Y), PMBangers (HAW/Y)
FP: 11kgm (HAW/Y), kickthething (BOM/Y)
R: ---
RR:
Supersuns (ROY/Y)
RO: RobR (ROY/Y)
IC: projectv (SCS/Y), Hai_Newman (BOM/Y)

EM: rocker_oz33 (BOM/N), OhhhhhCyril (BOM/N)

---

By line: BK (4), MF (10), FW (10), IC (2), EM (2)

Last edited:
This has been a good rookie crop, in my time its been the best since S25 for quantity of hit the ground running funny rooks.

The Furies rook Mister M has done everything a Captain could ask for, cleans the visitors bogs, sleeps in the dumpster without complaining and drives the stolen bears bus to drop team mates off after a big night at Kittens.

1601080917891.png

As for his rookie class mates I have particularly enjoyed what tony omgfridge guero Muddiemoose and BLUEALLTHRU bring to the table. I predict if you can stay the journey of a professional Qooty Player, in a few seasons some of you will be club champions.

I have had less to do with T2B_ MITS PMBangers Kilroy RobR Elmer_Judd OhhhhhCyril but like what I see, might need to get you over to Kittens and see what you really have. As for the rooks not mentioned, lift your game and make yourselves know.

This has been a good rookie crop, in my time its been the best since S25 for quantity of hit the ground running funny rooks.

The Furies rook Mister M has done everything a Captain could ask for, cleans the visitors bogs, sleeps in the dumpster without complaining and drives the stolen bears bus to drop team mates off after a big night at Kittens.

As for his rookie class mates I have particularly enjoyed what tony omgfridge guero Muddiemoose and BLUEALLTHRU bring to the table. I predict if you can stay the journey of a professional Qooty Player, in a few seasons some of you will be club champions.

I have had less to do with T2B_ MITS PMBangers Kilroy RobR Elmer_Judd OhhhhhCyril but like what I see, might need to get you over to Kittens and see what you really have. As for the rooks not mentioned, lift your game and make yourselves know.
Hi i'm rocking RobR i'm a rover, a cross between Bobby Skilton and Leigh Mathews but much better looking and i love stout.

Thanks Captain Turbo.

I’m thinking we should arrange a S30 Rookie event in the next few weeks to head to Kittens.

I’m not sure if they’re ready for you to perform though... let’s warm them up to the show with a less erotic event.

Maybe a karaoke night hosted by JackBero?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nominees: R9
1601218035213.png

ROUND 9
THE NOMINEES

"2nd half of the season rookies"
Congratulations rookies! You've lasted halfway through the season. Some of you have noms. Some of you do not. Now we get to the business end, where we only have a limited number of these trophies to give out,and some of you will miss out.

Let's see who's put themselves in the running for Round 9.

Kilroy - BOM (175.15 ARSE)

"Kilroy, what a big ARSE you have" we heard Antonio BlueVein say after this game. He's not wrong, this was a 22 disposal, 4 goal performance, 3 of those goals coming against the best BP of the league, Bipolarbear . His impact was so large that MWPP had to switch places with Bipolarbear to curb his influence.

projectv - SCS (127.20 ARSE)

Captains! Do you want the must successful S30 rookie? Look no further than projectv, with a 7-0 record this season! He ended up spending time on the Wing, replacing MannumPower and showing up Dero in the game. This ARSE reflected the strength and influence of the performance.

Mister M - FUR (113.40 ARSE)

We heard an ecstatic Tigerturbulance giving this rookie 34 bumps after the game, for the 34 disposals accumulated. This performance from the Wing also included 9 marks, and helped retain possession against arguably the best team in the league in the Hawks. This was his best game of the season and the 6th best rookie performance in MF overall.

Toump Ass - DEM (103.85 ARSE)

While the Swamprats were dealing with their own issues, there was one question on manangatang 's board. How to stop Firestarter ? The answer lay with this rookie, who held the Rat threat to his 2nd worst game this season. 20 disposals from the HBF showed a game where he dominated.

1601219167192.png

---

WHO IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S “GUN”?

View attachment 972192

ROUND 9
THE NOMINEES

"2nd half of the season rookies"

Congratulations rookies! You've lasted halfway through the season. Some of you have noms. Some of you do not. Now we get to the business end, where we only have a limited number of these trophies to give out,and some of you will miss out.

Let's see who's put themselves in the running for Round 9.

Kilroy - BOM (175.15 ARSE)

"Kilroy, what a big ARSE you have" we heard Antonio BlueVein say after this game. He's not wrong, this was a 22 disposal, 4 goal performance, 3 of those goals coming against the best BP of the league, Bipolarbear . His impact was so large that MWPP had to switch places with Bipolarbear to curb his influence.

projectv - SCS (127.20 ARSE)

Captains! Do you want the must successful S30 rookie? Look no further than projectv, with a 7-0 record this season! He ended up spending time on the Wing, replacing MannumPower and showing up Dero in the game. This ARSE reflected the strength and influence of the performance.

Mister M - FUR (113.40 ARSE)

We heard an ecstatic Tigerturbulance giving this rookie 34 bumps after the game, for the 34 disposals accumulated. This performance from the Wing also included 9 marks, and helped retain possession against arguably the best team in the league in the Hawks. This was his best game of the season and the 6th best rookie performance in MF overall.

Toump Ass - DEM (103.85 ARSE)

While the Swamprats were dealing with their own issues, there was one question on manangatang 's board. How to stop Firestarter ? The answer lay with this rookie, who held the Rat threat to his 2nd worst game this season. 20 disposals from the HBF showed a game where he dominated.

View attachment 972198

---

WHO IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S “GUN”?

Toump Ass Toump Ass Toump Ass Toump Ass Toump Ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back