Official Match Thread S30 Round 4 - Coney Island Warriors vs Baghdad Bombers at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 30 Round 4 - Coney Island Warriors vs Baghdad Bombers
at Van Cortlandt Park

courtesy of philreich

1597745295623.png
What's the difference between a Warriors premiership and the Loch Ness monster? Some people reckon they've seen the Loch Ness monster.

We witnessed the 8th wonder of the world yesterday - the Bombers actually won a game. What's more, such was the size of the win, they actually find themselves in 7th place on the ladder. As far as way out events are concerned, it's right up there with Donald Trump issuing an apology. Can they back it up with another win? Let's look at their upcoming encounter with the Warriors, who stumbled against the Wonders yesterday.

Bombers WaynesWorld19's men started the season with 2 losses, to extend their winless streak to 10, before stunning the SFA with a 68 point belting of season 28 premiers, the Dragons. Was it a flash in the pan? We're about to find out. Former captain KohPhi starred with 22 possessions and 14 hit outs.

Warriors They may have fallen to the Wonders, but it wasn't Tonga Bob's fault. He put in a best on ground performance, amassing an impressive 32 possessions, 11 marks and a goal. Can he back it up this week, in front of his home crowd?

Who's Hot?
KohPhi has been a shining light in the ruck for the Bombers this season, and his team will look to him again to orchestrate back to back victories.

As far as DT points are concerned, Tonga Bob is in second place after 3 rounds, just 4 points behind our leader, ant555 of the Swamprats (sorry - I just had to sneak that one in).

Who's Not?
snozulu was about as cold as an ex wife's heart yesterday, gathering just 2 possessions. Mate - do you want to retain your spot in the team, or would you prefer to be tending to the camels, while your team mates go into battle?

@After a stellar season 29, Doctor Colossus was off like a philreich dad joke yesterday, touching the ball just 3 times, and giving away 2 frees.

Prediction This one really could go either way, and probably will (thank you, Captain Obvious!!!!). However I'm sticking my neck out, and am suggesting that, after humiliating the Dragons, the Bombers will win again - this time by 23 points.

Captains, please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm Thursday

Last edited:

Coney Island Warriors are about as relevant as the movie itself is in 2020, looking forward to another Baghdad 'W', let's have fun boys/girls/refrigerators!
You have a weird looking head. It's a cursed image. Sorry but there's no skipping around the issue.

Saddam-Entrance.gif

Who the * is responsible for the thread opener? The lazy utensil deserves a day off.

I came in here expecting a nice lil puff piece about the Bombers getting back in the winners' circle and I get Doctor ******* Phil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want a few ideas for the Bombers puff section then PM me.

fu**, I'll write it for you :thumbsu:
Lie down mate, there's a long week ahead of us.

So which of your rookies should I be judging mercilessly running my eye over this week?

Lie down mate, there's a long week ahead of us.

So which of your rookies should I be judging mercilessly running my eye over this week?

From what i have seen, their rookies are a guy with a weird head and a dude who just spams youtube music clips

From what i have seen, their rookies are a guy with a weird head and a dude who just spams youtube music clips
A cursed image and a 'DJ' is what I'm reading.

Is the DJ's name Chad?

chopper chad.gif

Tell me how you beat the Dragons last week Bombers. I love a good news story.

Stop spamming the match thread as well, I’m not online until tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back