Competition [Congratulation, Edmund hunt – the WINNER!] S31 H.I.T. – The Headless' Interchange Trophy

Who's going to win the HIT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Chipmunk, how about this?

AngryRanga started the Wonders' comeback with a goal from HBF!

You’re showing me the only goal he scored, when he conceded more Frees than he earned. Chappy outscored him in goals, the Free differential and he got a game high tackles. He was mentioned in both mine and Barrybran ’s write up of the rounds. AngryRanga was not.

All I’m saying is that the way the round has been presented, I would expected the #3-#1 to be the other way round and was ready to congratulate him for a rare strong game. As it turns out, he’s only 3rd despite getting 123 DT, which doesn’t pass the smell test.

You’re showing me the only goal he scored, when he conceded more Frees than he earned. Chappy outscored him in goals, the Free differential and he got a game high tackles. He was mentioned in both mine and Barrybran ’s write up of the rounds. AngryRanga was not.

All I’m saying is that the way the round has been presented, I would expected the #3-#1 to be the other way round and was ready to congratulate him for a rare strong game. As it turns out, he’s only 3rd despite getting 123 DT, which doesn’t pass the smell test.
Bringing me into this discussion isn't going to help your cause. I haven't looked into the numbers all that deeply but I can see where GP is coming from.

Bringing me into this discussion isn't going to help your cause. I haven't looked into the numbers all that deeply but I can see where GP is coming from.

I don’t have a cause here tbh. I’m seeing something I don’t understand and querying it. Perhaps it’s one for a PM but I don’t care that much.

I don’t have a cause here tbh. I’m seeing something I don’t understand and querying it. Perhaps it’s one for a PM but I don’t care that much.
Basically GP's argument is that Chappy had great stats but his opponent beat him so was Chappy really better than AR/LA, who did beat their opponents

Basically GP's argument is that Chappy had great stats but his opponent beat him so was Chappy really better than AR/LA, who did beat their opponents

Fair enough.

Round 2
ROUND 2

Sub 2.jpg

In Round 2, there were two players who came close to the top-3 (Freofalcon and Easty), but close is not good enough. These were this week's best:

#3 - BlueMaster1 (WON)
In third, it comes the Master. The Wonders' coach had put Sab22 in first, replacing SSwans2011 at RO; but it took only 20” to fix his mistake. It wasn't a good day for the host team under the rain that poured over the Colosseum, but BM did his part containing Pugsley - who would have had a game for the ages otherwise.

#2 - FishingRick04 (SCS)
In second, comes R1 Gun of the Week and Port Board legend, FishingRick. He had been good in the previous week, but was even better in R2. This time, he replaced MannumPower at W. It was raining in Dragon Island, but apparently no one told Rick that. Playing as if he was carrying his own sun with him, he beat Bradesmaen with ease. Unfortunately for him, the Rats lost a tight contest; wasting his performance.

#1 - Edmund hunt (FUR)
The R2 winner is Edmund hunt. Yes, the Hawks went to hippodrome and ran over the Furies, but they did it going around Ed-h, who replaced Lady Godava at CHB. Ed made sure that the visitors would be Golumless for the entire match. The Hawks kept seeking their CHF, but they couldn't find him. The stats show the bloodbath: 6 marks to 1; 2 tackles to 0; 11 kicks to 5. If the rest of the Furies had played like hunt, under a great cloudy weather, they wouldn't have lost.

Last edited:
Leaderbord (after R2)
R2 - Leaderboard

There is a new leader! FishingRick04 climbs to first.

Last edited:
In Round 2, there were two players who came close to the top-3 (Freofalcon and Easty), but close is not good enough. These were this week's best:

#3 - BlueMaster1 (WON)
In third, it comes the Master. The Wonders' coach had put Sab22 in first, replacing SSwans2011 at RO; but it took only 20” to fix his mistake. It wasn't a good day for the host team under the rain that poured over the Colosseum, but BM did his part containing Pugsley - who would have had a game for the ages otherwise.

#2 - FishingRick04 (SCS)
In second, comes R1 Gun of the Week and Port Board legend, FishingRick. He had been good in the previous week, but was even better in R2. This time, he replaced MannumPower at W. It was raining in Dragon Island, but apparently no one told Rick that. Playing as if he was carrying his own sun with him, he beat Bradesmaen with ease. Unfortunately for him, the Rats lost a tight contest; wasting his performance.

#1 - Edmund hunt (FUR)
The R2 winner is Edmund hunt. Yes, the Hawks went to hippodrome and ran over the Furies, but they did it going around Ed-h, who replaced Lady Godava at CHB. Ed made sure that the visitors would be Golumless for the entire match. The Hawks kept seeking their CHF, but they couldn't find him. The stats show the bloodbath: 6 marks to 1; 2 tackles to 0; 11 kicks to 5. If the rest of the Furies had played like hunt, under a great cloudy weather, they wouldn't have lost.

See, Chipmunk? A Rat in second because the criteria say so. His game was stupidly good; nonetheless, Edmund hunt was even more dominant against Golumless than FishingRick04 over Bradesmaen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 3
ROUND 3

Sub 3.png

In Round 3, Keg still on legs and Ok Boomer were the ones who almost made the top-3. They were barely beaten by two others. One interchanger, however, was the best of all by far:

#3 - BringBackTheAnchor (DRA)
Another rookie has gotten in the top-3, with BBTA coming in third. The Dragon coach decided that in a warm afternoon, there was no need for Anchor to be held stuck on the bench. Early in the game, BB replaced A Swallow at RR, and the newbie was able to put a check on Supersuns – who was barely able to make any meaningful contribution to the Roys. If the Dragons won their second match in a row, it was much due Anchor's defensive effort.

#2 - BlueMaster1 (WON)
A master is not a master by chance. BlueMaster1 has shown that being the first player to return to the top-3; and he did in consecutive weeks. So important he has been to his team, that the captains decided he should join them in suspension. They dropped him out of the Wonders' lineup! They lost the home match against CIW on the mud, but Master did his part. He came in for mezaire at BP. Conditions don't favor pocket players, but the Warriors managed to send the ball in Lord_Flashheart's direction. Lord (1g/2d) simply couldn't get much of it. Maybe the Master should have played on harry000 (6g/11d), instead.

#1 - TY24 (HAW)
This round belonged to Ty, and it wasn't close. It would have been even worse, if he had been subbed in earlier. It rained all day at the House. The Hawks were already winning by 30 points, when he got in; but Chipmunk was struggling against Riviat. Then, Ty was put in RO, and Riviat went straight into his pocket. The latter wasn't seen for the rest of the game. The Gumbies eventually reacted and made the game close, but not due Riviat's performance. The comparative stats speak for themselves: 23 disposals to 14; 6 tackles to 3; 2 goals to 0. All, while playing 15' fewer than his direct opponent. That's why TY24 was R3's IC of the Week.

Leaderboard (after R3)
R3 - Leaderboard

After three rounds, we have a new leader. But only 1 point separates ChappyUK (1st) and LicoriceAllsorts (2nd). Right behind them, but still within an easy-shot range, comes Easty (3rd). The H.I.T. Top-5 also has Edmund hunt (4th) and BlueMaster1 (5th).

Last edited:
Round 4
ROUND 4

Sub 4.jpg

The H.I.T. is back! Now, for Round 4's action. This time, it was Edmund hunt who had a Top-3 entry denied right at the door. Among the best, there are two firsts: two rookies; and an IC-made-forward. And it was the near-400 gamer who ended up winning the round:

#3 - WaywardSonSon (ROY)
Rookies have been common so far in the top-3. It was warm at the BJO, but WSS almost didn't spend much time on the shade. The Roys' coach had second thoughts, and decided it was Way's time to shine. SonSon replaced Mooch at CHB in the 3rd minute and lead the Gorilla's defensive lines; being key in the win against the reigning premiers. He was better than CakeEater, who, despite not starving, didn't eat as much of the cake as he wanted; finishing with 5 fewer disposals and two fewer tackles than the Roy rookie.

#2 - Off Tap (WON)
Every round has had a Wonder in the Top-3. This time was Off Tap, a WSS's fellow rookie. OT entered the match in the end of Q1, replacing croweater 41 in a W. Most of time, he battled against por_please_ya in a warm day at Eyrie; but it was in the last quarter against eth-dog that Tap put his name in this week's H.I.T. Top-3. Giving his team a great help in boosting their percentage, he scored a goal and a behind. He also finished the game with 30 disposals and 6 marks.

#1 - peterss (GUM)
R4's IC of the Week is really close to his 400th SFA game. A Gumby legend, peterss entered the game, first, to deliver a message to lord The Jesus: "This is not your day." And it really wasn't. The Jesus went fasting in the desert and was practically a non-event for the entire game. Pete was determined to make his name at CHF, but his coach had other idea – a really bad one. peterss was wasted in the BP for a full quarter, struggling against Antonio BlueVein, before returning to CHF. After scaring a god, one can only imagine what he did to a devil. The snake, CALL ME SNAKE, didn't stand a chance. The Gumbies didn't hold on their lead in a fine afternoon at Abdu Prison, but one cannot blame peterss for that.

Last edited:
Leaderboard (after R4)
R4 - Leaderboard

After four rounds, there are 12 players, 50% of all of those who started on the bench in Opening Day, who have only played as IC. No suprise that 9 of them are in the H.I.T. Top-11 (there is a tie for 10th place).

ChappyUK is still the leader; but now followed by his fellow Fury Edmund hunt. Easty remains close in pursuit, while LicoriceAllsorts lost two spots after not having played in R4. Finishing the Top-5, there is Dragon Maylandsman.

Last edited:
Club Leaderboard (QT)
QT - Club Leaderboard
After a quarter of the season gone, which club has the best IC Corps in the league?

The best bench currently belongs to the Fighting Furies, whose IC duo dominate the H.I.T. Ladder. In second, it comes a club with the opposite strategy, the West Coast Wonders, who have heavily rotate their players on the bench.

The rest of the clubs come far behind, with the Baghdad Bombers leading the pack of teams between 3rd and 10th places. Then, it comes the Bottom-2.

In 11th, one finds the Las Vegas Bears, followed by the worst bench in all of Sweet: the Mount Buller Demons. (Yes, Headless, you read it right.)

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.00.09.png

Last edited:
Back