Stats & History S31 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In the famous words of our good friend ClarkeM:

Lol.
Well this has been fun.

I think it's time I form a vigilante committee to help eradicate the unnecessary punishments over miniscule Team Sheet errors.

Well this has been fun.

I think it's time I form a vigilante committee to help eradicate the unnecessary punishments over miniscule Team Sheet errors.
Count me in

I can't believe me leaving the Furies would be the downfall of the club both on and off field. I must be the most powerful dude ever.

Team sheets are not hard.

Penalties should be harsher.
Team sheets are not hard, but to expect excellence in every team sheet right down to the smallest of formatting issues and then we punish people that volunteer their time to help make the competition work by saying you can’t play for x amount of weeks is beyond reasonable.

Some captains love it, some may not. Why are we so pro-recruiting for the league and wanting more people to be involved each and every season but then chastise the individuals who depend so much on activity and a prosperous competition?

It’s a bitter feeling for me - honest mistakes are mistakes, and if they’re not severe then why do we inflict such a harsh punishment?

Think every captain should be given warnings as the first charge for a lot of these “offenses”. Captains that deliberately take advantage of that won’t be hard to spot and can be followed up.

Call me old-fashioned, but I find it less fun playing a team one week knowing that there’s someone on the other side of the ledger who doesn’t get to play that week. This is just how I feel and how I see it.

Yes

I look forward to your campaign to ruin all the fun in the league :thumbsu:
By not suspending captains for two weeks over such a minor inconvenience? Lol, I’m the one ruining the fun in the league am I?

I can't believe me leaving the Furies would be the downfall of the club both on and off field. I must be the most powerful dude ever.
well technically we did actually remember to put in a teamsheet before the due date, so i would class that as some form of improvement
looks like you learned Wacky Tiger copy and paste skill ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team sheets are not hard, but to expect excellence in every team sheet right down to the smallest of formatting issues and then we punish people that volunteer their time to help make the competition work by saying you can’t play for x amount of weeks is beyond reasonable.

Some captains love it, some may not. Why are we so pro-recruiting for the league and wanting more people to be involved each and every season but then chastise the individuals who depend so much on activity and a prosperous competition?

It’s a bitter feeling for me - honest mistakes are mistakes, and if they’re not severe then why do we inflict such a harsh punishment?

Think every captain should be given warnings as the first charge for a lot of these “offenses”. Captains that deliberately take advantage of that won’t be hard to spot and can be followed up.

Call me old-fashioned, but I find it less fun playing a team one week knowing that there’s someone on the other side of the ledger who doesn’t get to play that week. This is just how I feel and how I see it.
Lucky for you we unfortunately live in a way too democratic league and you are free to have feelings and voice your suggestions.

Why don’t you write up your version of breaches and fair punishments and submit it as a proposal for the committee to consider for Season 32? I know you would have some good and not so good ideas to offer.

Some see it as you do, some don’t. Some get a kick out of it, others don’t. You think they are too harsh, some too lenient.

To be fair in your post to ND, this is the Furies second breach.

Banning people for minor team sheer errors is stupid.
NaturalDisaster I wish you had the guts to ban people based on the first few rules of the SFA which get broken all of the time with no repercussion.
But back to the team sheet, 2 week ban? I know it’s 1+1 but still doesn’t make it fit the crime. It is literally five seconds of inconvenience to a simmer and he has to miss two weeks for that? Who would want to be captain...
It should be 1, plus 1 suspended. This would activate the first, but not served on top of that.

Either that, or only activating the first one.

I would appeal again.

It should be 1, plus 1 suspended. This would activate the first, but not served on top of that.

Either that, or only activating the first one.

I would appeal again.
So basically suspending the suspended sentence? The whole point of a suspended sentence is that if they * up again it kicks in.

So basically suspending the suspended sentence? The whole point of a suspended sentence is that if they fu** up again it kicks in.
It would kick in, wouldn’t it? The issue is that the second infraction is also small.

I’m proposing either suspending the second punishment or considering the first and the second as two halves of the same suspension. Either way, it wouldn’t “suspend the suspending sentence.

haydo and I have already served a ban for this. Case closed. Enjoy your holiday Tigerturbulance
Please do not tag me in this thread. I had a heart attack seeing my name after posting our team last night. Thought I ****ed it up

It would kick in, wouldn’t it? The issue is that the second infraction is also small.

I’m proposing either suspending the second punishment or considering the first and the second as two halves of the same suspension. Either way, it wouldn’t “suspend the suspending sentence.
So basically just giving out warnings to repeat offenders. If you want the issue to stop, you enforce a penalty to discourage them from doing it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back