Official Match Thread S31 Second Semi Final: Gold City Royals vs Baghdad Bombers at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
CONTENDER (31).png

Hi everybody. Your good friend Headless here. Welcome to this specific ground for this specific match-up between two absolute POWERHOUSES of the Sweet FA.

By that, of course, I don’t mean the clubs are actually houses full of power – although that may also be true. No, I’m referring to the general consensus that these two specific clubs are the benchmark of the league in ALL respects.

All of them.

So, enough of the generic wishy-washy intro – let’s get into this match-up specifically. No doubt it’ll be a CRACKER.

About Semi-Finals

According to Wikipedia, in a single-elimination tournament, there are just four teams remaining in the semi-final round, with the two winners meeting in the subsequent grand final.

Naturally, that’s not the case here. If I’m not mistaken – and I don’t think I am, though I suppose it is a possibility – there are more than two clubs remaining in this godforsaken season. So why the reference to Wikipedia? Well, Wikipedia is “a free, multilingual online encyclopedia written and maintained by a community of volunteer contributors through a model of open collaboration, using a wiki-based editing system.”

And I just really think you should remember that.

About the clubs

Clubs is one of the four suits you’ll find in a traditional deck of playing cards, although apparently this is replaced by “acorns” in the German deck. I didn’t know this until just now, and I’m also not really sure if it’s true.

The season so far

We saw some sights, we scratched some itches, and we met some pretty special people – and then we started Season 31.

Literally nothing has changed, and the place is as it’s always been. But for the first time ever, I’m now contributing to the league by selflessly creating these match threads. I considered making them all about me but, instead, I’m giving them respect and focusing instead on the specific clubs and match-up involved.

Players to watch

There’ll be 40 players involved in this specific match-up, and I suggest they’re the ones to look out for on this occasion.

#HeadFact

I just navigated my way to an online article titled, “175 Random Facts So Interesting You’ll Say, ‘OMG!’” Let me know in the comments below if you have that precise reaction.

Did you know that only two mammals like spicy food? Apparently they’re humans and the tree shrew. Really good HeadFact.

Headless’ tip

Always try to drink a suitable amount of water each and every day. Staying hydrated is very important.

Captains, please do the thing with team sheets and at the correct time of day and year or else face the absolutely bloody scrutiny of the ENTIRE Sweet FA community. Or don’t – but there’ll probably be some sort of penalty for your naughty indiscretion.

xx

My two ex lovers facing off. We take on the winner. How do I pick who to support here. I mean I broke both their hearts, it'll be a shame to have to do it to either of them again.
Just piss off and don't support anyone, and just to remind you, I'm not a rookie.

Well I've just finished my recovery swim from yesterday's big win. It's surprising how much energy was drained, especially as I only had 7 disposals for the game.

I'm having my 8 wet-bix and am shocked the match thread is up Even if it is very generic and both clubs deserved much more Headless .

Hi The Filth Wizard as we will be talking mostly to you this week. I know how much this match up excites you!

Carna BAGHDAD!

My two ex lovers facing off. We take on the winner. How do I pick who to support here. I mean I broke both their hearts, it'll be a shame to have to do it to either of them again.
Just piss off and don't support anyone, and just to remind you, I'm not a rookie.
Sorry, but your application to join the Wonders has been rejected. Have a nice day
Poor mozzie is lost and is in need of attention. Nothing the Raid fly spray can't fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobR what should we talk about mate, favourite places to camp at? We can fill 9 pages before the Royals show up on Thursday.
My favourite place to camp at the moment would be Darwin, it's freezing over here.

Last edited:
Don’t pick us. You were not a great lover. You were very “no touchy” on the first date and we will always hold that against you!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back