Official Match Thread S32 Second Semi Final: Roys FFC vs Gumbies FFC at The BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

1637642234185.png

LAST TIME THEY MET
Round 13: Gumbies FFC 13.14 (92) lost to Roys FFC 14.15 (99)
A six goal bag from Mooch was the deciding factor in this hard fought match. The Gumbies came out firing and led for most of the first quarter before the Roys took control of the match in the second term. A 14 point half time lead was stretched to 28 points midway through the fourth quarter, but a late surge by the Gumbies over the final 10 minutes got them within a single point with just over a minute to play. However, Mooch sealed the game with his sixth goal with seconds remaining on the clock. For the Gumbies the best players included Barrybran (21d, 8m, 2t, 2g, 1b), Brick Loosener (24d, 3m, 2t, 1b) and saintkildaman (22d, 6m, 1t, 3b) – whilst for the Roys Zevon (28d, 8t), Mobbs (22d, 9m, 1t) and Wosh (14ho, 23d, 1t, 1b) gave great supply to Mooch.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
Having lost their first seven games of the season, the Gumbies came home with a wet sail to sneak into the finals. Four wins out of their last five games were just enough to see them pull off a minor miracle. They then faced the Swamprats in an Elimination Final where they held off a fast finishing Rats to claim a heart stopping 2 point victory.
The Roys had a much less stressful season, being in the mix for the Top 4 for the bulk of it. They were a chance of nabbing the minor premiership until they lost a close one in Round 16, but still finished with the highest percentage in the league. They then came up against the Demons in a Qualifying Final, which was a see-sawing battle in which the Demons nabbed the win following a nail biting final quarter, where the Demons reclaimed the lead with the sole goal of the term.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Fred Medallist Mooch has been in sublime form in Season 32, with his 71 goals seeing him claim the medal for the third time in his career. Meanwhile Wosh has been in great nick in the ruck – her 193 hitouts being ranked fourth in the league. hotchilli has seen a heap of the ball in the midfield with 327 disposals, whilst Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever grabbed an impressive 80 marks for the season.
Brick Loosener has had a fantastic season for the Gumbies, with his 330 disposals ranked sixth in the league. omgfridge took 82 marks (5th in the league) and GWS Goose made an imposing 103 tackles. Riviat has also been in some inspiring form in the ruck as of late, and his battle with Wosh will be a key match-up.
Captains - please post your teamsheets by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday

Fine, enjoy the week Gumbies I refuse to take part in this thread with fridge being mean.
You're welcome everyone

What a lovely week of carrot cake bashing ahead we have

Hi Gumbies, this is the first time I have posted on the first page of the match thread in weeks. I can only assume I must like you guys
I'm pretty sure we bonded over Coke last night. The soft drink of course.

Fine, enjoy the week Gumbies I refuse to take part in this thread with fridge being mean.
We'll start our own thread, won't we Sunny!

Do you know how to start a thread?

Ok I guess we'll stay here then.

His name is GWS Goose. He runs marathons and owns many pillows.
Thought of many questions this raised. Backed out of them all.

Hi Gumbies, this is the first time I have posted on the first page of the match thread in weeks. I can only assume I must like you guys
Us guys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and lamps. Dont forget the absurd amount of lamps I also own
I think I've seen you before

latest

Hello Zevon. We're a pretty likable bunch but most people like a Fridge full of beer so it's no contest really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back