Official Match Thread S32 Second Semi Final: Roys FFC vs Gumbies FFC at The BJO

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
I'm gonna make a bold prediction here - a loss for either side this week may severely harm their premiership aspirations.

hold-on-now-wait-a-god-damn-minute.jpg

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I can't wait til we play a game of qooty in the metaverse.

We can be live commentating our own feats whilst simultaneously yelling insults at each other.
Don't we do this already? There's no way I'm giving Mark Zuckerberg credit for kicking goals and rubbing it in Dingster's face.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Tesla accepts BTC, and it's a great example of a currency that works, there are countless places it can be used.
It's not hope if it's been proven to work, you can't use cheaper coins to try to help your argument because of course, they'll be volatile due to a lack of general stability due to for example a lack of financial backing from companies.
"A currency is a symbol of barter, and are not investment assets. You don't hold onto Australian dollars hoping they will accumulate." yeah, and crypto can be and is in some cases both, it's not that hard to figure out what will rise in the short or long term, CRO for example, is backed by a platform and an NBA stadium rebrand and as predicted is rising, you can talk about a single coin in that way but not an entire list of countless investments and currencies, ETH has it's own ecosystem with for example ENS, you can't deny it being a investment as well as a currency in some cases.
You "can" pay with BTC, however, once it becomes common place it has to be stable. If you think something will be worth significantly more in 6 months, you wont use it to buy to things.

The guy who bought a pizza with BTC is mocked because that pizza cost him $10 mil in current values.

It cant be both an appreciating asset and a common use currency. They are mutually exclusive.

The only potential utility of Bitcoin is a potential currency, i it will no longer be an appreciating asset.

As for the eco-system, there is value in the tech, but the long term money wont be made from holding the coins.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
You "can" pay with BTC, however, once it becomes common place it has to be stable. If you think something will be worth significantly more in 6 months, you wont use it to buy to things.

The guy who bought a pizza with BTC is mocked because that pizza cost him $10 mil in current values.

It cant be both an appreciating asset and a common use currency. They are mutually exclusive.

The only potential utility of Bitcoin is a potential currency, i it will no longer be an appreciating asset.

As for the eco-system, there is value in the tech, but the long term money wont be made from holding the coins.

Was there pineapple on the pizza?

Jul 26, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, The Roys
Back