Opinion SA 2021 SOO team

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
After 5 rounds Port are ticking along nicely but if they were to bring back State of Origin, how would the team look?

At a stab...

FB: Bruton(PtA), Davis(GWS), Hurn(WC)
HB: Day(Haw), Francis(Ess), Lukosius(GC)
C: Graham(Rich), Viney(Mel), Daniel(WB)
HF: Edwards(Rich), Wingard(Haw), Fantasia(PtA)
FF: Pickett(Mel), Draper(Ess), S.Burgoyne(C)(Haw)
Fol: Grundy(Col), Neale(Bris), Rozee(PtA)
Int From: Redden(Bris), B.Smith(Adel), Noble(Col), Laird(Adel), Aish(Fre), Snelling(Ess), Hewett(Syd), Zerk-Thatcher(Ess), Ballard(GC), Neal-Bullen(Mel), Stanley(Gee), Rankine(GC), Lemmens(GC), Markov(GC), Jonas(PtA)

Viney’s a Vic.

What an atrocious team.

Edit: Jordan Dawson (Sydney/Sturt) is a lock.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
After 5 rounds Port are ticking along nicely but if they were to bring back State of Origin, how would the team look?

At a stab...

Int From: Redden(Bris), B.Smith(Adel), Noble(Col), Laird(Adel), Aish(Fre), Snelling(Ess), Hewett(Syd), Zerk-Thatcher(Ess), Ballard(GC), Neal-Bullen(Mel), Stanley(Gee), Rankine(GC), Lemmens(GC), Markov(GC), Jonas(PtA)
That Bruton is a heck of a player ;)
Onya for having a go: apart from the obvious ones I wouldn't know who's from SA nowadays. I think your team as outlined would probably get moiderised by Victoria though.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
State of Origin can just * off anyway. ****ed if i'll be cheering for the likes of Rory Laird against Travis Boak. Just let it go.

Pickett was born in the Territory

SOO rule was ‘state the player resided in most between the ages of 10-17’.

If it was birth, Adam Goodes, Shane Crawford and Nathan Buckley would be SA, and Graham Cornes would be a Vic (lol).

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah at this point NSW by their lonesome would destroy south Australia, pretty certain i saw a Tasmanian team that would give us hell.

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

If it was birth, Adam Goodes, Shane Crawford and Nathan Buckley would be SA, and Graham Cornes would be a Vic (lol).
That i didn't know. You would think origin would be birthplace, I mean I didn't pop into being at 10 years of age.

That i didn't know. You would think origin would be birthplace, I mean I didn't pop into being at 10 years of age.

I think it’s more to reflect a state’s football development chops, which tends to begin seriously at around that age.

That team would get utterly smacked by a record margin.

I said SA would get smashed by 100+ against Victoria in regards to a BrInG bAcK oRiGiN post in a Port Facebook group a while ago, and was met with ‘haha’ reacts and incredulous “care to back up that ridiculous statement with proof?!” responses.

Do these people think we’ll have access to a time machine and call upon Tredrea, Pavlich, Sticks, Rehn and Chad Cornes?

Borlase first selected for team Egypt

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
10-17 is the prime age range for player development. Still, the rules were bent and reshaped a number of times over the years. Dunstall from Qld playing for Vic in 89. Carey played a season or two in the Nth Adel juniors so played for SA in 92, despite previously representing NSW. In fact, NSW we're allowed to use Sydney players to fill up their team to a competitive level. It was all over the place.

Btw look up the 1988 carnival. Every state and territory had its own team, plus the VFA and Australian Amateurs (Andrew Obst played for them, was still at West Croydon I think).

I said SA would get smashed by 100+ against Victoria in regards to a BrInG bAcK oRiGiN post in a Port Facebook group a while ago, and was met with ‘haha’ reacts and incredulous “care to back up that ridiculous statement with proof?!” responses.

Do these people think we’ll have access to a time machine and call upon Tredrea, Pavlich, Sticks, Rehn and Chad Cornes?

Proof: Chad Wingard would be the best candidate for CHF, and he wouldn’t want to play the game.

Would be good to see the Tiser to a piece on the potential State line ups and put some heat on the Power-brokers in SA Footy, failing to deliver!

Last time they did that they named Robbie Gray and Zaine Kirkwood.

Last time they did that they named Robbie Gray and Zaine Kirkwood.

9945A7F4-FB91-4A13-BA7C-637F381B8BA2.jpeg

Found it. Gee to the whiz.

At a stab...

That team would beat the crows.

Back