SA Fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading back to Second Valley 6am tomorrow morning. Hoping for the same success as last week! Wish me luck.
How'd you go? A mate and I got to Second Valley at about midnight fri night, but decided to head to Rapid Bay. Gar floats were untouched all night, but we picked up 22 squid between us between 230 and 8am. Was a bloody cold night, but beautiful morning on sat!

How'd you go? A mate and I got to Second Valley at about midnight fri night, but decided to head to Rapid Bay. Gar floats were untouched all night, but we picked up 22 squid between us between 230 and 8am. Was a bloody cold night, but beautiful morning on sat!
Good work on the 22!

I got to Second Valley about 5am and was there until about 11.30am - didn't manage a thing. Saw one squid the entire time and someone else caught it. The water was too dirty, compared to the crystal clear waters of the week before.

Pity you weren't on Second Valley when I was there. The topic of conversation the entire time on the jetty was how awesome Port are. Was awkward for me wearing my Crows beanie.

Top stuff with Rapid Bay - never had any luck there.

Good work on the 22!

I got to Second Valley about 5am and was there until about 11.30am - didn't manage a thing. Saw one squid the entire time and someone else caught it. The water was too dirty, compared to the crystal clear waters of the week before.

Pity you weren't on Second Valley when I was there. The topic of conversation the entire time on the jetty was how awesome Port are. Was awkward for me wearing my Crows beanie.

Top stuff with Rapid Bay - never had any luck there.

Bugger that! I would have changed jetties. The quality of the company is vital to me when fishing haha. Water was beautiful at rapid bay. We were dominating the end of the jetty, and the poor bastards that came at 5am couldn't buy a squid a few metres away from us.

Bugger that! I would have changed jetties. The quality of the company is vital to me when fishing haha. Water was beautiful at rapid bay. We were dominating the end of the jetty, and the poor bastards that came at 5am couldn't buy a squid a few metres away from us.

Damn... The one time I should've gone to Rapid Bay.

I've heard Cape Jervis has been going off lately, as well as the Bluff at Victor.

Damn... The one time I should've gone to Rapid Bay.

I've heard Cape Jervis has been going off lately, as well as the Bluff at Victor.

Haven't liked what I've seen of the bluff. Always seems to be shoulder to shoulder.

Nice work making this thread. The more people talk about fishing, and success stories, the more I want to head out! You've got no excuse living at Sellicks. I'm a real amateur, but I'm learning.

Haven't liked what I've seen of the bluff. Always seems to be shoulder to shoulder.

Nice work making this thread. The more people talk about fishing, and success stories, the more I want to head out! You've got no excuse living at Sellicks. I'm a real amateur, but I'm learning.
Yep, living at Sellicks is great for fishing. Got the quick access to Second Valley and South, beach fishing on Sellicks, and access to Port Noarlunga. Loving it living at Sellicks. I try to go atleast a couple of times a week, especially in summer.

Agh i feel like going for a fish right now haha. Such a cracking day. Heading to AO to cheer on South though. Any secret spots down south? Not too familiar with noarlunga area.
Was considering fishing and/or heading out to AO myself.

Port Noarlunga jetty is good for squid. Wirrina Break water is good for squid as well, but you have to be prepared to lose some gear (tackle). Myponga beach is another gem, especially if you've got a kayak. Most people don't even know Myponga Beach exists - it's very hidden!

. The topic of conversation the entire time on the jetty was how awesome Port are. .
Feel for freo. ironic that an SA team got umpired into a prelim, instead of out of them like we get. but i underestimated port. Must be because of what they done to destroy the SANFl for egotistical reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back