SA Richmond Supporters............ Tell us what happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
Being a South Aussie i am extremely envious of all the people in Melbourne being able to get amongst all the RFC faithful and enjoy it with so many people, not that i was alone, i spent the day with my parents, 3 of my boys and my wife who are all RFC supporters, we had a blast sitting at my parents house, BBQ, beers, to many beers watching the annihilation unfold before our eyes knowing that it was a history making moment, being able to see one game wonder Marlion tear it up like he had been playing AFL for years, Dusty yet again break the game apart with no one being able to stop him, suck s**t Deboar, I'm surprised the police weren't called to the house lol.

But i still felt like i was missing out, me and the wife did say that if we make it to the granny then we would come over this time round but we just weren't able to do it, watching swan street go off, watching the next mourning at punt road and everyone enjoying the moment i really do wish i could have been there, i envy everyone that could get evolved.

So perhaps some of you guys could share some of the crazy stories that you were apart of or witnessed during the game, in swan street or the next mourning, just anything, i would love to hear some good stories, what other South Aussies got up to or even other interstaters?, i would just like to feel like i was apart of it all.

I was very, very lucky.
Missed out on the ballot for gold and silver members for the second time. Only got a ticket because of the GWS ballot being undersubscribed.
I mentioned this to the bloke sitting next to me (nosebleed section, Great Southern Stand, right above the Richmond Cheer Squad). He said the whole bay was in the same boat. A whole bay of second chancers, and didn't we enjoy it.
Having said that, you may have been envious of us over here for witnessing the Richmond grand final, but I am equally envious of any Glenelg supporter who watched the Bays win their first premiership since 1986 by crushing a Port Adelaide side loaded up with AFL-listed players in front of 37,000 people. That would have been so sweet.

Being a South Aussie i am extremely envious of all the people in Melbourne being able to get amongst all the RFC faithful and enjoy it with so many people, not that i was alone, i spent the day with my parents, 3 of my boys and my wife who are all RFC supporters, we had a blast sitting at my parents house, BBQ, beers, to many beers watching the annihilation unfold before our eyes knowing that it was a history making moment, being able to see one game wonder Marlion tear it up like he had been playing AFL for years, Dusty yet again break the game apart with no one being able to stop him, suck s**t Deboar, I'm surprised the police weren't called to the house lol.

But i still felt like i was missing out, me and the wife did say that if we make it to the granny then we would come over this time round but we just weren't able to do it, watching swan street go off, watching the next mourning at punt road and everyone enjoying the moment i really do wish i could have been there, i envy everyone that could get evolved.

So perhaps some of you guys could share some of the crazy stories that you were apart of or witnessed during the game, in swan street or the next mourning, just anything, i would love to hear some good stories, what other South Aussies got up to or even other interstaters?, i would just like to feel like i was apart of it all.
I have shared this already, but I was involved in a full match simulation with a bunch of strangers in Swan St, kicking around a raw chicken someone bought at the Coles.

Things get weird down there.

I watched the game at home again, did everything the same as 2017, even to the point of eating the same lunch! Turned off my phone so no one would annoy me, but did turn back on in 3rd qrt!

I had a chance of getting a ticket once the GWS allocation became available but could only get 1 not 2, plus getting from Ceduna-Adelaide-Melbourne became way too much last minute, but still enjoyed the day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back