Review SA U19's Yellow v Blue Internal Trial (7PM Friday 16th July)

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

sa internal trial.png

Live discussion thread, a few big name outs but will still be good viewing

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
ModernArtillery I think I've finally got the time right in here, any of the less talked about prospects you expect to have a good showing?

I'll be braving the weather here and heading down to see it live so really looking forward to it!

Looking at the teams it feels like the Yellow team might be somewhat of an 'A' team. I'd expect their midfield to be super dominant with the likes of Jackson, Kennedy, Stagg, Liddy, Litster and Spain. Some good contested ball winners in that group and the conditions will suit them.

I'm really disappointed to see James Willis out as I was really keen to see him play in this game.

Some players to keep an eye on from each team:

Yellow
Will Spain
has been in pretty good form in the SANFL reserves and will just keep on tackling so these conditions will suit him. If he plays purely midfield which I expect he would he'll go 10+ tackles. Given the conditions I'm not sure we can expect anyone to be overly clean tonight but I'd love to see him get his hands on it first and get the ball moving forward.

Isaiah Dudley is someone I've really enjoyed watching this year. I want to see a touch of class from him tonight and to see him wreak havoc inside forward 50 with plenty of tackling pressure.

Dayne McGary and Zac Becker are both really good aerially and their intercept marking has been a feature of their games. I'll be intrigued to see how the conditions impact them and whether they can still have an influence.

Blue
Harvey Harrison -
A personal favourite of mine. I hope he plays in the guts and just gets the chance to crack in against some bigger bodies. If he can get it on the outside he'll break some lines and show some dare so I'll be looking out for that.

Jacob Owens has been in some really good form in the SANFL U18's and has won a fair bit of the footy so it will be worth keeping an eye on him to see how he goes against a super strong opposition midfield.

Zac Dumesny is one that most will be familiar with from last years draft. I'm intrigued to see if he looks a class above this as I'd expect.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Looking at the teams it feels like the Yellow team might be somewhat of an 'A' team.
Glad I'm not the only one that got this impression, they're stacked all round

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I'll be braving the weather here and heading down to see it live so really looking forward to it!

Looking at the teams it feels like the Yellow team might be somewhat of an 'A' team. I'd expect their midfield to be super dominant with the likes of Jackson, Kennedy, Stagg, Liddy, Litster and Spain. Some good contested ball winners in that group and the conditions will suit them.

I'm really disappointed to see James Willis out as I was really keen to see him play in this game.

Yellow
Will Spain
has been in pretty good form in the SANFL reserves and will just keep on tackling so these conditions will suit him. If he plays purely midfield which I expect he would he'll go 10+ tackles. Given the conditions I'm not sure we can expect anyone to be overly clean tonight but I'd love to see him get his hands on it first and get the ball moving forward.

Isaiah Dudley is someone I've really enjoyed watching this year. I want to see a touch of class from him tonight and to see him wreak havoc inside forward 50 with plenty of tackling pressure.

Dayne McGary and Zac Becker are both really good aerially and their intercept marking has been a feature of their games. I'll be intrigued to see how the conditions impact them and whether they can still have an influence.

Blue
Harvey Harrison -
A personal favourite of mine. I hope he plays in the guts and just gets the chance to crack in against some bigger bodies. If he can get it on the outside he'll break some lines and show some dare so I'll be looking out for that.

Jacob Owens has been in some really good form in the SANFL U18's and has won a fair bit of the footy so it will be worth keeping an eye on him to see how he goes against a super strong opposition midfield.

Zac Dumesny is one that most will be familiar with from last years draft. I'm intrigued to see if he looks a class above this as I'd expect.
Dumesny has been underwhelming in the reserves games I've watched this season.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns

Yellow
Will Spain

Blue
Harvey Harrison -

For Blue, Matt Dnistriansky looks to be their best player for me. I'd like to see him get a little run through the middle, otherwise he should get plenty of chances down back. Finn Heard and Cody Gilchrist will be auditioning for playing time as part of the key forward rotation too.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hard to see many out there tonight looking like 1st rounders?
I could still see Ferres sneaking in, not off this game but has the traits, Rayson hasn't looked too bad out there either and is one that's sort of been around that mark for some at various points. Spain has been my best on so far however and he'd be far from the first

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Certainly not the best game so far, decent breeze wouldn't be helping with the kicking. And neither would a handful of the best players missing.

Even with limited touches you can see the difference in skill when guys like Burgoyne, Wanganeen-Milera and O'Loughlin get it. They just don't look as rushed as others. Will Spain has had a good half, showing a bit off half forward and more importantly has that point of difference to a lot of the other smalls in both sides.

Been even less of note for the blue side. Matt Dnistriansky has been solid in the back half, kicking has been slightly more hit than miss. Jonte Hunter-Price had a couple of moments as a KPD. Probably about it.

Back