Opinion Sack Chapman - October 2019 Edition - Maintain The Rage

One final push everyone.

All the other dominoes have fallen but we cannot rest until this bloke is gone.

Chappy has now overseen another official disaster. This bloke has more lives than a cat.

#sackchapman
But Dunstall thinks he's great?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
So you accept that the Panel got it right with Burton and Camporeale because that's what you wanted to hear but * Dunstall and the Panel when they say something you don't want to hear?

Dunstall’s panel found that:

· A NEW leadership structure will transform that club and player culture.

· RELATIONSHIPS between some and players and coaches weren’t where they needed to be which promoted a culture of self survival.

· THERE were ‘tweaks’ to Adelaide’s approach post 2017 that failed but the club is finals capable in 2020.

· ADELAIDE chairman Rob Chapman is benchmarked as an elite industry leader while chief executive Andrew Fagan ran an ‘extremely strong business’.

· PLAYERS, staff and coaches were totally trusting of review panel where no topic was off limit.

A new head of leadership position will be created to equip players with the tools to deal with performance pressure in a football-crazed town and

So you accept that the Panel got it right with Burton and Camporeale because that's what you wanted to hear but fu** Dunstall and the Panel when they say something you don't want to hear?

· RELATIONSHIPS between some and players and coaches weren’t where they needed to be which promoted a culture of self survival.

· THERE were ‘tweaks’ to Adelaide’s approach post 2017 that failed but the club is finals capable in 2020.

· ADELAIDE chairman Rob Chapman is benchmarked as an elite industry leader while chief executive Andrew Fagan ran an ‘extremely strong business’.

· PLAYERS, staff and coaches were totally trusting of review panel where no topic was off limit.

A new head of leadership position will be created to equip players with the tools to deal with performance pressure in a football-crazed town and
A other interesting quote:

Club chairman Rob Chapman is now under pressure to extend his tenure beyond next year after a glowing endorsement from the review panel.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you accept that the Panel got it right with Burton and Camporeale because that's what you wanted to hear but fu** Dunstall and the Panel when they say something you don't want to hear?

I didn’t read the red bit in the official review findings article. Is that a copy and paste from an article from a journalist. A journalist that perhaps doesn’t want to ruffle the feathers of the higher ups?

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also, Chapman has sat at the helm as this club has lurched from failure to controversy and back again. He may be the nicest bloke in the world but the clubs track record under his tenure tells me that his name is associated with failure.

we talk about wanting a coach that has had success follow them. Well Chapman smells like he has lack of success follow him.

Chapman may be an "elite industry leader" in the business side of running a football club, we are strong financially, etc.

But there is no way ANYONE could use that term to describe his management of a football team that has seen multiple scandals and repeat failures during his tenure

OzSparrow

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manly, Glenelg, Liverpool FC
Chapman may be an "elite industry leader" in the business side of running a football club, we are strong financially, etc.

But there is no way ANYONE could use that term to describe his management of a football team that has seen multiple scandals and repeat failures during his tenure

Agree totally.

How this guy has maintained his position post Tippettgate and everything in between I am stunned.

The mere fact that an external review needed to be called ON HIS WATCH is enough ammunition to finally kill this teflon guy off for good.

I don't give a rats whether the review thinks he is wonderful he has failed in basic governance so badly that the club has got to the postion where an external review needed to be called to fix up the club's problems - all of which have manifested themselves under his stewardship!

FFS he HAS to go!

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I didn’t read the red bit in the official review findings article. Is that a copy and paste from an article from a journalist. A journalist that perhaps doesn’t want to ruffle the feathers of the higher ups?
Looks like a direct quote from Jason Dunstall to me....i.e the "....."

“When pressure builds on-field, everyone feels it. It was really challenging for the leaders, players and coaching group over the last two seasons and relationships weren’t what they needed to be,” Dunstall told The Advertiser.

“Every club faces this challenge, keep tweaking things or fall behind. The Crows tried to keep tweaking things at the end of 2017 and it set them back a bit, the last two seasons on-field weren’t great but there is a playing group that is raring to go.

“We are talking about a particularly strong club. Rob Chapman is incredibly impressive a leader. It is an extremely strong business, the only problem was things didn’t go as planned on field.

“There is no reason the club can’t turn things around very quickly, compete for finals next year. It is a healthy list, a core group of players who are very impressive.”

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
So according to Chappy:
- the review confirmed we have first class processes for dealing with issues. ha.
- he's staying for at least another year, and is the best person for the job. couldn't answer why when asked how that is the case given what has happened under his watch. the 10 seconds of silence after the question was hilarious
- all the required changes have been made. guess roo, fagan(I'm ok with him), hart and hass are staying too

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
He literally just said he is the best person to run this football club.

How you can say that after:

-Tippetgate,
-2 years of lost draft picks,
-a continuous stream of quality players leaving the club since he has been the custodian of culture,
-the camp saga,
-the club finally descending into utter chaos and requiring external intervention to uncover what he can't see...

Just immense denial and/or incompetence and/or self-preservation.

The arrogance, verging on messiah complex, of this dud performer is off the scale.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I’m taking credit for that question

I'd even go further and add Tippetgate into the equation as well.

There's a laundry list of failures under his watch and yet somehow he always seems to avoid the blame and come out of it squeaky clean.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Looks like a direct quote from Jason Dunstall to me....i.e the "....."

“We are talking about a particularly strong club. Rob Chapman is incredibly impressive a leader. It is an extremely strong business, the only problem was things didn’t go as planned on field."

The thing about Chapman is he is a seasoned campaigner. In every sense of the word.

Dunstall knew nothing about Chapman before this review. Chapman just confirmed it was their first meeting.

The thing about these corporate survivors like Chapman is that they spin bullshit very well.

All of Chapman's wiesel words, obfuscation, ego fluffing etc. are well honed tools born of a career of self-preservation.

It takes time to realise his actions and performance don't match his chat.

Dunstall would have no idea that Chapman is a fraud after a handful of chats over a few weeks.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He literally just said he is the best person to run this football club.

How you can say that after:

-Tippetgate,
-2 years of lost draft picks,
-a continuous stream of quality players leaving the club since he has been the custodian of culture,
-the camp saga,
-the club finally descending into utter chaos and requiring external intervention to uncover what he can't see...

Just immense denial and/or incompetence and/or self-preservation.

The arrogance, verging on messiah complex, of this dud performer is off the scale.
Chapman loves me anyway, so I’ll be sending him an email highlighting his failings. * him

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The thing about Chapman is he is a seasoned campaigner. In every sense of the word.

Dunstall knew nothing about Chapman before this review. Chapman just confirmed it was their first meeting.

The thing about these corporate survivors like Chapman is that they spin bullshit very well.

All of Chapman's wiesel words, obfuscation, ego fluffing etc. are well honed tools born of a career of self-preservation.

It takes time to realise his actions and performance don't match his chat.

Dunstall would have no idea that Chapman is a fraud after a handful of chats over a few weeks.
Give Dunstall some credit FFS, he doesn't come across as an uninformed person in the footy world for mine, I'm sure he would have known quite a bit about Chapman before the review. And I'm in no way a fan of Chapman but I disagree with your analysis of Dunstall's knowledge of what's going on in the AFL bubble.

Back