Opinion Sack Chapman - October 2019 Edition - Maintain The Rage

Remove this Banner Ad

Jen, you are the biggest apologist on this board. For so long I’ve resisted having a crack at you whilst others rip in but you really are the epitome of the blind faith supporter.

For the record... and for the umpteenth dozen time, I believe Chappie should go. So you stick your blind faith supporter up your clacker! All I’m saying is IF he was a problem, surely he would have come up somewhere? Or were other things/people seen as more pressing than him?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
What kind of leader doesn't take personal responsibility when all this goes down on his watch?
The guy is Norman Dike...

tumblr_mo8jpa9Zhc1ratxjuo1_250.gifv

When what we need is Ronald Spiers.
9dce3bf700eb12c433affd1b247bc126

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saying "I am the best person for the job" is exceedingly arrogant and says a lot about his character

Even if he was the best person for the job, it's not something you proudly proclaim like an insecure loser

"Because I'm the one who navigated us into this s**t, I'm the only one who can get us out of it."

It is an incredibly arrogant and self-indulgent stretch of logic.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jenny come on. This review was (quite deliberately) restricted to the football department.

You just have to listen to aa today to realise the contempt the supporters have for Chapman and the culture he has created.

The review talked about a culture of self- preservation. Where do you think that comes from??

It's not over until he is gone. If he won't go voluntarily its up to the board to move on him.

You're suggesting that the Chairman constantly putting himself before the Club and being primarily concerned with his own self preservation, regardless of the damage it has done, might have allowed a culture of self preservation to take hold?

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
But the players (AND staff were told) no subject was taboo. IF Chappy was seen as a problem it would have come out at least once.

Honestly, whatever the Review reported on Chapman himself is irrelevant - the fact that the review was necessary, and has resulted in the 3 top men from our footy department getting the arse (all who were contracted and/or promoted under his watch) - including one who as little as six weeks ago was described as 'will be an elite operator at the end of his tenure' by Chapman, should be enough for him to stand down.

If he had any integrity, he would've handed in his resignation today.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know Chappy finding a never ending series of excuses to cling to power is the basic modus operandi of any dictatorial style of leader.

i guarantee that this prick has also created a culture of fear of retribution within the club. Good people leave and you’re left with the dregs. Exactly where we’ve ended up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
You're suggesting that the Chairman constantly putting himself before the Club and being primarily concerned with his own self preservation, regardless of the damage it has done, might have allowed a culture of self preservation to take hold?
I know... it's a fair reach

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Honestly, whatever the Review reported on Chapman himself is irrelevant - the fact that the review was necessary, and has resulted in the 3 top men from our footy department getting the arse (all who were contracted and/or promoted under his watch) - including one who as little as six weeks ago was described as 'will be an elite operator at the end of his tenure' by Chapman, should be enough for him to stand down.

If he had any integrity, he would've handed in his resignation today.
Today was the perfect opportunity for him to go down with his sergeants in a manner that would've both benefited the club and salvaged some respect for his reputation.

Instead he's the captain of the Italian cruise liner that runs aground but somehow finds his way into a life boat.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saying "I am the best person for the job" is exceedingly arrogant and says a lot about his character

Even if he was the best person for the job, it's not something you proudly proclaim like an insecure loser

This absolutely astounded me. There is always someone better. Always.

I'm completely perplexed by the review to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back