Opinion Sack Chapman - October 2019 Edition - Maintain The Rage

boffo

Aug 7, 2006
The review consulted the players about football, unfortunately it didn't consult the membership about communication with members and the leadership of the club by the Chairman.

Chapman models values, like self-preservation, avoiding accountability, arrogance. Not to mention the obfuscation which is often the purpose of the steady flow of PR BS.

But we are only 'external noise'.

His thinking is: "the club? C'est moi".

Aug 13, 2006
SA

Listen to this.

He's a joke; how can he possibly say any of this with a straight face, after the bullshit of the last 24 months.

He's claiming the the Chair is re-elected every December now? Didn't he sign on for a 3 year tenure?

More lies.

And * off with the 'fair question' response - Bicks and Rowey don't need you to validate that they're asking 'fair questions' you 5% of your brain using dickhead.

Scrogdogg

May 29, 2018
I posted earlier Chappy would tie himself to the noble necessity of seeing the Club through this traumatic time. It is simple stuff that by riding it out and 'managing'his own ending to this whole low-point, he 'saves' his administrative career. Smart face saving stuff. He will be harder to move than the Titanic. But he must go.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
"None of this was a surprise to me."

6 weeks ago;

"Brett Burton is a star, and will be an elite footy manager by the time his tenure ends."

He is so full of s**t, what a weasel.

What about when he said the camp was a “miss.”

Yet all through 2018 he and the club fell over themselves telling us how great it was and that there was nothing to see here.

Pricks.

conVINCEd

Oct 15, 2003
Adelaide Crows
Bumbling fool on 5AA. Just walk Chappie.

He didn’t speak well in that bit about why he should stick around.

I will defend him; he did about 10 radio interviews on Friday, I’ve listed to half of them, and I think he was pretty knackered by the time Rowey & Bicks show was on in the arvo.

He is human.

conVINCEd

Oct 15, 2003
Adelaide Crows
Saying "I am the best person for the job" is exceedingly arrogant and says a lot about his character

Even if he was the best person for the job, it's not something you proudly proclaim like an insecure loser

If you were the best person for the job, and you were asked if you were the best person for the job, what would you say?

MrBarry

Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Manchester City
If you were the best person for the job, and you were asked if you were the best person for the job, what would you say?

But on what grounds does he believe he is the best person for the job?????

At the end of the day, if he stepped down with dignity he could actually save himself some face - now he just looks like a prick who won't let go.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
But on what grounds does he believe he is the best person for the job?????

At the end of the day, if he stepped down with dignity he could actually save himself some face - now he just looks like a prick who won't let go.

If he didn’t have his head so far up his own arse... if he had people around him who were prepared to have man conversations with him (instead of the simpering idiots on that board who have backed him in for next year) he would actually use this time right now, and all these media interviews, to say, “Look, after everything that’s happened here, I am going to now use the last part of my chairmanship to lobby for the fast-tracking of my position being a member-elected position. I will do everything in my power to try and make that happen. That will be my legacy to the club and its members. Then I will go.”

Despite every single one of his laundry list of *-ups, if he did that right now, he would actually save some face and be able to leave with some dignity.

He won’t though. If he had that sort of judgement and self-awareness we wouldn’t be in this position to start with.

Vhaluus

10k Posts
May 13, 2016
Chapman has overseen:

1)Salary Cap breaches that caused:
- The worst draft sanctions the AFL has ever seen
- a CEO banned for 6 months who he then allowed to return
2)Three sacked head coaches
3)11 years of no premierships
4)A club so deep in crisis an external review was needed that led to:
-a sacked head of football who 6 weeks before Chapman had backed in as one of the best in the business
-a sacked assistant coach who had survived for 9 years under his reign and was actually PROMOTED not long ago to senior assistant.
-an exodus of players that no club in the modern AFL has ever seen. Even Carlton and Gold Coast have never had an exodus like we're experiencing.e

Our club is in the worst position in the AFL now bar none. Even GC have several years worth of great extra draft picks to look forward to. We have nothing but pain for at least a decade trying to fix this s**t.

Mike Smyth

10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
Its beyond comprehension how this slither of human waste has managed to survive for so long. Following this club over the last 20 years has been so disheartening. Following the afc is life deflating.

thebirdman 24

Oct 8, 2007
The review wasn't even looking at the board so why did he get mentioned at all in the publicly released findings?

If we judge him on what he has overseen over the past decade there is now way he is an elite operator.

Time to go for somw 'fresh air' as the flog himself keeps saying.

Elite Crow

30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
The review wasn't even looking at the board so why did he get mentioned at all in the publicly released findings?

If we judge him on what he has overseen over the past decade there is now way he is an elite operator.

Time to go for somw 'fresh air' as the flog himself keeps saying.
That’s the odd part. Very odd also how Chapman and Fagan got a special mention, almost as if Dunstall went out of his way to pump them up.

thebirdman 24

Oct 8, 2007
That’s the odd part. Very odd also how Chapman and Fagan got a special mention, almost as if Dunstall went out of his way to pump them up.

To increase Chapman's bid to continue on and leave on a high. I think part of it was to shut up the 1% of fans who rubbish him.

He was never going to step down this year or next with the club in crisis as this would ruin his brand. I just doubt his ability to turn things around besides making a few minimum gestures. A good operator would not have needed an external review to sack Campo & Burton - they would have got rid of them years before or in Burton's case never appoint him.