Sack Dale Alcock and David Walls

Remove this Banner Ad

Getlegs

Senior List
Mar 14, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The list management and trade decisions last year were deplorable and a ridiculous risk for a team that is still young and could have been developed through the draft. What makes it worse is we don't appear to have learnt anything around trading first rnd drafts picks since 1995.

We have once again jeopardised the mental health of a young man in an attempt to make a quick off-season marketing buck. If Jackson struggles with the pressure of expectation, the question may need to be asked whether we need to compensate Hogan, whoms mental health is clearly better at GWS.

We had three elite defenders. Cox, Logue and Pearce. Logue was top 10 in out F&B as a forward, Cox showed promise as a forward when he was younger. Pearce as a leader of the club could have sacrificed his game and trialled as a forward. How could list management and administration not convinced Logue to stay.

I will say Alcock has the club running profitably, which would be great if I was a shareholder taking a dividend each year.

Jackson was homesick and wanted to return home and you think we jeopardised his mental health by facilitating his wishes?

Jackson was homesick and wanted to return home and you think we jeopardised his mental health by facilitating his wishes?
Only time will tell, but huge amount of pressure on 21 year old who the club paid brownlow medallist money and cost 2 first rnd and a 2 rnd draft pick.

If he was home sick, I wouldn't have thought he needed more than double his previous contract to come home or at the very least more than Melbourne offered him.

I think he was enticed home with a lucrative contract and then marketed by the club as a key to us maintaining our finals presence.

My point is, I don't blame him, I blame the club putting him in that position. I just hope he doesn't suffer mental health impacts because of it.

It's been a mess for years, doing stupid front loaded deals, overpaying potential, and being stingey on players that actually deserve the money (starting with Lachie Neale)

Have a ******* word with yourselves. Walls is excellent, Alcock allows us to operate outside of the cap (not as well as Visy or Channel 7 but better thsn nothing).

Jackson we know is potential, but we'd have been pilloried for not taking him for what we hoped would be two late firsts. Who knows if he'll work out, but lets give him more than two games to work out the best way to play with the team.

We look disjointed currently, I reckon we've upsetthe balance, underestimated Acres and Lobb's impact on our structures (not their talent level), as well as Mundy's ability around stoppages.

Going to take some time to gel, and I think we'll start getting minutes into Johnson and Ras pretty soon. We're not winning s**t so relax, but I think we're still looking ok for 2025.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a ******* word with yourselves. Walls is excellent, Alcock allows us to operate outside of the cap (not as well as Visy or Channel 7 but better thsn nothing).

Jackson we know is potential, but we'd have been pilloried for not taking him for what we hoped would be two late firsts. Who knows if he'll work out, but lets give him more than two games to work out the best way to play with the team.

We look disjointed currently, I reckon we've upsetthe balance, underestimated Acres and Lobb's impact on our structures (not their talent level), as well as Mundy's ability around stoppages.

Going to take some time to gel, and I think we'll start getting minutes into Johnson and Ras pretty soon. We're not winning s**t so relax, but I think we're still looking ok for 2025.

If we don’t play Ras , Johnno, Tracey, Sturt etc now, 10 teams will go past us in 2025

If we don’t play Ras , Johnno, Tracey, Sturt etc now, 10 teams will go past us in 2025
Maybe, maybe not. Margins are thin in elite sport, doesn't take much to swing one way or the other (as we are currently experiencing).

For what it's worth I agree that we need to prioritise Johnson as a big body that will give us some grunt in the middle (Ras also fgits here but he's way less refined, so I see Peel as a good place for him to work on that). I'd also look at getting Sturt in somehow. We saw tonight how impactful Sonny was with some genuine forward craft & skill.

I would save that and get rid of longmuir.

Hearts in the right place, but hasn't got the balls for the job.
Zero killer instinct. Doesn’t have the insane will to win that we need. Lovely bloke but no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero killer instinct. Doesn’t have the insane will to win that we need. Lovely bloke but no.
How do you know if he is not competitive or has killer instinct, because he is quiet and has manners and is not a raving loony like Clarko and Lyon? Those two are in the perfect honeymoon period at the moment with zero pressure or expectation on them yet watch how quickly they will go feral once things are a little less bright in their worlds, say mid season.

This thread needs to be shut down, with Walls we probably had the best representation in the AFL's U23 team of the year last season yet after a whole TWO games it is time to sack Walls?????

How do you know if he is not competitive or has killer instinct, because he is quiet and has manners and is not a raving loony like Clarko and Lyon? Those two are in the perfect honeymoon period at the moment with zero pressure or expectation on them yet watch how quickly they will go feral once things are a little less bright in their worlds, say mid season.
Name one time where we have buried another team since JL started.

You think there's no expectations on Lyon?

Can't have a killer instinct when the players are definitely programmed to be robots ala the coach & captain.

No emotional response or rev up to Youngs' courage, Serongs' tussle and then Sonny coming on.

Whilst we haven't won a game by 100, we've had plenty of games where we've utterly strangled the competition and never looked like losing. I'd argue that's pretty much the same, albeit defensively as opposed to offensively.

I understand we want the former, but if it had delivered a flag, who would honestly have given a *? I think the game has rapidly changed over the last 12 months and JL now has to amend his plan. We'll know if we need to sack him by midway through 2024 (maybe the end of this one). Before then is just knee-jerk plain and simple. We've progressed each year he's been here, let's give him a bit of rope.

My opinion with leadership positions is that stability is a good thing, and change only when a clear better option is available.

If there is a better available coach than Longmuir, get him. Same with Walls. I don't see them. We struggle to attract experienced, elite coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back