Injury SACK DOCTORS 1 - CTE

Remove this Banner Ad

Not everyone gets the Showdown and what it is. Our doctors simply get what winning the Showdown means and have the cut throat mentality we've been crying out for the leadership to have.

But on a more serious note, given all of our haters' eyes are on this game you just know the call will receive media attention and scrutiny and you know what? Fair enough, as it should. Whatever we get fined, chuck it towards the CTE payouts that'll be coming in future years.

Take your ******* one eyed goggles off and look at the replay. 2 players clashing heads at full speed and going limp. Jones has both hands up in the classic concussion pose. Have you never seen a concussion before?

Neither looker knocked out to me despite the commentators bias.

Both clearly holding their heads up.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The other camera angle had Aliir with his eyes open, immobile and staring into space. It's not him having a rest surely.

Jones looked dazed like he was back to his senses.

If the league is taking this seriously then this incident doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah slow motion makes things look worse than they are.

I’ll trust our docs over Roo and the commentators

Blind faith in a medical department that has done this repeatedly and is facing a lawsuit from a former club is exactly the same as happy clapping for ken Hinkley.

Just because they're doctors and work for port Adelaide doesn't mean they're infallible..or even competent it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh bullshit
I'm a health care professional and an educated trainer at my local footy club.

I'll back my judgement over your rehashing of Roos comments.

Both could end up with delayed concussion but neither were out cold.

Don't trust what went on with Aliir. Jones at least went off for a test

Firstly, Jones hasn't even run back out yet so let's take a breath and wait for actual confirmation on that one.
Agree though, Aliir went back out way too quick for mine. He looks as though he's okay, but for the amount of time he spent down on the ground surely they have to go through the full concussion test like they seemed to with Jones.

Remember when Burgess came back to SA and was deciding what club he was gonna go to, but Ken wouldn't have him unless Ken retained final say over player availability over the fitness staff, so Burgess told us to GAGF and went to the Crows?

I'm guessing our doctor doesn't have Burgess' integrity.

Neither looker knocked out to me despite the commentators bias.

Both clearly holding their heads up.

Lol dude, Jones was in the classic concussion response with the weird clenched hands in the air. He wasnt even concious when he hit the ground.

Remember when Burgess came back to SA and was deciding what club he was gonna go to, but Ken wouldn't have him unless Ken retained final say over player availability over the fitness staff, so Burgess told us to GAGF and went to the Crows?

I'm guessing our doctor doesn't have Burgess' integrity.

How many players have we rolled out injured in recent years ,usually to our detriment

Are you seriously trying to argue he was holding his head off the ground whilst concussed?

You seem to be confused between being knocked out and being concussed, ie. You have NFI.

You can be concussed without being knocked out. You can be flash knocked out and wake up when you hit the deck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back