Injury SACK DOCTORS 1 - CTE

Remove this Banner Ad

A McAdam thread would be a pretty interesting thread on the AFL board! I wonder what other team supporters think of the situation after we copped a 100k fine. The fact they didn't even take him off for a simple concussion test is pretty bad after the scrutiny from the Allir/Jones incident.

Surely during the week there will be a please explain???

A McAdam thread would be a pretty interesting thread on the AFL board! I wonder what other team supporters think of the situation after we copped a 100k fine. The fact they didn't even take him off for a simple concussion test is pretty bad after the scrutiny from the Allir/Jones incident.

Surely during the week there will be a please explain???

The AFL’s please explain will evened out by the Crows please explain, so it’s probably even.

Imagine heading over there now with fake concern for their players welfare and how we couldn’t believe that their club would dare put macadams long term health at risk.

He didn’t even come off the field. Laid motionless for 10 seconds. Clearly no test was done. How is there not the same level of outrage about this?

I mean, this is the same fanbase who wanted some random mouthbreathing scumbag crucified for throwing a piece of fruit, and gleefully used that incident to allege Port is a club teeming with Romper Stomper-tier racist fans.

Before later employing every excuse and victim-blaming tactic under the sun to give their 31 year old-should know better-talisman a pass after… you know.

Their binary prism is unashamedly: ‘Your club: Daleks, Voldemort, Satan / My club: Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Morgan Freeman’.

Bit different in that McAdam didn’t come to the bench. I’m not sure the doctors are to blame. That’s a situation for an on field leader, maybe Walker to take it off him and send him to the bench.

Or what it really should be is an independent adjudicator to tell the umpire, like the blood rule, and the player is sent for a test. The club doctor and an independent doctor can then assess the need for a full concussion test and proceed with that test if necessary.

There are a handful of club doctors that I would trust, Port and the Crows do not feature on that list.

As to the rumour about Burgess wanting final say on a player’s fitness status - if that’s the case and Port said no, that’s an utter embarrassment and shows the club lacks any integrity or concern for player welfare. Criticise Burg’s style all you want but he had us humming in 2013 and 14, was a huge part of Melb’s flag and have the crows in a top four position bar some unlucky results (2x pies, 1 x lions, 1 x giants, 1x swans).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tommy Jonas big head clash, comes off with the blood rule. Gets sent back out. Gets called back in to do the Scatman john. Passes. Back on again.

Wtf? He's down there getting stitches anyway, why not do the scat first off, instead of sending him back on?

Rozee wandering round like a space cadet, being uncharacteristically slow and getting caught repeatedly. Head knock. No checks.

I still think the doc should have been sacked and we seem to keep making the same blunders.

Bit different in that McAdam didn’t come to the bench. I’m not sure the doctors are to blame. That’s a situation for an on field leader, maybe Walker to take it off him and send him to the bench.

Or what it really should be is an independent adjudicator to tell the umpire, like the blood rule, and the player is sent for a test. The club doctor and an independent doctor can then assess the need for a full concussion test and proceed with that test if necessary.

There are a handful of club doctors that I would trust, Port and the Crows do not feature on that list.

As to the rumour about Burgess wanting final say on a player’s fitness status - if that’s the case and Port said no, that’s an utter embarrassment and shows the club lacks any integrity or concern for player welfare. Criticise Burg’s style all you want but he had us humming in 2013 and 14, was a huge part of Melb’s flag and have the crows in a top four position bar some unlucky results (2x pies, 1 x lions, 1 x giants, 1x swans).
Tommy Jonas big head clash, comes off with the blood rule. Gets sent back out. Gets called back in to do the Scatman john. Passes. Back on again.

Wtf? He's down there getting stitches anyway, why not do the scat first off, instead of sending him back on?

Rozee wandering round like a space cadet, being uncharacteristically slow and getting caught repeatedly. Head knock. No checks.

I still think the doc should have been sacked and we seem to keep making the same blunders.
How and the hell would you know who was checked or wasn’t. FMD.

So Jonas has to come off after a head knock with blood streaming down his face.

Apparently passes the ‘eye test’ but doesn’t get a SCAT5. For some reason he is still off for ages. He is then sent back on. And then is brought off and gets the SCAT5, which he passes and he goes back on.

Burton doesn’t come off, doesn’t get tested.

How does this pass the pub test? How does this suggest we have the players’ best interests at heart? How does this show we act with integrity? And how does this show we’ve learned from incident two weeks back?

Fair chance the HIA was called for by the independent doc not our doc who sent Jonas back out there. That'd what they're meant to be doing anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back