"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of the time my old work gave me a christmas card with one line of tattslotto attached.
Not one ticket. One line. It was a banner fu**in' year at the old Bender family that Christmas
Haha I didn’t even know you could do just one line of Tatts, lucky man turned it into millions no doubt.

KK just a bonus, that’s one s**t bonus
The bonus is that by some miracle if we ever make finals and Geelong don’t we can replace Kade with Jake Kolodjashnij and no one will even notice. It’s a covert concussion sub.

So, then, it must be a doppleganger or a clone of Paul Roos sitting on "On The Couch" every week. I mean, he wouldn't lie and create an excuse to get out of his contract at Melbourne, would he?
Thanks for your contribution shithead.

FYI Coaching an AFL club is a full-time job. The AFL Season is 27 weeks. How long does On The Couch go for again?

Now piss off with your ignorant rubbish.

We've been bloody awful this year. But it's been almost comical how bad everything has gone, it's at Greek tragedy levels, which I find hard to blame on any one person. The conditioning has been rubbish - so we sacked him. Forward line efficiency has been abysmal, so we shuffled the coaches mid season and will be looking to get new talent in over the off season. Tmac finally finds form, does his knee. Melksham our best kick and forward has been out for 10 weeks now? through a freak spraining of his foot. OMAC with zero preseason has turned into a mash potato. May, our big recruit, essentially has a year from hell. Nev our best defender out for most of the year.
Did we sack Misson? I thought he was moving overseas, presumably because he stumbled onto bigfooty and realised another 4-6 week injury would get him lynched.

Re: forward line efficiency- it's been s**t for three seasons. Not sure the mid-year deck chair shuffle was a result of this or because we'd already pissed away the season and had to look like we were doing something, especially as the board had come out and said there wouldn't be a review :drunk:. I'm also not sure what impact assistant coaches are really going to have. As Carlton's forward coach, Teague managed 100 points twice under Bolton. As their senior coach he's done it pretty much every week. Not sure you can ping our woes on the line coaches, who ostensibly are working under Goody's direction in the first place. I haven't seen the club mention getting new coaches in the off-season, though I assume either Mccarthy or the coaches he's (allegedly) not getting on with will get the arse.

Agree with your post overall, Goody defo has some credits in the bank but if the club cooks it next year he has to go.

Did we sack Misson? I thought he was moving overseas, presumably because he stumbled onto bigfooty and realised another 4-6 week injury would get him lynched.

Re: forward line efficiency- it's been s**t for three seasons. Not sure the mid-year deck chair shuffle was a result of this or because we'd already pi**ed away the season and had to look like we were doing something, especially as the board had come out and said there wouldn't be a review :drunk:. I'm also not sure what impact assistant coaches are really going to have. As Carlton's forward coach, Teague managed 100 points twice under Bolton. As their senior coach he's done it pretty much every week. Not sure you can ping our woes on the line coaches, who ostensibly are working under Goody's direction in the first place. I haven't seen the club mention getting new coaches in the off-season, though I assume either Mccarthy or the coaches he's (allegedly) not getting on with will get the arse.

Agree with your post overall, Goody defo has some credits in the bank but if the club cooks it next year he has to go.

We were 5th last year for forward line efficiency, so not shithouse. It was more the ball pinging back the other way and leaking scores against that hurt us and made the repeat entries appear worse than it actually as was.

Reminds me of the time my old work gave me a christmas card with one line of tattslotto attached.
Not one ticket. One line. It was a banner fu**in' year at the old Bender family that Christmas
No swimming pool, for you then I take it?

Had a good chat to a relative 'insider' yesterday who's spent a fair bit of time around the group.

Reckons McCartney is definitely gone at the end of the year, Rooke and Chaplin under the pump too.

Also thinks AVB is cooked.

McCartney is an interesting one, he seems to be able to develop players on an individual level but is really divisive among the larger playing group.

Those who think that Goodwin is responsible for where Melbourne is now, also have to tar Paul Roos with the same brush.

You see, it is my understanding that one of the terms of Roos' agreement to coach Melbourne was to pick his own successor.

So Roos picked Goodwin. If you blame Goodwin for where Melbourne is this year, you can't then also say that Paul Roos is a genius.

Roos is responsible for Goodwin having his job, so he needs to also be blamed.

Besides, the question needs to be asked why Roos isn't still coaching Melbourne. He said that he would only coach three years, and then would have to leave, so that they can move to Hawaii to be closer to his American wife's family.

So, then, it must be a doppleganger or a clone of Paul Roos sitting on "On The Couch" every week. I mean, he wouldn't lie and create an excuse to get out of his contract at Melbourne, would he?

One thing Goodwin has done is coach Melbourne to finals, something Roos, Neeld nor Bailey could achieve.
You’re an absolute clown. Seriously. Roos took over Melbourne when they were a basket case, and that term is not used lightly. Gradually each year under his tenure he put us higher up the ladder. He cleaned out the detritus, advocated for Jackson to come across, developed a defensive first structure that was lacking and substantially rebuilt our entire game and culture.

Only someone who doesn’t understand where the positions of power sit would blame Roos now. Sure he appointed Goodwin, so are we now blaming Roos for a bad season? Are you going to also come out and laud Roos with praise for 2018? Because if you’re going to emphasise the negative you need to emphasise the positive.

It’s been a bad year, we get that, but don’t be one of these short thinking short observers that look at Roos for this ‘mess’. Roos hasn’t been at the club for 2 years, it’s time people stopped associating him with Melbourne FFS.

Only thing Goody has going for him is that he won finals on his first go. Took Hardwick three elimination finals losses and Bevo one to actually win in September. The game plan held up last year and he got ‘unlucky’ with 6-6-6 but he’d be under a lot more scrutiny if we hadn’t beaten Geelong last year, and arguably he’s lucky we didn’t make finals in 2017 to get pumped by Sydney at the SCG. Those credits can only last so long.

Had a good chat to a relative 'insider' yesterday who's spent a fair bit of time around the group.

Reckons McCartney is definitely gone at the end of the year, Rooke and Chaplin under the pump too.

Also thinks AVB is cooked.
Yeah I reckon AVB will call it. Unsighted all year. Unless this new fitness head can get him up I reckon it might be curtains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy was such a highly regarded assistant before his senior coaching gig. Played a big part in Geelong success.

Since he has gone back to being an assistant after having a senior gig he has become the new 'Cornflakes'.

We were 5th last year for forward line efficiency, so not s**thouse. It was more the ball pinging back the other way and leaking scores against that hurt us and made the repeat entries appear worse than it actually as was.
Fair call- maybe not "shithouse" but unless I'm mistaken we were also the #1 team for inside 50's so it definitely felt like a lot of wasted opportunities.

That being said efficiency forward is only one issue in that area of the ground, our forward 50 entries seem to have been crap forever. At one point last season we were the #1 ranked team for scoring from chains originating in defence, and #15th from scoring from chains originating in offence. (Same place that I pulled that stat out said that Melbourne retained possession in the forward line from 68% of Melkshams entries... which was the highest of any player in the AFL. He was also ranked #1 (i think) for Goal Assists, shows how much we miss him)

Out of interest where did you see we were #5 for forward line efficiency? Wouldn't mind have a geez at those stats.

If Craig Jennings leaves not saying he is or anything but with a few clubs looking for new set ups we will be utterly ****ed. Who else is any good at the club? Or who is out there we could get. Surely Ratten gets the saints gig but if he doesnt we should be trying everything to get him

Yeah I reckon AVB will call it. Unsighted all year. Unless this new fitness head can get him up I reckon it might be curtains.
Surely he waits to see if Burgess and his mob can sort him out before calling it. With the mid season draft reckon we can give him til then plus we got alot of other dead weight we can get rid of with no extra picks really to get players in

If Craig Jennings leaves not saying he is or anything but with a few clubs looking for new set ups we will be utterly f’ed.
Lets ******* hope he leaves. He's meant to be our chief strategist and he gets it wrong every. single. week.

Fair call- maybe not "s**thouse" but unless I'm mistaken we were also the #1 team for inside 50's so it definitely felt like a lot of wasted opportunities.

That being said efficiency forward is only one issue in that area of the ground, our forward 50 entries seem to have been crap forever. At one point last season we were the #1 ranked team for scoring from chains originating in defence, and #15th from scoring from chains originating in offence. (Same place that I pulled that stat out said that Melbourne retained possession in the forward line from 68% of Melkshams entries... which was the highest of any player in the AFL. He was also ranked #1 (i think) for Goal Assists, shows how much we miss him)

Out of interest where did you see we were #5 for forward line efficiency? Wouldn't mind have a geez at those stats.

As I said it was the leaking of easy goals out the back that made our repeated forward entries look worse.

I heard it on a podcast that were ranked 5th last year. RSN - by the numbers.

Our drop in percentage this year is one of the worst in the last 30 years.

And melksham is the money man when kicking inside 50.

Lets ******* hope he leaves. He's meant to be our chief strategist and he gets it wrong every. single. week.
Yeah but besides him who the * we got😂 Goodwin doesnt do s**t then the others are mehhh. Like i listen to Bucks Hardwick Beveridge Clarkson or any other coach who didnt get sacked they all are miles ahead of ******* we have in creating a mob mentality. We are ****ed

Tbh once we bring back Melksham, Hore, McDonald and vandenBerg, bring in Langdon and hopefully some talent at the draft and hopefully at least four of Weideman, Jetta, Lever, Hannan, May and Garlett have better years in terms of fitness and form than 2019 we will eke out a mediocre year, finish 6-10 and Goody will get another season. We won't sack him until his contract is done unfortunately.

All we can hope for really is that we get Lachie Whitfield as a free agent at the end of 2020.

Tbh once we bring back Melksham, Hore, McDonald and vandenBerg, bring in Langdon and hopefully some talent at the draft and hopefully at least four of Weideman, Jetta, Lever, Hannan, May and Garlett have better years in terms of fitness and form than 2019 we will eke out a mediocre year, finish 6-10 and Goody will get another season. We won't sack him until his contract is done unfortunately.

All we can hope for really is that we get Lachie Whitfield as a free agent at the end of 2020.

If that happens we probably present him another 5 years on a silver platter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back