"Sack Goodwin!"

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sack Goodwin, and sack the people who gave a contract extension to an unproven coach. Stupidity.

Great point. In fact the biggest issue is the ridiculous extension. A lot of coaches turn out to be no good but the decision to give Goodwin a long/term deal was such dumb business.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
True. So much space and great leading from all their forwards especially in the first half.
This is probably due to Roughead more than Ratten. An inspired choice by the Saints. I know a few on here really wanted Roughead. I mean why would we chase a multiple premiership full forward to coach the weakest area in our team? So we decide to just not have a forward coach!! Ratten from memory was a great midfield coach. The Saints are in good hands. I can see them finding success tbh while we languish in the bottom 4 with our once in a generation midfield..

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The good news is it can't possibly get any worse than what it is currently, so it will only get better from here. :rainbow:
Our losses have been to WCE, Geelong and Richmond. Areguably 3 of the best 6. Suns and Hawks do provide opportunities for wins. But with the way we're playing, I can easily see us 1-5. If that happens I'd pull the pin on Goody. Must win against Suns or he could be done..

Our losses have been to WCE, Geelong and Richmond. Areguably 3 of the best 6. Suns and Hawks do provide opportunities for wins. But with the way we're playing, I can easily see us 1-5. If that happens I'd pull the pin on Goody. Must win against Suns or he could be done..

I meant from an inside 50 efficiency perspective. Not wins and losses.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I meant from an inside 50 efficiency perspective. Not wins and losses.
My apologies. Although i believe our inside 50 efficiency can get worse. We're the worst kicking team I've ever seen. Throw in the dumbest as well with not 1 decent forward target, and you have the perfect storm.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's very lucky that his contract runs until 2022. It's rather sad and pathetic that we haven't played a convincing game at all since 2018. We've regressed so far since then it's not funny. Very frustrating that our forward connection is still a major issue and that's been going on since Goodwin's been in charge I reckon. We have to turn this around soon but that looks doubtful tbh.

Im finally in the sack Goodwin camp.

We had all the tools to put Richmond away on the weekend but not the right person holding the tool kit.

He was fine working from Roos blue print but hasn't adapted at all to the rule changes.

We need to sack Goodwin and get aggressive this off season, Im tired of it. Trade Oliver for an A grade key forward for all I care, build the midfield around Trac. Invest in midfielders with brains and foot skills for once. Stop playing blokes out of position. I love Viney but Harmes is a better player so give him the midfield time he deserves. *, do something.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It isn't just Goodwin that needs to go either. ALL the assistants can * off, feels like they're a bunch of yes men (Most have been there for a while) and have done nothing to help Goodwin rectify our issues. Mahoney and the board are probably in a bit of trouble too.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It isn't just Goodwin that needs to go either. ALL the assistants can fu** off, feels like they're a bunch of yes men (Most have been there for a while) and have done nothing to help Goodwin rectify our issues. Mahoney and the board are probably in a bit of trouble too.
Wasn't McCartney basically sacked for having a differing opinion Goody.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
When Jones was dropped , Mahoney, when asked said Jones had a few niggles and hadn't been able to train fully for a few weeks (More or less) . Then why was he picked in the first place ? All last season Goodwin couldn't wait to rush his favourite players back into the team , often on the back of half or just 1 game in the twos . I feel sorry for the 1st and 2nd year players , imagine being in this team and witnessing seasoned players doing dumb s**t , or executing poorly when it seemed easier to connect than miss. We are a reflection of the Public persona of Goodwin, bland , boring , emotionless football with no mongrel allowed . Goodwin should be shitting himself with the crap we have dished up .

It isn't just Goodwin that needs to go either. ALL the assistants can fu** off, feels like they're a bunch of yes men (Most have been there for a while) and have done nothing to help Goodwin rectify our issues. Mahoney and the board are probably in a bit of trouble too.

Alan Richardson was such a lame appointment.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Clearly Goodwin has to go, and a bigger, more confident club would just rip off the bandaid (especially if we lose the next few games).

But no way I’d be trading Oliver - he flourished under Roos (2018 was a Roos hangover season IMO), and there’s every chance a half decent coach could work with his lightning hands and mould him into a gun inside mid.

Like many, he appears to be going backwards in his basic skills, but the fact so many of them are (compared to the rest of the comp also effected by covid lockdowns) says to me there’s no hunger or ownership coming down from a Goodwin.

I truly believe while he’s matey with enough of the players, they’re not “playing“ for him. As Derm said last night, no way can you say they are playing uncompromising footy - and the only way that can occur is with a decent culture which is driven from the top - the coach.

Back