"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Only two more years until we finally see the back of Goodwin

Flag window will be shut by then, but then so will any credits he had as a coach

Last edited:
Only two more years until we finally see the back of Goodwin

Flag window will be shut be then, but then so will any credits he had as a coach
He'll always be our premiership coach. Will always love the bloke for that. 1 flag doesn't seem enough, but over 0 flags? Yeah, I'll take it. Has his faults, but we've won more games than any other club last 3 years. Out of the top 4 I think for 2 rounds only in 3 years. He loves a punt, loves the nose beers. The players love him. Remember, we were so close in having Stuey Dew as our coach! I can handle 2 more years. He needs a different voice or two around him.though..

He'll always be our premiership coach. Will always love the bloke for that. 1 flag doesn't seem enough, but over 0 flags? Yeah, I'll take it. Has his faults, but we've won more games than any other club last 3 years. Out of the top 4 I think for 2 rounds only in 3 years. He loves a punt, loves the nose beers. The players love him. Remember, we were so close in having Stuey Dew as our coach! I can handle 2 more years. He needs a different voice or two around him.though..

i would Dew over Goodwin at this stage - I cant see him being any worse

i would Dew over Goodwin at this stage - I cant see him being any worse
Dew had a bloody talented list to work with. Did nothing. Not one finals appearance. I say we dodged a bullet. Who knows in hindsight, but I'll take a flag and 3 top 4 finishes in a row over what Dew has produced thanks..

Goody is fine. He needs better assistant coaches. The group needs some new voices/ideas.

The board are more angry at the players apparently. Too many ticking off their minimum hours per week and thinking that's enough. It came to the fore in our execution in the finals.
Wouldn't surprise me...
we seem to have gone backwards since mid last season... after all and sundry have back-slapped anything that wears red&blue.

This can have seriously detrimental effects on team/club culture.

Add to this, we have recruited more softness from outside, and some have shown an unwillingness to compete on occasions. And others have mentally gone missing on other occasions... see hunter and langdon, in defence.

We need a broom going thru, or we will be back to the 1960's again.

Topping up from others rejects, has its perils.

I don't agree with people who mention the TMac/Schache sub thing as a factor. We were all over Carlton in the last quarter. We just couldn't convert. That's all. Why make a change when you have momentum. We should've won the game by 5 goals.

How is it Goodwin's fault that we can't kick straight for goal?
Forward entry method & speed. Solely.

The fact we picked a bloke as sub with such a narrow view of when/how he'd be used is very dumb (and very us).
No faith in him. He didn't get a run but we were in the lead... until stupid play in the last few minutes.
Leever up the line, whatever it takes.

10 minutes of Hibbo at the end would've been a great asset.
Hibbo would have run the footy in the last few minutes, ensuring we possessed the footy on the fat side.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fritsch should've kicked his snap. Gawn should've kicked 2. Pickett should've kicked his set shot. Chandler should've kicked his 1 goal. There's 5 goals which means we win by 4 goals which has nothing to do with method and speed.
Fritsch needs a foot-up, where the sun never shines.

If I was coach, I would strongly suggest he shaves his head; and take some in-house boxing lessons.

IMO he has become a legend in his own hairdo.

He and langers and hunter, can all go back to the reserves, as far as I'm concerned. Its time for Bowie and Woey on the wings, or even Howesa.

Gawn worries too much about his goal kicking. His new technique early this season, running out wide late in his run-up, has hurt his goal scoring mojo.

Pickett is being a teenage dick. Needs to settle the f()@& down. And stay grounded, literally. We are at our most dangerous when he has, or is chasing the footy, inside F50.
And I would prefer he turns away from the boundary line, instead of toward it, with footy in hand... If he cannot break away, at least he has teammates in-front of his eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back