"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Creepen

Senior List
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m with u mate

Second year in charge and still gotta a long way to go but improving by the season

I maintain if the boys kicked straight non of s**t ‘sack him’ s**t would have started

Great win tonight and pressures off for the rest of the season! Let’s see what happens!

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m with u mate

Second year in charge and still gotta a long way to go but improving by the season

I maintain if the boys kicked straight non of s**t ‘sack him’ s**t would have started

Great win tonight and pressures off for the rest of the season! Let’s see what happens!
There's been frustrating moments throughout the season but he's learning. For example he probably learnt from that Geelong game when Hawkins was dominating omac that he should've moved frost on him earlier. I think we did the right thing with bringing in roos to steady the ship and then have Goodwin learn from him but then also bring in his own ideas. Also Goodwin coming from Essendon brought in melksham and hibberd because he knew what they could bring to the table. I'm sure Hawthorn supporters had their own doubts on Clarkson early on. We've broken a few 'hoodoos' or changed the narrative under Goodwin now so we're heading in the right direction.

Remember when a bunch of you fools were calling to sack him? :drunk::rolleyes:

...and here we are, first time playing finals since 2006! o_O :D

How does it feel knowing just how Off the mark that opinion is? :oops::sick::poo:

lol

Finals Baby! ;) :p :D

Are you trying to sell me some multi-level marketing s**t?

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
did by barbs sting a little? :p

Nah all good.

I never called for Godwin’s head. I’ve been impressed that the players clearly know what the game plan is.

Do still have some queries about our ability to adjust/stem the flow defensively in game.

Also think we need a little more outside run as we shouldn’t need extra men at the stoppages when we’ve got the best tap ruckman in the comp.

Everything seems to be improving slowly though so I’m still happy with Goody.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
With this year now a pass mark, if he gets top 6 next year I think he'll be safe for a new contract. I do like his levelheadedness as opposed to the Scott brothers, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Remember when a bunch of you fools were calling to sack him? :drunk::rolleyes:

...and here we are, first time playing finals since 2006! o_O :D

How does it feel knowing just how Off the mark that opinion is? :oops::sick::poo:

lol

Finals Baby! ;) :p :D

Feel like this thread needs a bump because we all need to laugh st ourselves a bit. Other threads getting a bit serious :)

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I’ve been a big Goodwin supporter. Just as people go quieter the doomsdayers grow louder. We are playing putrid football at the moment. It’s bloody frustrating, but we’ve had people question why we delisted bugg, already writing off May, Spargo is a dud, McCartney needs to go. Things always look worse when you are out of form. Even if this year is a write off the list is young enough to bounce back next year.

Realistically we were never going to win the flag this year, and in that sense I'm happy to write off 2019. No one remembers the years you don't win premierships. But simultaneously I don't have enough faith in Goody as a coach to realistically conjure up a bounce back in 2020, either. Unlike Dimma he doesn't have three good years (2013-15) behind him, just a few good games at the end of 2018 and then a flogging followed by one win from five senior games and two JLT matches this year.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sacking him is not an option presently but I cannot defend a lot of the black marks against him anymore.

3 years in and we suck at our home ground. The zone defence is shakier than ever. If we don’t dominate clearances and contested ball we get absolutely thrashed.

Team selection and list management are not strictly his domain but a lot of these decisions have also been questionable since he took over. I’d like to see him be humble ala Bucks and Hardwick, strengthen relationships with the players and change up the game plan.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Realistically we were never going to win the flag this year, and in that sense I'm happy to write off 2019. No one remembers the years you don't win premierships. But simultaneously I don't have enough faith in Goody as a coach to realistically conjure up a bounce back in 2020, either. Unlike Dimma he doesn't have three good years (2013-15) behind him, just a few good games at the end of 2018 and then a flogging followed by one win from five senior games and two JLT matches this year.

Que? Realistically, coming int o the season this is as good a chance as we'd had in 20 years to win a flag. 5 rounds gone Geelong look good and we've got a few surprise packets floating up near the pointy end who'll likely keel over and sink, but no dominant team that look like they'll steamroll the competition. We might not have been favourites but its revisionism to suddenly say "Oh, we were never going to win a flag this year". Crikey!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve been a big Goodwin supporter. Just as people go quieter the doomsdayers grow louder. We are playing putrid football at the moment. It’s bloody frustrating, but we’ve had people question why we delisted bugg, already writing off May, Spargo is a dud, McCartney needs to go. Things always look worse when you are out of form. Even if this year is a write off the list is young enough to bounce back next year.

My post wasn't aimed at you mate, I've disagreed with you before but I think you're an intelligent poster who normally backs up their opinion with logic.

Que? Realistically, coming int o the season this is as good a chance as we'd had in 20 years to win a flag. 5 rounds gone Geelong look good and we've got a few surprise packets floating up near the pointy end who'll likely keel over and sink, but no dominant team that look like they'll steamroll the competition. We might not have been favourites but its revisionism to suddenly say "Oh, we were never going to win a flag this year". Crikey!
Just give this to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back