"Sack Goodwin!"

Average players with pace always get a leg up by everyone. Hunt has this incredible pace yet we have developed him into a kick mark forward. The mind boggles
He is good on a lead though, and his overhead marking has improved out of sight. I think it’s good to play him up forward just bc he’d stagnated everywhere else on the ground. A year of development up forward is better than a year of him probably playing in the VFL if we’d tried him as a defender again in our s**t side. Not sure that he’ll train as a forward over preseason though.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He is good on a lead though, and his overhead marking has improved out of sight. I think it’s good to play him up forward just bc he’d stagnated everywhere else on the ground. A year of development up forward is better than a year of him probably playing in the VFL if we’d tried him as a defender again in our s**t side. Not sure that he’ll train as a forward over preseason though.
People have really misinterpreted my criticism of him. He was probably our best forward target until Fritsch went forward but I just don't see it long term.

People have really misinterpreted my criticism of him. He was probably our best forward target until Fritsch went forward but I just don't see it long term.
I didn’t have him near my best 22 at the start of the year. I agree that one of our medium sized marking targets is being wasted inside 50 but I don’t know if it’s Hunt given he’s the least versatile. Hopefully he improves at ground level with some actual forward coaching.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I didn’t have him near my best 22 at the start of the year. I agree that one of our medium sized marking targets is being wasted inside 50 but I don’t know if it’s Hunt given he’s the least versatile. Hopefully he improves at ground level with some actual forward coaching.
But do you think he's better than Melk Fritsch or Trac forward?

Hannan I get people can argue but Hannan last year > Hunt this year

What we have learnt though is if he can play on the wing he can now drift forward and be bloody dangerous but I don't think it should be his whole game parked down there

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
But do you think he's better than Melk Fritsch or Trac forward?

Hannan I get people can argue but Hannan last year > Hunt this year

What we have learnt though is if he can play on the wing he can now drift forward and be bloody dangerous but I don't think it should be his whole game parked down there
Arguably he's more consistent than Trac up forward, but I won't dispute that he's the least talented marking talent. Still though you need to manage your assets, and if the net result of Hunt forward and those three moving around (Melk/Fritsch/Trac are glorious kicks I50 at times and Hunt isn't) is high enough I think it's worth playing Hunt forward. Would love to see Hannan get back to form, was so convinced he'd star this year.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Nice to see Frost in no mans land again

If you watch the footage i think he gets the wind knocked out of him in the marking contest. When higgins gets the ball Frost moves to tackle but as higgins baulks him and he can no longer tackle him he drops to the ground.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I'm waiting for a journalist to ask Goody "why?" when he says " I have full faith in this group moving forward...yadada" and Goody goes all Dennis DeDenoto on him " It's the vibe, it's Mabo, it's...the vibe"

Very apt comparison. I like to think his reviewing of games contains the same level of understanding as Mr Denuto's photocopier operating ability.

Or Melbourne's record following a successful year!

You're boring man, do you think you're the first person to come up with this material? Like we haven't heard it before?

you must have something better to do with your life than this surely?

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is it as predictable as Melbourne making the finals and then finishing bottom four the next year?
You still upset a s**t club sent your Handbaggers out last year. Your Handbagger mates didn't even show up for the final last year.

Did you loose your way to the ground?
Did your misses drop her meth pipe?
Did you catch the sight of yourself in the mirror and get cold feet?

It's all ok though, you can enjoy another straight setter again scat.

Does this board even have moderators lol
Report the post, if you're having no luck tag supers or admin, mods aren't on 24/7

I think our board mods should be able to come with some sort of continuous 24 hour roster by the weekend to stamp out this sort of behaviour....surely that's not asking too much? Proper Gander you take the first 72 hrs while the roster is being put together please.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I think our board mods should be able to come with some sort of continuous 24 hour roster by the weekend to stamp out this sort of behaviour....surely that's not asking too much? Proper Gander you take the first 72 hrs while the roster is being put together please.
Sounds good but I’ve stopped being a mod. Also I’ve missed all the fun now since posts have been deleted. What are we stamping out?

Sounds good but I’ve stopped being a mod. Also I’ve missed all the fun now since posts have been deleted. What are we stamping out?

A good 48 hours of open trolling (as opposed to subtle) by a Geelong supporter. I should have known, you'd have been all over this sort of stuff. My sincerest apologies PG.

Pick up your game the rest of you, if you're too scared to use the ban hammer hand your badge in.

Back