"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why does an opposition supporter get banned for 48 hours of trolling yet Topkent and Gysberts2Bate have been posting here for years? Hell of a double standard.

Spargo looks like an 11 year old in that top photo. Primed for a big year in 2020.
He’d have to be the worst of the recent Ben Shapiro crew - Jack Higgins, Caleb Daniel, Brent Daniels, a few others drafted before him in 2017.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't have much faith in Goodwin. Not really sure what his attributes are, and like everyone else, can't stand his pressers. The only thing he is touted to be good at is "relationships" and I guess the lack of rumors of players leaving or discontent amongst the group after the horrible year can be used as evidence of that.

I'm being optimistic hoping he was being heavily influenced tactically by Jennings and McCartney and that their replacements will help fix the game plan. Also hoping Burgess can elevate the 2 way running of our mids.

Stability can be very important, and something we have lacked in the last decade. This is all i see Goodwin providing at this stage. If how we are playing depends on having our best 22 fit or if the team is playing way differently than he wants, it shows he is a bad coach. If his gameplan is derived heavily from assistant coaches it shows he has no tactical nous, but we might be able to change in the future. This is what i'm hoping for.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jared Rivers talking to North - love to bring him back to our coaching panel.

Don't want to go us far as Adelaide in regards to an old boys club, but if it is true that Viney is leaving (heard them talking about it on SEN yesterday morning) then Rivers and Yze might be good at filling the void of past players linked to the club.

Also wonder if Crossy's role might get upgraded - seems to be highly respected, obviously his greatest asset is regarding strength and preparation but he also was a bloody good footballer so may well have the smarts to do a broader coaching role.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently the Melbourne players made a pact in the last 4 weeks of the season to fight it out. fu** load of good that did
355D4BB1-7FDB-4F57-8E45-43672A1B64D3.gif

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was frustrating as all the crazy goody content dried up this year as our form slumped. Its like he went further and further into his shell as the pressure mounted. The only way we turn it around in 2020 is if Goody goes full crazy mode - like using made up words again in press conferences and wearing weird hats inside and s**t.

Please Goody, we beg you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

Well I just sort of feel he was doing a good job at port MELBOURNE (although I haven’t check in since I lived there 5 years ago) and would be way better than goodwin

I don’t think we can develop coaching talent, and I don’t think we can attract top talent but I reckon he is a bloody good coach and would do a lot more than Goodwin can

I have no facts whatsoever to back up my point of view

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Something that could be introduced to the MCG when we play?

Something that could be introduced to the MCG when we play?

I went to a batting cage in Tokyo last week after we lost to Wales in the rugby. Was an amazing anger reliever.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just checking on this thread, can;t believe we still haven't sacked him yet

We're waiting until draft night to do it. Will add to the live trading excitement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back