"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodwin has shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he will ever make an adequate coach. He just seems like he has a really low IQ. The problem with stupid people is they often lack the intelligence to know how stupid they are. Goodwin just sits there with a goofy grin wondering what the hell is going on.

I have no idea how he got the job. He has a history of poor choices and illegal behavior. Excessive drinking in public, assault, gambling on games, being a major part of a systematic doping regime - including taking them himself. Such a pattern should have made him unemployable, but Melbourne made him coach, then extended him. It's seriously so unbelievable, there is only one possible club that could have done it.

It seems like the only thing those that defend Goodwin can come up with is "He's better than Neeld", and it's true, but as bad as Neeld was, at least he had a bit a passion and tried a few things. The argument is really between a toxic personality and no personality or clue.

Goodwin needs to go, but Melbourne can't afford to sack him - the answer is to manage him out.

The CEO needs to come out and say they are mixing things up, Goodwin is still the senior coach, but his strength is not game day coaching, he will not be involved on match day, he is not in the box or at the ground.

It gives a clear indication that he is not wanted, but the club has not sacked him or made him redundant. Goodwin would have no choice but to then resign on a small negotiated payout. It would be a bad look for the club, but not as bad as keeping possibly the second-worst AFL coach of all time (although the gap is closing).

This is the most MFC way to get rid of a coach and I love it.

This graphic from Couch says it all

View attachment 907432

Everyone has up and down years, but this is statisticaly impossible

Sorry to crash....

On this graphic why is a Fritsch playing forward? He was an elite intercept player in 2018 but his impact up forward is much less - maybe because of delivery.

Sorry to crash....

On this graphic why is a Fritsch playing forward? He was an elite intercept player in 2018 but his impact up forward is much less - maybe because of delivery.
That's wrong, he was crap down back and actually really really good forward last year.

The graphic is comparing since 2018 and he played in defence though.

I can assure you though if you ask any Melbourne fan his better footy was played as a forward. He was going so average we dropped him for the prelim

I don't know about you guys but maybe we just need more stability, and should sign goody up for another 5 years?

I'm certain we are only losing is because we don't have enough key defenders on the team sheet, and we haven't evolved Langdon into an inside mid yet. Watch out when we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know often people overreact after losses and call for sackings and s**t but ive completely lost confidence in this group turning it around under this coach.

Since Goody took over a young group with 10 wins in 2016 he has gone 31-39 in home and away games.

How the * is that tolerated

I know often people overreact after losses and call for sackings and sh*t but ive completely lost confidence in this group turning it around under this coach.

Since Goody took over a young group with 10 wins in 2016 he has gone 31-39 in home and away games.

How the fu** is that tolerated

Think the worst bit is the incremental improvement before Goody took over has disappeared too. It isn't just 14 H&A wins in 2018, we won 4-7-10-12 2014-2017. We're now back to 2014 levels two years after 2018...

Think the worst bit is the incremental improvement before Goody took over has disappeared too. It isn't just 14 H&A wins in 2018, we won 4-7-10-12 2014-2017. We're now back to 2014 levels two years after 2018...
It's not even like we are an inconsistent side losing quarters here and there. We are actually crap and actually a bottom 4 side. When we trade our first round pick there's no way we can be happy with finishing bottom 4.

So we are 6 - 21 since 2018. That's really looking neeld esq and neeld was basically dealing with a sub afl standard list.

I said this last year and got s**t for it - but it's true. Neeld would have won more games with this list. CRAZY times.

I said this last year and got sh*t for it - but it's true. Neeld would have won more games with this list. CRAZY times.
I think last year there was a lot of denialism about how bad it was. (I remember being in denial about neeld early 2012) This year there's no excuse we have a healthy list and still getting the same results. Usually I hate watching/listening to footy programs after a loss this week I'm wanting to see blood. It's time the club feels the pressure.

I think last year there was a lot of denialism about how bad it was. (I remember being in denial about neeld early 2012) This year there's no excuse we have a healthy list and still getting the same results. Usually I hate watching/listening to footy programs after a loss this week I'm wanting to see blood. It's time the club feels the pressure.
It's good that the commentators are roasting us, we need it. The worst thing that can happen now is a win. I hope we lose the next 2 for some extra pressure. This club needs to be stung into action - like a Petracca saying he is leaving end of year, or a senior player saying the coach has lost the confidence of the group.

It's good that the commentators are roasting us, we need it. The worst thing that can happen now is a win. I hope we lose the next 2 for some extra pressure. This club needs to be stung into action - like a Petracca saying he is leaving end of year, or a senior player saying the coach has lost the confidence of the group.

No, we need to try to win every game and keep Trac at all costs. I understand the need for heat on the coach but we have to hope they fight their way out of this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back