Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying the majority of the supporter base will accept it. The majority that post here clearly don't.

The club has shown that it doesn't care what the members think. They tried to sell us half-captains and despite that being an epic fail have launched a campaign to polish the turd so to, in the club's eyes, lessen the backlash when we again have half-captains in 2020.

I believe I have made my position on Hinkley's tenure quite clear but that doesn't prevent me from seeing what the club is attempting to do. If the club thought rationally about Hinkley as a head coach he would already have been sacked.

Sack Hinkley.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that you believe it, I know you were just getting at what the club is trying to say.

My point though is that even if you do buy in to the club's 'yOuNg TeAm' spin (which I don't), accepting that premise still doesn't lead to the conclusion that Hinkley's contract should be renewed. Even if you accept that there is an excuse for his failure now, there's no excusing his failure over 2015-2018 when we had mature squads that should have been not only regularly playing finals but also challenging for flags.

It'd be like cheating on your wife four times, then getting drunk and cheating on her again. 'But I was drunk!' is a pissweak excuse in the first place, but even if it wasn't, it still doesn't erase the first four times that you did it when you weren't drunk.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that you believe it, I know you were just getting at what the club is trying to say.

My point though is that even if you do buy in to the club's 'yOuNg TeAm' spin (which I don't), accepting that premise still doesn't lead to the conclusion that Hinkley's contract should be renewed. Even if you accept that there is an excuse for his failure now, there's no excusing his failure over 2015-2018 when we had mature squads that should have been not only regularly playing finals but also challenging for flags. ....
There is no excuse for Hinkley's failures but that wont stop the club from spinning excuses. The club has excused Hinkley's failures from 2015-2019 for reasons. They may be finally getting the message that a large section of the supporter base aren't buying this so for 2020 they are being preemptive with their excuses.

The club has been working on lowering supporter expectations for some time now.

As I said in the other thread where I posted about this article on Saturday, Rucci is just reinforcing the club's claims of playing youf and that we shouldn't expect to play finals in 2020. Softening the members and supporters up for a Hinkley contract extension.
I think it's pretty clear to the club that Hinkley is unpopular with a large proportion of the supporter base. Rumours coming out of the club that there are a fair number of people on the inside that aren't fans either. I'd be pretty surprised if ken gets another extension unless we go deep into September even then they'd hopefully learnt enough from the last extension to not blow their wad until well into the last year of his contact. Regardless of what you think of Koch and KT they aren't going to be burnt by Ken threatening to go to GC again

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Regardless of what you think of Koch and KT they aren't going to be burnt by Ken threatening to go to GC again
Ken had no pathway to being GC head coach except by Port’s explicit consent. If we told Ken he’s seeing out his contract, GC stil hire Dew and Ken is jobless or in a weak negotiating position a year later.

It was an abysmal failure on Koch and KT’s part to * that up in the first place, so why wouldnt they repeat it. No accountability.

Ken had no pathway to being GC head coach except by Port’s explicit consent. If we told Ken he’s seeing out his contract, GC stil hire Dew and Ken is jobless or in a weak negotiating position a year later.

It was an abysmal failure on Koch and KT’s part to fu** that up in the first place, so why wouldnt they repeat it. No accountability.

Remember that Ken had just come off a finals appearance at that point in time. Finals appearances are to Port Adelaide what premierships are to some other clubs. He won't be re-signed when we finish 14th.

Remember that Ken had just come off a finals appearance at that point in time.
And still had a year on his contract. We only had to wait until GC hired Dew to name far better terms for us.

We couldve won the premiership and offering the generous extension at the time we did would’ve been the absolute weakest time to do it.

Unaccountability is still there. Ladder position is immaterial when this admin can so readily discard a winning hand

And still had a year on his contract. We only had to wait until GC hired Dew to name far better terms for us.

We couldve won the premiership and offering the generous extension at the time we did would’ve been the absolute weakest time to do it.

Unaccountability is still there. Ladder position is immaterial when this admin can so readily discard a winning hand

We make our community proud by honouring contracts while not expecting the other party reciprocate.

You're underestimating how big an achievement making the finals is considered by the club. At that stage they probably thought he was a master coach.

You're underestimating how big uan achievement making the finals is considered by the club. At that stage they probably thought he was a master coach.
You’re underestimating how much the incompetents at the club search for any justification to ‘stick fat’ with the status quo

.... Regardless of what you think of Koch and KT they aren't going to be burnt by Ken threatening to go to GC again
I doubt Hinkley's manager would think that they could be that dumb that he would get away with that stunt again.

Hinkley is not going to threaten to leave again. Koch will offer Hinkley another contract extension so he can see the rebuild he started come to fruition.

1) Problem > Losing talent - Losing members - Attendances down.

2) Why? > Changing game plans continually - Playing players out of position - playing players that Ken does not see as our future going forward - not playing players that are our future.

3) Are we rebuilding or not > Nothing official from the club either way.

4) Lack of finals football > baffling selections and poor coaching, which in turn results on our teams poor skills and all the above.

Time to act port, sack this individual, his position is the only thing that hasn't changed along with our mediocre results.

I doubt Hinkley's manager would think that they could be that dumb that he would get away with that stunt again.

Hinkley is not going to threaten to leave again. Koch will offer Hinkley another contract extension so he can see the rebuild he started come to fruition.
While it's tongue in cheek,

Football would officially be dead to me if Ken gets another contract.

We should have told him he is free to go speak to GC so long as he cancels his contract with us first.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have told him he is free to go speak to GC so long as he cancels his contract with us first.
Yes, but still would have put us in a weaker position than we had (given Kens agent wouldve just talked with gc anyway)

The degree to which K&K ****ed up from a position of strength is absolute

Remember that Ken had just come off a finals appearance at that point in time. Finals appearances are to Port Adelaide what premierships are to some other clubs. He won't be re-signed when we finish 14th.

47D9880D-75C7-4A1B-9B12-D8356FD7BACD.jpeg

Winning a few games in geographically disparate locations is where it’s at nowadays.

While it's tongue in cheek,

Football would officially be dead to me if Ken gets another contract.

If he wins the flag next year I'd be ok with it. But that's the absolute rock bottom minimum. And given what he has had to work with, 1 flag in 8 years shouldn't be considered much higher than slightly better than expected.

View attachment 777594

Winning a few games in geographically disparate locations is where it’s at nowadays.

s**t battler teams play in bizarre locations. Teams that win flags like Richmond and west coast play at their home ground and other major stadiums.

Jesus Christ imagine bragging about winning a game in ******* ballarat

‘We fulfilled our contractual obligations as per the agreed-upon season’s fixture. How many other clubs can say that?’

- ‘All of them?’

‘...’

We got flogged in Launceston - an important indicator of where our program is at

I drove 6 hours each way to watch us get comprehensively pantsed by 90 pts in Canberra before ExKension 2017. Seems some indicators just get ignored as if they were a check engine light.

s**t battler teams play in bizarre locations. Teams that win flags like Richmond and west coast play at their home ground and other major stadiums.

I'd imagine a little club from Alberton might get overawed having to play in one of those big stadiums though, Ballarat is a much more appropriate location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back