Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I can only see it happening if every side falls over with food poisoning and the like leading into clash.

On current form, we would literally need more sides to fall over than Bradbury in the winter Olympics and that's including his semi final

Although there's a little part of me that remembers the days of old and wants to believe if we can just make it to spring and with a bit of drier weather we could just...

Although more realistically I'm expecting Kenny to get excited soon and try to go back to a shorter forward line in some desperate failed attempt to prove he was right all along.
We can beat any side in the league anywhere in any conditions.

But doing it another 6 times in a row? We'd probably need a LOT of food poisoning.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We can beat any side in the league anywhere in any conditions.

But doing it another 6 times in a row? We'd probably need a LOT of food poisoning.

We don't need anything from the oppositions end.

All we need to do is turn up, oh and Hinkley not lose the game at selection or wait until its game over to make a match winning change..... Whens the last time that all happened 6 times in a row ?

I meant as a coach. Playing and coaching are vastly different. Voss is a champion player but unproven as a coach.

I read it as a comparison with Teague, his playing and coaching experience combined smashes Teague.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How's the pro Hinkley crew coming out of the woodwork.

We've had 2 wins, against 2 of the sides travelling the worst in the comp at the moment, and all is somehow forgotten???

Win the next 2 and yes, suddenly the year is back on track, we make finals, and we get a PASS mark. A frickin pass, that's not something to be celebrated after years of failure.

However Hinkleys issue has never been that he isnt a capable coach who cant get us to pass marks. In reality we've pretty much won 12 games nearly every year, so he's always generating these sorts of years, close or just below pass marks.
The problem is that he never extracts MORE out of the group. He never inspires the group to perform better than mediocre. He has failed so many of our players and their development. Years of failure in big games, typically mediocre results in every year, and every time we finally look like breaking out he's failed to get us the results we need to take that next step. Some coaches have that magic. Hinkley just doesn't.

#sackhinkley

The stars have ******* aligned where 7th and 8th are doing their best to fall over at the last hurdle and open a spot up and two teams above them are decimated with injuries as well as the teams we are running into.

It's almost comical to hear us being touted as a September threat, from what? Coz Nick Riewoldt was smoking some crack and reckons we could give a shake to anyone in the top 8 based on nothing more than a hunch? lol. The footy media falls for their own trap of not being able to look past the current results and view them with any context whilst ignoring what is a season's body of work. It's not an open year we are miles off of the top 8 teams (when all fit), * Richmond just bitch slapped us a few weeks ago and are getting stronger lol

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Hinkley wins us a flag, we've won 8 games in a row including 4 against top 8 teams in the cauldron of September.

If Hinkley manages that, he's maintained the forward structure and managed to keep us switched on and dealing with pressure for 2 months.

Of course he can stay if he actually changes his coaching philosophy and makes us successful.

Everyone's had amnesia about Richmond smashing us a the G like 3 or 4 weeks ago lol. Next time we play them they'll more than likely be even stronger with more players in but hey PORT COULD GO ALL THE WAY.

If we win the flag, I hope John Butcher is on stage to present the cup to Hinkley and our thousand captains.

Lol you just know getting barrelled out of the first week of finals will be mission accomplished, co-captains justified, ken justified, koch with a raging boner after looking at himself in the mirror

Lol you just know getting barrelled out of the first week of finals will be mission accomplished, co-captains justified, ken justified, koch with a raging boner after looking at himself in the mirror
If that happens then Danny Butcher should present the finals participation ribbon

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Everyone's had amnesia about Richmond smashing us a the G like 3 or 4 weeks ago lol. Next time we play them they'll more than likely be even stronger with more players in but hey PORT COULD GO ALL THE WAY.

Individual teams aren't the problem. There is certainly no superteam who try as we might we could never beat. It's beating 4 good teams in a row that is effectively 2 Everests stacked on top of each other for a Ken Hinkley coached side.

Making finals and losing the first week to me is a fail. We need our first finals win in 5 years.

We also really need a top 4 finish one day because we've only done it once since 2005.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
If we end up playing GWS in that first week of the finals. We've got a great chance of at least winning one, would need a miracle to go any further than that though.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I think Norths injury list is too big
Remember when Richmond's injury list was so big, and made up of their best players, that they sent their reserves to play us at Adelaide Oval in round 4?

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Norths injury list is too big
If things go as I expect, Crows win, Port lose, we are back out of the 8. If Essendon happen to win 1 of their 2 they will stay in the eight, so that means the Cows have to lose their last game and we have to win and even then % will play a part.
So nothing is set in stone even making the finals.

Last edited:

Adds76

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to see people are softening there stance on ken, being in the 8 and having a couple good wins. Two 4 quarter performances in a row. The list is healthy, plenty players are pushing for selection.

I think we can book our trips to mcg for first final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back