Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to see people are softening there stance on ken, being in the 8 and having a couple good wins. Two 4 quarter performances in a row. The list is healthy, plenty players are pushing for selection.

I think we can book our trips to mcg for first final.
I will never soften my stance in regards to Hinkley. You have to understand, it's not personal, it's purely results based. We should be playing for a top 4 spot, not hoping that Essendon lose and the Crows lose. Even if we make finals and go out after 1 or 2 games, we should not be satisfied with that, it's been 7 years wasted with poor selections.
Ken has cost at least 3 games this year at the selection table. If you are happy with mediocrity that's fine, we will be like Melbourne and go 60 years without a flag.
Two good wins against depleted opposition doesn't make a season.
Essendon and North could only manage 5 goals between them last week and Sydney is 15th with injuries.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to see people are softening there stance on ken, being in the 8 and having a couple good wins. Two 4 quarter performances in a row. The list is healthy, plenty players are pushing for selection.

I'm not softening my stance at all.

I said I would change my mind if we won the flag this year which I would (we won't)

If we make a prelim I would be OK with him not being sacked (we won't).

Otherwise he can go (he won't)

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
A couple of wins against mediocre teams hit by injuries really reinvigorates the happy clappers. They just don't get that those of us calling for Hinkley to be gone don't base that opinion on the results from one or two games or the selection or non-selection of an individual player.

It appears that drinking Kool-Aid makes you myopic and gives you tunnel vision.

John Butcher should be receiving the cup not presenting it.

Hinkley should give him his premiership medal Luke Beveridge/Robert Murphy style.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

If we had a good coach we'd be in the top 4, with half the list already premiership players.

Adds76

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At the end of day if hinkley gets us into another finals series we should be all happy, its a tough competition and theres 18 teams in the league, salary cap, draft, soft cap. The league isnt designed where one team dominates. Good teams arent at the top long, and bad teams arent suppose to be on the bottom long. Port have been a good side for a while. Its not the sanfl, forget about that mentality. The worlds changed

ZeroGlass

Team Captain
May 30, 2004
Tokyo
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At the end of day if hinkley gets us into another finals series we should be all happy, its a tough competition and theres 18 teams in the league, salary cap, draft, soft cap. The league isnt designed where one team dominates. Good teams arent at the top long, and bad teams arent suppose to be on the bottom long. Port have been a good side for a while. Its not the sanfl, forget about that mentality. The worlds changed

XBKPX30.gif

Port have been a good side for a while.
Zero top 4 finishes in 11 years.
Zero finals wins in 4 years. (3 in 11 years with 2 being in the same year)
Zero finals wins in our current home jumper that we've had for 10 years.
Zero flags in 14 years. (longest drought in club history)

Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A changed world in which clubs like Hawthorn win 4 premierships in 8 years.

We are in the AFL because we aspired to be the best club in the premier competition.

If we no longer aspire to that as a club and as supporters, then we should all go do something else.

I know I want my club doing everything they can to be that successful.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can you try a little harder to make it not so obvious that your a troll...

Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli

You’ve just proven that you have no idea about the club you purport to support or what they stand for, basically rendering anything you say from here on in irrelevant.

Delete your account.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Thanks Ken.

What a pathetic, defeatest way to view our club.

"We exist to be good for a while, making finals every few years, and making our community proud"

No one expects premierships every year, we'd just like to win 1, to make the top 4 once with a great list, or to actually perform to our potential just once!

#sackhinkley

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

WTF is this?

What do you classify Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast and Sydney as then? Gods?

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
How many times has he said over the years we are learning all the time, trying to get better etc etc. I am so glad i don't listen to his broken down record pressers anymore.
I love that he's pissed away many years through the prime of a golden list, and now that he's thrown away some seniors and brought in some good kids, suddenly mediocrity is seen as a pass mark. He basically reconfigured our list to buy himself more time and the media and happy clappers are buying it.

There's no evidence to suggest that from next year onwards, we will actually improve as a team/club/list, just because we did ok with kids this year. Ken has shown no ability to extract the best out of players and has never got a team to the top 4 in the regular season. If we stick with Ken on the back of another mediocre season, we may well piss away our next core group of players that desperately need development and a coach that inspires them to greatness.

#sackhinkley

Last edited:

Adds76

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thank god most of the supporters dont think like people on this site and are more balanced. I swear theres a more extreme older element in here, that just cant move away from what port did in the sanfl. We arent in the sanfl, we cant bully the rest of the league like we did. I would love us to do it in the afl, its alot harder because its a bigger competition, with alot more teams, and we cant recuit from our zone anymore, who where and are top footballers.

As supporters we have to stop bagging the coach. Fair enough if we are bottom 4, but not, when we are around about, and have a bright future

Last edited:

ZeroGlass

Team Captain
May 30, 2004
Tokyo
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thank god most of the supporters dont think like people on this site and are more balanced. I swear theres a more extreme older element in here, that just cant move away from what port did in the sanfl. We arent in the sanfl, we cant bully the rest of the league like we did. I would love us to do it in the afl, its alot harder because its a bigger competition, with alot more teams, and we cant recuit from our zone anymore, who where and are top footballers.

As supporters we have to stop bagging the coach. Fair enough if we are bottom 4, but not when we are around about, and have a bright future

avOjZGb.gif

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham

As supporters we have to stop bagging the coach. Fair enough if we are bottom 4, but not when we are around about, and have a bright future
At this stage I don't think you're a troll but simply Keith Thomas having a laugh

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

None of those SANFL points hold water. I think most people here believe we've had the players over the past 5 years to have finals success, but we've had none due to the inability of the coach to develop a mentally strong, well-drilled unit with a sensible game plan. If the top people inside the club have the same meek acceptance of mediocrity and non-achievement as you, we've got no hope.

Adds76

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
None of those SANFL points hold water. I think most people here believe we've had the players over the past 5 years to have finals success, but we've had none due to the inability of the coach to develop a mentally strong, well-drilled unit with a sensible game plan. If the top people inside the club have the same meek acceptance of mediocrity and non-achievement as you, we've got no hope.
Koshie and keith seem to think ken is doing a good job, the bar is set high, they want port to play finals, which we are track to do. Ports blooded some excellent kids, boak is bog nearly everyweek, the older players are starting to find form, the list is finally healthy, and we are finding form at the right time of the season, instead of peaking early in the season. We have a good shot of getting into semi or even prelim, with our form. I see us belting north and freo. We are going that well, that both sides. Sanfl and afl sides are belting teams. How lycett isnt in the side is amazing, what does the guy do, go and have a blinder in sanfl. The players know they are on a role and want to be part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back