Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken and Ben.

I find this argument that we should keep Hinkley but just surround him with more competent assistants quite bizarre. Assistant coaches should compliment the head coach not cover for their inadequacies.

The problem with this approach at Ports, other than the fact that it only treats the symptoms and not the root cause, is that Hinkley has the final say and is stubborn and clueless.

As I've suggested previously, the better solution would be to get rid of Hinkley altogether and replace him with one of these "assistants".

And didn’t we already do that?

He started with Gotch, Rehn, Carr and Richardson (who was flying solo away from his family).

Fast forward 7 years and he has Voss (still viewed as a senior coach prospect), Bassett (same), Schofield (same) & Montgomery (2014 AFLCA Assistant Coach of the Year).

Unless we’re planning on surrounding him with Clarko, Dimma, Sir Alex Ferguson and Phil Jackson, I’m not sure how he can be better supported.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

He started with Gotch, Rehn, Carr and Richardson (who was flying solo away from his family).

Fast forward 7 years and he has Voss (still viewed as a senior coach prospect), Bassett (same), Schofield (same) & Montgomery (2014 AFLCA Assistant Coach of the Year).

Unless we’re planning on surrounding him with Clarko, Dimma, Sir Alex Ferguson and Phil Jackson, I’m not sure how he can be better supported.
I didn't see any of the clubs looking for a new coach, come after any of Bassett and Voss either, so they can * off with Hinkley too.

Hire Choco as player development and to look over Monty & Schofield. Saved about 1.2 million right there and we have the right people in place.

While they are at it the can get rid of Trent Hentschel.

Miss December

Debutant
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't see any of the clubs looking for a new coach, come after any of Bassett and Voss either, so they can fu** off with Hinkley too.

Hire Choco as player development and to look over Monty & Schofield. Saved about 1.2 million right there and we have the right people in place.

While they are at it the can get rid of Trent Hentschel.
Totally agree with Choco back as player development... trouble is he might point out a few home truths that might not be too popular.

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Totally agree with Choco back as player development... trouble is he might point out a few home truths that might not be too popular.

We’ve totally lost our Port Adelaide way & Choco can bring it all back, only thing is he’ll be stepping on a lot of toes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Miss December

Debutant
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We’ve totally lost our Port Adelaide way & Choco can bring it all back, only thing is he’ll be stepping on a lot of toes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I saw in the paper that Sheedy was lamenting that no-one was picking Choco up, and what a waste of one of the best coaches in the AFL that was. He also pointed out that port has basically done nothing since he was moved on. On "Sacked" Choco was practically begging for a job, what good value he'd be.

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So a week or 2 before the club confirmed he'd be here next year, there were a few "in the know" types on here doing smiley faces and indicating good news would be coming.....this is not to be critical of those posters, but how shd we interpret what happened?

I assume that the info released was that the club had decided it would go to the AFL to put its case forward that we wished to sack him, and that there was a belief that the AFL would give it the greenlight when taking into account loss revenue if he continued.

..but then the AFL blocked it or perhaps said it was contingent upon KT finding a sponsor in China.
Easy to hedge your bets and assume Ken's no chance after an 86 point belting. Pretty clumsy, I reckon.

I've got to say, I had my hopes up off the back of some of that stuff as well.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I want to see some real passion and head to head stuff, put Choco in there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back