Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Today marks the 5th Anniversary of my first meeting with Ken Hinkley (it came up on Facebook).
Back then he seemed to have all the answers, but looking back it was based on bluff and being better than the dark years. The crux of our conversation was about how we seem to out run teams (it was the Burgess era), I asked how we managed to get our fitness to the next level. He told me we hadn't really, but everyone believed we had and that was what worked.
The problem with bluffing is that it only takes one person to call it.

All along the call was coming from inside the house

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Rucci said he spoke to Ken last night about the Melbourne Cup & his tipping form for the last 5 years has been very good.. such a bromance.

There was a program on 7 Mate the other day called The Thrill of the Chase, about greyhound racing. Ken should put his name in the hat to host this.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why-are-you-still-here-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still time KT, summon Ken and Koch to your office and make the call.

Take a seat Ken, would you like a cold Coke.
Well we will keep it short. David and I have the full support of the board and we have decided that you will not be coaching (giggle) at the PAFC in 2020. We can't have a bad look by sacking a coach mid season in our 150th year and we need to get on with the job, of regaining lost members and sponsors.
Thanks for the service you have given the club. Oh can you leave immediately please, as we need to get the new coach settled.

Last edited:

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Met with a former Port Adelaide player during the week who played under Hinkley early on when he just arrived here, in Melbourne (now lives here and owns a business).. he stated Ken was the worst coach he's ever had , arrogant and not surprised he's got nothing out of this list despite the talent we had. 100% the truth , basically telling me nothing we don't already know. The majority at the club he knows don't want him there and they're all towing the company line.

Last edited:
Met with a former Port Adelaide player during the week who played under Hinkley early on when he just arrived here, in Melbourne (now lives here and owns a business).. he stated Ken was the worst coach he's ever had , arrogant and not surprised he's got nothing out of this list despite the talent we had. 100% the truth , basically telling me nothing we don't already know. The majority at the club he knows don't want him there and they're all towing the company line.

So let me get this straight: a player who we delisted/traded early on to a Melbourne based club after Ken Hinkley arrived (which means he was part of the s**t culture that festered under the later years of Williams and under Primus) says that the people he still talks to at the club (i.e. people who were there before Ken) don't want Ken there?

So basically, you're telling me that the people who want Hinkley sacked are the ones who thought they were doing a good job under Choco/Primus when we sank to bottom four finishes and could barely win games?

This is an endorsement for Hinkley.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Name names

You’d spin a 100pt loss to the Suns in Round 1 as a thrilling vote of confidence.

So you're saying a player who we delisted/traded in 2013/14 should be seen as having an unbiased opinion of what it takes to be successful in the AFL?

It's going to be some scrub like Matt Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back