Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Freo smash West Coast we could be out of the top 4 at the end of round 7 with no possible way of getting back in :rolleyes:
Shrek's Like that's ever gonna happen. From 1080p movie with color  correction and upscaling. : MemeRestoration

How can we be 'out of top four contention' when we're third Kane you reactionary dickhead
because it has nothing to do with ladder position, its the soft underbelly that has plagued Ken Hinkley teams since 2015, its still there and wont go away, Stupid is as stupid does, the reality of Ken is so far from the fantasy of Ken that i think the whole club has Stockholm Syndrome except for a select few. Everyone else in the AFL can see it except us and that is why they dont take us serisously

One of the most soul destroying parts of the past (almost) decade under Ken is the number of crap teams that have gone past us.

* We looked a million dollars in the 2014 elimination final against Richmond. The Tigers have since won 3 flags, and seem to be starting to flex their muscle, in pursuit of a 4th - and who would bet against them?
*The perennially mediocre Bulldogs - admittedly with unparalleled assistance from umpires, broke a 62 year premiership drought, and are looking strong again this year.
* The ultimate irony is unfolding, with Melbourne now top and unbeaten after 7 games. If Simon Goodwin becomes a premiership coach while we continue to stumble from one disaster to another, I don't know how much more of this crap I can take.

This isn't just Hinkley btw I hate the lack of creativity in current gameday coaching when a team is flat from the get-go, make a big positional change if ya monster forward is having mare put him on the pine for ten minutes, try a different look fck me is it that radical to shelve the system for half an hour.

Beyond that, should’ve left the box and visited the sideline after Brisbane kicked their third, when it was painfully obvious the game was gonna play out exactly as it did.

This team is nowhere near good enough or smart enough to coach itself, call audibles and make instant adjustments like peak-Hawthorn used to.

If you want hinkley to keep his job , you are either deluded or just don't think premierships are important even a little bit
There are plenty of supporters in our colours, myself included, who are striving us to win a premiership and also supportive of the senior coach. That alone is not a determining factor of my or their validity. It's okay to have different opinions on the coach while aiming for the same long - term goal. You have yours and I have mine, and neither of us are right or wrong for it. Factually the statistics show plenty of logical reason to doubt the coach, but by that same logic, the club's commitment towards him and the players built around him shows there is plenty of reason to back him in as the group evidently has. We all strive for the same goals of success and that's all that matters, whether we're slightly more optimistic or critical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From australianfootball.com:

Widely tipped to go one out two steps further in 2015, Port slipped back to the field and finished a disappointing ninth, despite showing glimpses of its 2013-14 form, including two wins over the premiership Hawks. Most pundits have seen this as a mere hiccup, and big things are expected once more from Hinkley and his charges in 2016.

Author - John Devaney with additional material from Andrew Gigacz

LOL. Don't worry guys; the hiccups have lasted a bit longer than expected, but I'm sure we can expect big things soon.
We beat the premiership Tigers after all. :rolleyes:

It's irritating to hear him trot out the "we got taught a lesson in *insert area beaten e.g. the contest*" line yet again. Sounds like he's admitting to having not learnt from the last one, and refused to say so outright that he has yet again failed to have players prepared, or to get the right response from them during the game when a change was needing to be made.

There are plenty of supporters in our colours, myself included, who are striving us to win a premiership and also supportive of the senior coach. That alone is not a determining factor of my or their validity. It's okay to have different opinions on the coach while aiming for the same long - term goal. You have yours and I have mine, and neither of us are right or wrong for it. Factually the statistics show plenty of logical reason to doubt the coach, but by that same logic, the club's commitment towards him and the players built around him shows there is plenty of reason to back him in as the group evidently has. We all strive for the same goals of success and that's all that matters, whether we're slightly more optimistic or critical.

So there's no evidence to keep but good enough reason for you is that the club and the players back him in so objectivity goes out the window and you just go with it for three more years.

Imagine a world where you kept your job despite being a failure over almost 10 years, and the reason you keep it is because a few people at work like you.

So there's no evidence to keep but good enough reason for you is that the club and the players back him in so objectivity goes out the window and you just go with it for three more years.
The evidence was certainly there in 2020 and showed our structural improvements. With exciting depth and some continuous All Australian contenders like Wines and Allir Allir, I see plenty of positives on the playing and coaching front. You may have a more critical view on the coaching side of things which is completely justified and entitled to you, but I was happy to see us rank 2nd for attack and 1st for defense last year and make showcase of our structural balance. It isn't perfect, and flaws exist as shown in our two losses in 2021 so far, but like all flaws they can be improved upon, as we did last year.

Imagine a world where you kept your job despite being a failure over almost 10 years, and the reason you keep it is because a few people at work like you.

I mean, there's plenty of people like that, not many that make close to a brick a year though.

Opposition teams that haven't reached a grand final since Port's last grand final appearance:

Brisbane
Carlton
Essendon
Gold Coast
Melbourne
North

Hands up all those who don't think the above list will shrink further, before we finally make it to the big dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back