Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That payout clause won’t be anything as simple as people make out.

It will almost certainly be connected to absolute poor performance and that will be a pretty low bar.
Eg. Payout kicks in if finals aren’t made 2 years in a row regardless of contract length.

There’s no way it kicks in with 2 years left and the coach is making finals.

You can argue either way whether this is a good or a bad decision. But what is pretty much unarguable is that it's a premature decision.

Why do this now? He's contracted until the end of the year, just wait a few months and make sure we don't ****ing suck next year. If we don't suck next year, we haven't lost anything by not renewing him now. If we do suck, then we've lost hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars by renewing him now. Moronic.

Yeah but if we waited we couldn’t have made a cowardly announcement in the middle of January when the decision would receive the least amount of scrutiny possible.

What is wrong with this club. Why do we jump at shadows.

why the hell would we extend this bloke, we finally have him under some pressure to perform and we give him an out rather than keep the status quo and look half way during the year and see how we are going.

if we miss the finals this year how bloody stupid will we look.

It would be nice if the club came out and tabled the expectations of Hinkley over the next 3 seasons. I'm guessing one finals appearance will do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I'm just over this club. It uses the moniker 'PAFC' but in reality the current mob have more in common with the corporate schmoozing white-collar mediocrity of the Adelaide Crows than the old traditional working class never-give-in Port Adelaide.

These frauds are just a pack of losers who believe near enough is good enough, who are comfortable sitting back getting fat on over-inflated paychecks in a boys' club environment where no-one is ever held accountable and nothing ever really changes. As long as they can keep enough money trickling in from the gullible masses they will be here forever, because what impetus is there for them to move on?

This isn't the real Port Adelaide. It doesn't exist to win premierships. It's just a brand that exists to take your money and deliver a mediocre product year after year after year. Honestly credit to Ken Hinkley for squeezing every last cent out before he eventually *s off back to Geelong and promptly forgets all about us, it's truly been a masterclass of swindling con-artistry.

If you pay your hard-earned money to this soulless corporate franchise that was once the Port Adelaide Football Club, and expect anything other than mediocrity, cynical cash grabs and corporate flaccidity, well, the joke is on you I'm afraid.

Way too premature, its got Koch written all over it, plus it may also answers the question as to how strong (or not) Richo is going to be in negotiations for the right to wear the PB's.

We will probably never know but it wouldn't surprise me greatly if agreeing to an early extension for kern was one of the conditions to him getting the ceo's gig.

2 years is fine. Realistically he was always going to get the extension, and can’t see that it would have been less. The new 6 month payout really is protecting us from ourselves though here.

My gripe is that I would have held out until mid season and judged him heavily on our start to this year. No finals no contract. But they’ve gone early to stop it being a media talking point or take the soft option of avoiding it becoming a big focal point if we have a bad start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back