Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years is fine. Realistically he was always going to get the extension, and can’t see that it would have been less. The new 6 month payout really is protecting us from ourselves though here.

My gripe is that I would have held out until mid season and judged him heavily on our start to this year. No finals no contract. But they’ve gone early to stop it being a media talking point or take the soft option of avoiding it becoming a big focal point if we have a bad start.

Give him one year then if they're so ******* soft that they can't handle media attention!

I'm really disappointed in those running our club.

How do we make change at board level, because we can't just keep letting those in charge make critical decisions like this without learning from their mistakes.

Hinkley may well earn an extension, but he hasn't earnt it yet. If 2021 bombs what then?

The club is so disengaged from the supporter base. I don't think I've ever known it to be making decisions that are so far away from the sentiment of the members, in my lifetime.

Give him one year then if they're so ******* soft that they can't handle media attention!
Agreed. If there was to be an early extension, then a 1 year would've been tolerable, but to know we have gifted 2 more for a total of 3 more years is crazy. That's a huge contract length. It's the sort of length you sign a premiership winning coach too.

Honestly I'm just over this club. It uses the moniker 'PAFC' but in reality the current mob have more in common with the corporate schmoozing white-collar mediocrity of the Adelaide Crows than the old traditional working class never-give-in Port Adelaide.

These frauds are just a pack of losers who believe near enough is good enough, who are comfortable sitting back getting fat on over-inflated paychecks in a boys' club environment where no-one is ever held accountable and nothing ever really changes. As long as they can keep enough money trickling in from the gullible masses they will be here forever, because what impetus is there for them to move on?

This isn't the real Port Adelaide. It doesn't exist to win premierships. It's just a brand that exists to take your money and deliver a mediocre product year after year after year. Honestly credit to Ken Hinkley for squeezing every last cent out before he eventually fu**s off back to Geelong and promptly forgets all about us, it's truly been a masterclass of swindling con-artistry.

If you pay your hard-earned money to this soulless corporate franchise that was once the Port Adelaide Football Club, and expect anything other than mediocrity, cynical cash grabs and corporate flaccidity, well, the joke is on you I'm afraid.
What she said ^^

Last edited:
Probably premature but players love him and coming off a really good yr.
Not renewing because of this is laughable come on seriously.

Kenny's laughing his way straight to the bank hahahahaha
bulk buying sugar free cokes and googling some new car salesman philosophy quotes for sure
F*#k in all seriousness though this is a bad decision see how next year goes before jumping the gun and handing out extensions not a smart move !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the least important thing when appointing coaches, players generally are the worst judges on what's good for them.

everyones favorite teacher is always hard but fair but at the end of the day not hard enough

This is the least important thing when appointing coaches, players generally are the worst judges on what's good for them.
Disagree I think it's pretty important hence the saying his lost the player's.
I'm not saying he gets another contract just because of it.
Like most like I said premature but burn your scarfes microwave your membership its not.

Disagree I think it's pretty important hence the saying his lost the player's.
Yeah but thats on the same tier as 'the dog won't come when he calls' - you have to have really ****ed up for that to happen

The players have loved him for his entire tenure and we've been mentally fragile underachievers throughout. The players loving him is completely meaningless. It gets wheeled out time and time again because he's literally good at nothing else a coach is supposed to be good at.

Discussion between me and power father in law
Me - Hi Ray so port have signed Hinkley. Bigfooty not happy

Father - Why

Me -Because it’s too early. They want to see how he goes this year before signing.

Father - There is nobody better

lol. So not all port supporters want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back