Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussion between me and power father in law
Me - Hi Ray so port have signed Hinkley. Bigfooty not happy

Father - Why

Me -Because it’s too early. They want to see how he goes this year before signing.

Father - There is nobody better

lol. So not all port supporters want him out.
Your father in law post on Facebook by any chance?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Disagree I think it's pretty important hence the saying his lost the player's.
I'm not saying he gets another contract just because of it.
Like most like I said premature but burn your scarfes microwave your membership its not.

It certainly sounded like you did when I read it.

I don't care who the coach, president, ceo, captain is. If they are not bringing success then they must be moved on, not extended three times over. This club has been sitting ******* idle for ******* too long. I've noted your comments over the past few years when the heat has been on the club and this may surprise you but not all decisions that Port Adelaide make are great decisions for Port Adelaide.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Father - Why

Me -Because it’s too early. They want to see how he goes this year before signing.

I didn't know that your father-in-law was the guy that scrutinises the coaching landscape and knows who is 'not' out there that could take over from Ken.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah but thats on the same tier as 'the dog won't come when he calls' - you have to have really f’ed up for that to happen
It also helps keeping young guns we have recruited in recent times .
I have also been critical of his inability to make moves in game and the game plan .
But I think after last yr in tough circumstances we really seem to have built a great connection in the group.
Happy to see if we can continue to improve but also agree we didn't need to extend yet but not going to melt over it.

Mar 1, 2014
parallel universe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jump.gif

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It certainly sounded like you did when I read it.

I don't care who the coach, president, ceo, captain is. If they are not bringing success then they must be moved on, not extended three times over. This club has been sitting ******* idle for ******* too long. I've noted your comments over the past few years when the heat has been on the club and this may surprise you but not all decisions that Port Adelaide make are great decisions for Port Adelaide.
I agree but you have to support your club regardless it's piss weak to not renew your membership because you don't like a certain decision.
Just my opinion each to their own of coarse and I don't think I'm a happy clapper I have been critical of lots of things over the yrs .
Since ken has been coach there has been 4 premiership coaches lol.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should of shut up I'm not Ken's biggest fan at the end of last yr I wanted him sacked but after last yr I can see why he got an extension.
But I will say 1 more time didn't need to be done yet but not melting over it 👍

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree but you have to support your club regardless it's piss weak to not renew your membership because you don't like a certain decision.
Just my opinion each to their own of coarse and I don't think I'm a happy clapper I have been critical of lots of things over the yrs .
Since ken has been coach there has been 4 premiership coaches lol.

I have never pulled my membership but a lot of others are not as stupid as me and will, and should not be criticised for it either.

One year I could stomach but not two, considering he's already had 8 years and three other ******* extensions.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This Ken stuff reminds me of Martin (Marty) Edward Schottenheimer that served as a head coach in the National Football League for 21 seasons without winning anything major. He was the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs for 10 seasons (1989–1998) without winning anything major. Won a few 'Coach of the Year' awards though! How long after him did it take the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl? 23 years. However, he's in the Chief's Hall of Fame!!! Ken could be our Marty.

I'm pretty sure that Ken's tenure without success is the longest in SANFL history, probably smashed it, and I think the same in the VFL, but in the AFL is it only B Scott that holds the longest record of a coaching tenure without success?

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have never pulled my membership but a lot of others are not as stupid as me and will, and should not be criticised for it either.

One year I could stomach but not two, considering he's already had 8 years and three other ******* extensions.
You should only pull your membership if you can't afford it in my opinion through thick and thin.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Probably premature but players love him and coming off a really good yr.
Not renewing because of this is laughable come on seriously.
It's anything but laughable but I know what you mean.

I'm renewing because i'm beyond reasoning. 8yrs without a GF and then add another 2yrs on top is spineless. This extension has been 100% driven by Hinks imo

The same sneaky opportunism shown in 2014 & '17. Will another PF loss this year mean an extension on the extension and if not... why not?

The formula has been played out 3 times now. End result... fans frustrated, Hinks a lot richer and his media stooge Kane Korner as happy as.

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Father - Why

Do you call him Ray or Father?

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

What alternative do the members have to protest against a board that they don't feel is acting in their interests?

This isn't a certain decision. This is a the same f*** up that we made in 2017, extending a coach who hadn't proven himself at a time where his job was absolutely going to be on the line in the upcoming season. This isn't a one off thing. This is a pattern of unaccountable s**t from this board, and we have literally no recourse to do anything about it other than to withhold money.

I'm not personally going to hand in my membership because i'd never get my front row seats back, but i'm fully in solidarity with those that do.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As far as I am concerned, making the 2021 GF is now a none negotiable, that will be the only thing that would warrant this extension. Unfortunately the people running this s**t show have now given Ken an extra two years to achieve that.
How can we be so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back