Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank goodness Richmond got rid of Hardwick in time.........!

Yes Hardwich won a premiership as a coach in his eighth year. It could be argued that they would have won a premiership sooner if they had dumped Hardwick. Alternately there are a lot of sacked coaches crying that if they had been given eight years they would have won a premiership too.

Hardwick IMO had to be on a knife's edge as a coach whose team, in his seventh season as coach, won only eight games. Prior to that they had finished in the eight three times in a row, but been knocked out first final every time (including a glorious 2014).

So Ken is tied to Port until the end of 2023, that would be 11 long years. Just think, those of you that had a child in 2013 now have young person nearly ready for high school, we have had a global pandemic, Trump has come and gone.
Flag or leave Ken.
It's good to have a point of stability to cling to in these troubled times.

Love when people use this comparison. Hardwick whose taken the Tigers to the finals 7 of the last 8 years, including 3 flags, had 1 bad year in the middle there where he was discussed as a possible sacking, and people want to try and compare that to Hinkleys years of failure.

Far out.

1613867805743.png

PORT Adelaide coaches spent “weeks” going over the (2020) preliminary final loss to Richmond to work out a plan to go one better in 2021, Power development coach Chad Cornes said. ... “It was our first finals for many of our guys and maybe we lacked a little bit of composure, which we are working on.”

"Playing finals is overrated"
- Ken Hinkley 2019

View attachment 1062147

PORT Adelaide coaches spent “weeks” going over the (2020) preliminary final loss to Richmond to work out a plan to go one better in 2021, Power development coach Chad Cornes said. ... “It was our first finals for many of our guys and maybe we lacked a little bit of composure, which we are working on.”

- Ken Hinkley 2019

I‘ve said this before: We lost the 2020 Prelim in 2019.

View attachment 1062147

- Ken Hinkley 2019
“We exist to win premierships”

Should have been sacked on the spot after making such a moronic statement.

View attachment 1062147

- Ken Hinkley 2019
Sounds similar to what we heard in 2015.. and when we lost to west coast.. blah blah blah.. just do ya talking on the field..

I don’t want to hear another word this year about what we are going to do.. I’ve had enough of talk and spin. the great sides never talk about what they will do.. they just ******* well do it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1062147

- Ken Hinkley 2019
Sack Ken.

Sounds similar to what we heard in 2015.. and when we lost to west coast.. blah blah blah.. just do ya talking on the field..

I don’t want to hear another word this year about what we are going to do.. I’ve had enough of talk and spin. the great sides never talk about what they will do.. they just ******* well do it..

Well to be fair Richmond talked the talk before they walked the walk.

View attachment 1062147

- Ken Hinkley 2019

We didn't get a premiership but we gained something far more valuable, experience! Sack ken

Players that have retired, been traded or cut, during the Hinkley era, starting from 2013 until present.

Hitchcock, Heath, Renouf, Broadbent, monfries, Brett Ebert, Butcher, Trengove, O'shea, Stewart, Stevenson, Cornes, Salter, Wingard, Thomas, Shaw, Lobbe, Blee, Cassisi, Moore, Carlile, Schulz, Pittard, Pfiffer, Neade, Brad Ebert,, Redden, Colquhoun, Hombsch, Mitchell, Newton, Westhoff, Young, Ah Chee, D, Stewart, Logan, D. Butcher, Hoskin.
White, Polec, Impey, Harvey, Flynn, S. Gray, Russell.
Ryder, Austin, Howard, Frampton, Wagner, Krakouer.
Toumpas, Johnson, Snelling, Hewett.
Eddy, Atley, Irra.
Jack Trengove, Watts, Patmore, Barry, L. Thomas.
Grundy, Cox, Pudney, Sutcliffe.

That's a fair turnover, 68 players, he owes the club and supporters a minimum of at least 1 flag.

Last edited:

Hardwick is a 48 year old man with a 38 year old brain.

Hinkley is a 54 year old man with a 108 year old brain.

Having seen Geelong and Brisbane get rolled by ordinary teams getting in early before tomorrows game.

Sack Hinkley.

I like your thinking, we can never be too careful. The only way to ensure Hinkley doesn't cost us the game tomorrow is to sack him now before he gets a chance.

Kenneth Hinkler is my (assigned) buddy this season, so I will not be liking any of you posts. Even if they happen to make some valid points.
Sack Grave Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back