Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about all of the mixed messages in here. Are we sacking him or giving him an extension?

We are extending his sacking to a permanent position.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Jesus..... 3rd game of the season, I didn't realise how far the sand had got up your collective vag's :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that you have finally been brought out of your coma. Also glad to that the hoovering of your vag was an complete success.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I'm confused about all of the mixed messages in here. Are we sacking him or giving him an extension?
20 year extension. It's only a matter of time before he becomes a competent coach. It's all a matter of stability.

Thunderer

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I read in the WCE review thread that Schofield and Hinkley had a yelling competition. Has anyone got any details of this? (Whether true or not and what the nature of the spat was?)

I read in the WCE review thread that Schofield and Hinkley had a yelling competition. Has anyone got any details of this? (Whether true or not and what the nature of the spat was?)

A yelling competition is an extremely overblown way to describe it. Just animated discussion. It was shown on TV. They were in the box. Schofield looked pretty exasperated. His midfield let him down.

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My coach, your coach, our coach

1617700761206.png

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
This is gonna sound like one of those d¡ckhead callers to SEN, but after those first 2-3 Eagles goals, what was stopping him from making the very visual statement of leaving the coaches box and spending at least the rest of the quarter on the sidelines to sharpen everyone up as they rotated on and off?
He needs to master Choco's move of taking the team over to the outer wing for the 3Q time huddle. I swear I saw that work on at least 1 out of every 10 occasions.

He needs to master Choco's move of taking the team over to the outer wing for the 3Q time huddle. I swear I saw that work on at least 1 out of every 10 occasions.

I choose to believe we were being irredeemably punished by the footy gods for diabolical decisions such as the Funk Squad, the Please Don’t Stop The Music Pre-Teen Dancers & tarps, thus negating any effect Chocolate’s attempts to inspire the players might’ve had.

I mean, how else can we explain a monsoon on the club’s 140th birthday, which not only resulted in Russell Ebert and a host of other stalwarts, legends and iconography getting drenched, but a then 0-9 Richmond subsequently spanking our 8th-placed boys by 49 points?

That said, we did come within a 94pt loss to St Kilda of landing a hallowed 5-Wins-In-A-Row certificate that year, so I can’t complain too much.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I got excited, then i read the OP.

torpGOD

Debutant
Mar 13, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs
I have only just realised how disengaged I've been from footy recently - 2020 included. When we lost to the Tigers I didn't feel disappointed, I kind of just expected it. I don't think I've been optimistic about a Hinkley-led Port team since early 2016, when I realised that 2015 wasn't an aberration and mediocrity was our MO.

I think at this point I'd prefer it if we were just plain sh*t. The issue is with mediocrity is he's good enough to not get sacked early, but bad enough to not actually do anything. I believe that this a sentiment that is felt pretty strongly amongst the fan base, many just don't realise it yet.

I have also made a fu** load of money off of betting against Port in games where we are the favourites and you can see the same old same old issues. Saturday night's game was no exception.
good post, I feel very much the same way. The 2020 prelim just felt like going through the motions.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I wasn't too drunk to find the remote (located later underneath me) I would have turned off after the first 3 goals.

Was only ever going one way after that.

Was the Paul Stewart 2012 North game the last time we came back from 5 goals down to win a game? Feels like it was.
Nah there was plenty in 2013 " the Darren burgess effect" including the showdown and that west coast game where we were almost 50 down and won.. wouldn't of thought there was many after that though.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have only just realised how disengaged I've been from footy recently - 2020 included. When we lost to the Tigers I didn't feel disappointed, I kind of just expected it. I don't think I've been optimistic about a Hinkley-led Port team since early 2016, when I realised that 2015 wasn't an aberration and mediocrity was our MO.

I think at this point I'd prefer it if we were just plain sh*t. The issue is with mediocrity is he's good enough to not get sacked early, but bad enough to not actually do anything. I believe that this a sentiment that is felt pretty strongly amongst the fan base, many just don't realise it yet.

I have also made a fu** load of money off of betting against Port in games where we are the favourites and you can see the same old same old issues. Saturday night's game was no exception.

You sound like me ...

I only feel numb when we lose under Ken.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This is damning on Ken
Sounds like a supporter watching the bush league with his mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back