Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane: Where are the Hinkley Haters now

BF: Over here lad

By the by, Rucci did the same thing.

Launching a broadside at ignorant, ungrateful fans who were agitating for change after the disastrous end to the 2019 season… before predicting we’d finish 10th in 2020.

🤪

Kane can stop comparing this side to the 2004 one now.
2004 Port after 7 rounds: 4th spot. 5 wins 2 losses. 125%
2021 Port: 3rd spot. 5 wins 2 losses. 120%

2004 Port in round 8 lose and drop to 6th spot and are on 109%. Surely we don't do this against the crows?

Hopefully the next high-profile free agent we sign doesn’t come to us with a destroyed shoulder and having enjoyed his best year of footy four seasons beforehand.
Zachy still has his best footy ahead of him IMO.

Remember we used to match and beat the great Brisbane sides at the Gabba. Aren't those sides in the conversation for best ever? Some say this is our best ever list.

hmmm.

R19 2000 - 67 point loss
R16 2001 - 34 point loss
QF 2001 - 32 point loss
R7 2002 - 57 point loss
PF 2002 - 56 point loss
R17 2003 - 1 point win
R11 2004 - 37 point loss

Brisbane were a beast compared to what they're now.

I would adore a glimpse at the alternate universe where we have a full compliment of players (Primus, Francou, Lade, Wilson, Bond) and an extra $1,000,000 in the salary cap, and they’re taking us on 400 times at Football Park minus Voss, Keating, Chris Scott and Chris Johnson.

When it comes to the performance of Port Adelaide under Hinkley I think the difference between culpability and accountability. I don't think you can say that Hinkley is a bad coach. Bad coaches don't make two prelims (and be within a kick of making it through), a semi final and an elimination final.

If you look at the premiership coaches of the past ten years, clearly Clarkson and Hardwick are the two standout "great" coaches, but outside of that I'm not sure that Longmire, Beveridge, Simpson and Scott could be classified as being much better than Hinkley. The main exception being that these coaches had things fall their way when it mattered, whilst we had some poor fortune. It's not a Leon Cameron situation where he had everything he could possibly need and didn't deliver. You can't blame Hinkley for our poor goalkicking in '14 or a handful of poor decisions made by players in '20 that lead to our downfall. He has definitely made some mistakes during his tenure (some notable selection ones come to mind) but I think largely the good has outweighed the bad.

Even this year I don't think you can directly attribute culpability to Hinkley for our midfielders shitting the bed against WCE in the first 5 minutes or our forwards being pathetic in the contest against Brisbane.

That being said, ultimately the aim of the Port Adelaide football club is to win premierships. Hinkley as effectively the "head" of the football department is accountable for our failures and as needs to pay the price if we don't achieve our goals. You would think his time should be running out. As has been pointed out there aren't too many coaches who survive this long without a premiership.

Some of the extreme and targeted criticism is over the top. The personal attacks to his family, appearance and past occupation is garbage. For the time being we should get behind him and the club and evaluate at the end of the year.

If you look at the premiership coaches of the past ten years, clearly Clarkson and Hardwick are the two standout "great" coaches, but outside of that I'm not sure that Longmire, Beveridge, Simpson and Scott could be classified as being much better than Hinkley. The main exception being that these coaches won ******* premierships.
Fixed. That's all you needed to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you think Hinkley has gone wrong? Outside of not winning the final game of the year, what makes him a bad coach?
Outside of murdering all those people, what makes Ted Bundy a bad guy?

I mean, my entire point was that he was accountable but not culpable. Given I haven't received a single response as to why he is a bad coach I'll stick with my assumption.

Another question. At the beginning of 2021, or even now, does anyone actually think that another coach available in the market would have a better chance of achieving a premiership than Ken?

I mean, my entire point was that he was accountable but not culpable. Given I haven't received a single response as to why he is a bad coach I'll stick with my assumption.

Another question. At the beginning of 2021, or even now, does anyone actually think that another coach available in the market would have a better chance of achieving a premiership than Ken?
I say again: Nine effing years.

How much longer do you want to give him twinkle-toes?

Life is too short for mediocrity as personified by Hinkley.

For godsake he only agreed to attend off-season coaching school a couple of years ago.

Get real.

Last edited:
There is no point. Given your posts and avatar, you are either a troll or Ken himself.

I say again: Nine effing years.

How much longer do you want to give him twinkle-toes?

Life is too short for mediocity as personified by Hinkley.

For godsake he only agreed to attend off-season coaching school a couple of years ago.

Get real.
To the end of the year.

There is no point. Given your posts and avatar, you are either a troll or Ken himself.
I didn't know that Hinkley (myself?) was a big fan of Paul Geister. But anyway, I'll accept that mine is an unpopular opinion and move on.

It seems that for some people they are barracking harder for Hinkley to fail than for the club to win a premiership. Seems to be a rather unenjoyable way to watch football.

I didn't know that Hinkley (myself?) was a big fan of Paul Geister. But anyway, I'll accept that mine is an unpopular opinion and move on.

It seems that for some people they are barracking harder for Hinkley to fail than for the club to win a premiership. Seems to be a rather unenjoyable way to watch football.
Yep, that's it. You nailed it.

When it comes to the performance of Port Adelaide under Hinkley I think the difference between culpability and accountability. I don't think you can say that Hinkley is a bad coach. Bad coaches don't make two prelims (and be within a kick of making it through), a semi final and an elimination final.

Hinkley is not a bad coach but he hasn't been good enough to take us to a flag. If he can't do it this year then it is certainly time he stood aside and let someone else have a go.

Yes

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your a little late to the party.... People were sick of answering the why is a Hinkley a s**t coach... 4....5 years ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back