Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been (almost) as critical of Ken as anyone but I dont get why so many people are acting like tomorrow night is some kind of determining factor.

Last year we aced the minor round and failed in the finals.

This year finals will tell the story.

Judge Ken by what happens when we back to close to our best team on the park and when finals come around.

Until then we just need to win enough games to finish top 6, hopefully top 4 and keep ourselves in the race.

We can lose tomorrow night and still.win the flag.

We can win tomorrow night and still have another failed season

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been (almost) as critical of Ken as anyone but I dont get why so many people are acting like tomorrow night is some kind of determining factor. ...
Beating a contender is a great way to build belief in the team. If we can't beat them in the minor round it doesn't mean we can't beat them in the finals if we get the opportunity but it also doesn't mean we will beat them in finals. It's not a determining factor but Hinkley's view that not being able to beat contenders is not an issue is just another example of him lowering expectations and providing the players with a ready made excuse.

More expectation management from this long term loser.

HATES pressure. Hates the idea that he might be judged based on how he does his job. You want to talk about behaviours not results? That's not how winners behave. You want to talk about good teams vs great teams? Great teams have great people at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter what hinkley says, the usual suspect come in here frothing for the most pathetic or reasons.
The irony of someone with the title "living in your head" getting all shook about people maybe s**t talking Daddy.

Was watching AusBiz today, hosted by David Koch. It's one of the stranger aspects of our club that our president is a finance guy who sits in judgement on high performance leaders in high performance companies in cutthroat industries and yet thinks this country bumpkin from Geelong is the ideal guy to lead his football club.

Was watching AusBiz today, hosted by David Koch. It's one of the stranger aspects of our club that our president is a finance guy who sits in judgement on high performance leaders in high performance companies in cutthroat industries and yet thinks this country bumpkin from Geelong is the ideal guy to lead his football club.
Hopefully we can get a loss for you tomorrow night!

Ken has hypnotized this club, his bogan lovable Dutch uncle persona has won over everyone, no matter their demographic or status.

Prominent businessmen, club board members, media journalists, Facebook mums and a group of 18-32 year old footballers who hang on his every word.

I don't get it.

Nathan Buckley steps down as Collingwood coach

“But there’s no doubt that this is the best thing for the football club. I’ve always believed that that’s what should happen and the guys either side of me, the guys that are in the board room, (and) the players all want to see the right thing happen for the club."

A coach that knows he can do no more at his club, certain others should take note.

The fact he's a country bumpkin is irrelevant ... The fact he thinks we "don't need to take a scalp" before finals is concerning.

With Scott and Buckley leaving, how many long serving failed coaches are there left?

Hinkley and Leon Cameron?
None. The only coaches with longer tenure are all premiership winners - Hardwick, Longmire, Clarkson, Scott.

Cameron was appointed 12 months after Ken and so was premiership winning coach Adam Simpson.

At least Cameron has got to a Granny too. (EDIT: Ken is 4th all time on games coached without making a granny having recently passed the immortal Neil Craig. His sights now firmly set on passing B.Scott with Terry Wallace not far away.)

Last edited:
None. The only coaches with longer tenure are all premiership winners - Hardwick, Longmire, Clarkson, Scott.

Cameron was appointed 12 months after Ken and so was premiership winning coach Adam Simpson.

At least Cameron has got to a Granny too.

Finally, conclusive evidence we should sack Hinkley, effective immediately

At least Cameron has got to a Granny too. (EDIT: Ken is 4th all time on games coached without making a granny having recently passed the immortal Neil Craig. His sights now firmly set on passing B.Scott with Terry Wallace not far away.)
This is so sad I just got to laugh.

Hopefully we can get a loss for you tomorrow night!
Once again you show that you want us to lose games and therefore are more than happy to have Hinkley as coach for as long as he wants to take the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back