Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we went 10 or 11 points up early in the last quarter i text'd a mate "Prepare to have your heart ripped out of your chest".

The script is all too predictable.
It was far too early in the quarter for us to hit the front we can't sustain it against decent opposition.

I had given up on counting Hinkley's contract lengths when we re-signed him last, and so I just can't remember how long he has left. Did the club give him a 2 year extension at the end of 2019, with 2020 still a year left of his previous contract? So his extension covers 2021 and 2022? Is that correct?

I don't want to see Boak, Gray, Dixon, Jonas, Hartlett all gone before the club parts ways with Hinkley.
I want to be going to games with some feeling of optimism and excitement that you get when a new coach arrives.
I don't even have optimism that we can win an sanfl gf because we seem to have a soft underbelly.
So depressing.

Last night was the fourth anniversary of getting smoked by 70 points by Essendon at Marvel. Who says we haven’t improved, eh?
I have straight up erased this from my memory. I can't remember this. The stats say Cale Hooker kicked five goals against us? Did I go to this game? Genuinely baffled.

Of course Robbie is our only multiple goalkicker in this game. God bless him

I have straight up erased this from my memory. I can't remember this. The stats say Cale Hooker kicked five goals against us? Did I go to this game? Genuinely baffled.

Of course Robbie is our only multiple goalkicker in this game. God bless him
I remember it. I chose to go to Victoria and missed us beating West Adelaide at Alberton by 130 points.

Just out coached again really. We just played into geelongs hands , ken had no idea.. all good winning the ball but we just kicked blindly out of packs to them everytime and just killed all momentum, there was no change the entire game.

Ken's actual response in the press conference to this question from a journalist.." What happened when Geelong kicked 5 in a row after you were 21 points up?"

Ken " that's what happens when you have two good sides out there"

Like wtf? This guy is actually cooked.
Technical answer 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been thinking about people asking Ken to do the decent thing and read the room and leave but I’m reminded of how Mark Williams brought us to our knees financially as we still had to pay him out for a year while he did nothing for us. Now Mark Williams for all his faults (and there are plenty) actually loved Port Adelaide and he still nearly broke us.

What actual hope do we have of evoking club passion and empathy from a used car salesman from Geelong who only cares about receiving a pay packet from Port Adelaide.

Ken is a Geelong man through and through. I would bet he had $ on Geelong to beat us Thursday.

Our only hope of removing him is through Koch and the board.

I am so sad and defeated about Port. We were forever fighting the enemy outside the SANFL the AFL the umpires but now the enemy is within. We are going to destroy ourselves.

Reminder: the first "I've lost faith in ken Hinkley" (precursor to sack Hinkley) thread was started SIX YEARS AGO TO THE DAY.

That's right. We could see ken was a charlatan from mid 2015. What has he brought us in 6 years? We made a prelim in a bizarre afl X style completely unprecedented season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back