Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't stress enough that losing a prelim in an unusual season should never, ever earn a coach a contract extension, especially not when he entered that season with negative credits in the bank and has never won a prelim.

We played good footy in 2020. We played good footy in 2014 as well. We played average footy in 2017 and gave him a contract extension that has burned us.

I can't stress enough that losing a prelim in an unusual season should never, ever earn a coach a contract extension, especially not when he entered that season with negative credits in the bank and has never won a prelim.

We played good footy in 2020. We played good footy in 2014 as well. We played average footy in 2017 and gave him a contract extension that has burned us.
Correct, We'll make top 4 next season and continue this form that kochie will think ken is the answer yet again and extend him once more.

Then it'll get to the point of rinse and repeat. Sack Hinkley ASAP.

Last edited:
Correct, We'll make top 4 next season and continue this form that kochie will think ken is the answer yet again and extend him once more.

Then it'll get to the point of rinse and repeat. Sack Hinkley ASAP.

No, that is sack Koch.

Then Sack Hinkley.

Christmas is coming up so...

Aaahhh the '5 Days of Sackings'

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sad thread is symptomatic of why I seldom bother with Footy Forums & Social Media Groups.

Totally ******* TOXIC !!
Post as many Short Movies on Social Media as you want, but end of the day you are just a Keystrokes Warrior and our Coach is top of the ladder FOR 2020!

If we make the Grand Final in 2021, none of you deserve to Watch!!

You two are right because wasn't his fault when we were 2nd after round 16 and still didn't make finals but that's none of my business.

#peoplelivinginglasshouses

Listened to the Dyl and Friends poddy with Chris Judd the other day (I promise this becomes thread relevant). Judd is a smart guy and it was a broad chat about footy, life in general, his investing interests. Anyway, he lifted a quote from somewhere I can't recall which was that it's best to have strong opinions but loosely held. I think that's relevant to where I sit on the Hinkley issue.

Hinkley deserved to be sacked after 2018 and 2019 in my view. Nothing that happened in 2020 diminishes that reality for me. The fact he made it to 2020 and then was able to deliver strong results - not the ultimate result but certainly significantly better than anyone would reasonably have expected - simply has to loosen my view on the idea that he deserves to be sacked and that it would be impossible to win a premiership with him in charge. To think anything else is just pigheaded.

I'm willing to back him in for next year, with strong expectations. Absolute minimum expectation is a top 6 finish and a finals win, this would show that we have reached a new standard and consolidate on the huge improvement that was 2020. Anything less than that and we're back where we started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back