Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 3? Seriously? Sack the mug already!

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm a United fan. This year the club is playing attractive soccer and scoring lots of goals. Very enjoyable to watch compared to the grind that Port serve up. Verbeek probably had a quiet chuckle to himself after listening to Ken's coaching philosophies
I think you will find us quite different going forward. We tried to take the game on last year but didn’t have the cattle. This could change and we will be exciting again. We have picked up some speed and quick thinkers by the looks of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As suggested by another poster on the draft thread Kern didn't look particularly comfortable last night, maybe the pressure is getting to him, and if so it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could pull the pin himself at some stage next season instead of waiting for what should eventually be inevitable.
Yes I thought he looked a bit flat. Was all smiles last draft. It would surely be getting to the fella.

tribey

5 Wins In-A-Row Certificate Recipients '13/'14/'18
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Who are we kidding.

We are going to miss the 8 and back Ken in.
Yep.

Let’s be honest, he was getting high praise for his usual trick of losing home games in which were favourite, and getting blown off the park by North, while deploying a team with an average of 26 and half-a-dozen geriatrics in it.

Imagine the mad props he’ll get if the side actually is young while spluttering into the usual 9th/10th finish.

The groundswell for Ken to ‘see it through’ will be unbearable.

PA88

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree, wasn't the idea that t would 'Unite' the split city of Crows and Power fans. I love soccer, but can't be doing with them!

Awful name though, they should push Reds more.
Agree. After all that this state and its bitter losers have attempted to do to my club Port Adelaide, to stem its success and to belittle its rich history, I just cannot sit side by side with a crows supporter and cheer on another team that shares the state colours, and quite frankly the crows colours. I lost my love for the 36ers decades ago and I've never been an Adelaide United supporter.

theDuckFarmer

Stun Guitar
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots, Mitchelton-Scott
We wanted Hinkley sacked 2 years before Wenger got sacked after a long WengerOUT campaign. They've already gone through 2 managers.
Much more ruthless accountability in the EPL. Every time Rucci reminds us of how grateful we should be for Hinkley because 2012, I always think of two words: Claudio Ranieri.

AFC AFeederClub

All Australian
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Much more ruthless accountability in the EPL. Every time Rucci reminds us of how grateful we should be for Hinkley because 2012, I always think of two words: Claudio Ranieri.
grateful mediocrity, thats what i would expect from Rucci, you know he would sell his soul for a free matching track suit top & bottom.

i wonder if he a journalist or a propaganda tool of the PAFC? you see he's such good mates with these guys he's to soft to offend them

Hammer#8

Premiership Player
May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Who are we kidding.

We are going to miss the 8 and back Ken in.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks likely from what KT said back in August, honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing..

Journo: "Does Port need to make finals in 2020 for Ken to get an extra year or will that mean he goes?"

KT: "Ken's got an existing contract, if we feel we need to give him more time we'll extend it"

Other tidbits from KT

"Can we forsee a Ken Hinkley run football program delivering us a premiership? Absolutely."

"I think Ken's a great coach, I just think its hard to win consistently at AFL level."

"You're (journos) are worried a lot more about these things than I am? I haven't even thought about it. (Ken's contract trigger)"

"We have seen throughout Ken's career an ability to beat the best sides."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laugh Laugh

Premium Gold
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Looks likely from what KT said back in August, honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing..

Journo: "Does Port need to make finals in 2020 for Ken to get an extra year or will that mean he goes?"

KT: "Ken's got an existing contract, if we feel we need to give him more time we'll extend it"

Other tidbits from KT

"Can we forsee a Ken Hinkley run football program delivering us a premiership? Absolutely."

"I think Ken's a great coach, I just think its hard to win consistently at AFL level."

"You're (journos) are worried a lot more about these things than I am? I haven't even thought about it. (Ken's contract trigger)"

"We have seen throughout Ken's career an ability to beat the best sides."

videotogif_2019.04.11_18.09.38.gif

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
grateful mediocrity, thats what i would expect from Rucci, you know he would sell his soul for a free matching track suit top & bottom.

i wonder if he a journalist or a propaganda tool of the PAFC? you see he's such good mates with these guys he's to soft to offend them
Sack Rucci for wearing that tie to what I assume is some sort of club function.

Top Bottom