Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we fall short this year the narrative from the media will be, “Ken came out this year with a brave statement, but given the team’s youth it was a slim reality. You’ve got to admire Ken’s boldness, putting pressure on himself to perform notwithstanding the status of the list. He can’t be sacked for being courageous”

Dal Santo already calling Ken courageous

Media just love country boy Ken

21CAD4DA-F7B8-4D9B-AC7F-53847046F6A6.jpeg

David Koch rejects suggestions coach Ken Hinkley put extra pressure on the club when he warned AFL rivals last week: “look out, we’re coming.”
Kochie told FIVEaa Breakfast on Monday:

“I love it. It owns a goal. You shouldn’t be in the AFL if you don’t want to win a premiership and to win a premiership every year. Don’t be afraid.

“One of the things in this day and age of such close scrutiny, particularly in footy and everyone has an opinion on social media, everyone goes into their bunker and is afraid to say anything.

“That’s his goal. He’s really impressed with the list that we’ve got and the talent the young kids are showing. Don’t be afraid to own it I reckon.”

I was watching this interview with Chris Gardner and someone asked him what it meant to be world class and how do you get there.

His answer was that you can be good at something, pretty good at something or world class at something...but that most people won’t be able to see what you’re building to until you are actually there, because it takes time.

He said he every day you need to ask two questions: 1. If I could wake up tomorrow and walk through a door and be world class at what I’m doing, what does it look like? What does it smell like? What does it feel like? What does it taste like?

And 2. What have I done today to make tomorrow a reality? Have I moved the needle even an inch? Have I taken a baby step towards that goal of being world class?

He also spoke of sacrifice and effort being keys to success.

People who aren’t prepared to put in the effort and aren’t prepared to sacrifice to ensure that this club is world class at Australian Rules Football have no place as players, coaches or supporters of Port Adelaide as far as I’m concerned.

That’s my theme for this year. World class. What does it look like, and what are we doing to get there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 824376

David Koch rejects suggestions coach Ken Hinkley put extra pressure on the club when he warned AFL rivals last week: “look out, we’re coming.”

“I love it. It owns a goal. You shouldn’t be in the AFL if you don’t want to win a premiership and to win a premiership every year. Don’t be afraid.

“One of the things in this day and age of such close scrutiny, particularly in footy and everyone has an opinion on social media, everyone goes into their bunker and is afraid to say anything.

“That’s his goal. He’s really impressed with the list that we’ve got and the talent the young kids are showing. Don’t be afraid to own it I reckon.”

"What do you mean put pressure on the club? They're just words, they have no meaning."

View attachment 824376

Holeeeeee sheeeeetttt

It's like he has never read the creed.....I am dead serious.... unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back