Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From AFL website

“Needing to take the Power to the finals to activate a clause in his contract for next season, Hinkley has boldly declared ‘we're coming’ and believes the side is capable of challenging for the premiership.”

“Cornes revealed that Hinkley had taken more responsibility during the summer than he had in previous years.
‘Kenny's been a little bit more hands on this pre-season,Cornes said.”

So I guess it takes the threat of losing your job for Hinkley to actually start working after 7 years. Nice

True, but take someone like Williams for example. You’d think if he was being considered for a round 1 (or early season) debut they’d be playing him in this game and resting him from the U23 game not the other way around.

Why?

Let's look at Sutcliffe vs Williams head to head.

If they play Sutcliffe in this game they can play Williams in the U23 game, and get both of them to have a crack against AFL-listed opposition.

If they play Williams in this game Sutcliffe is just sitting doing nothing for two weeks.

Same thing with Garner vs McKenzie.

I'm not a massive fan of the scheduling, but there is no way I'm freaking out until at the very least Marsh 2.

Why?

If they play Sutcliffe in this game they can play Williams in the U23 game, and get both of them to have a crack against AFL-listed opposition.

If they play Williams in this game Sutcliffe is just sitting doing nothing for two weeks.

I'm not a massive fan of the scheduling, but there is no way I'm freaking out until at the very least Marsh 2.
Firstly, playing Williams against Brisbane is the significantly better option in determining if he's capable, or preparing him for Round 1. This is another example of saying "play youth" and not actually playing youth.

Secondly, Sutcliffe can play in the U/23's because it's that by name only. Both the Crows and Port played players outside the "U/23" bracket last year.

Sutcliffe's name shouldn't even be on the magnet board.

Firstly, playing Williams against Brisbane is the significantly better option in determining if he's capable, or preparing him for Round 1. This is another example of saying "play youth" and not actually playing youth.

Secondly, Sutcliffe can play in the U/23's because it's that by name only. Both the Crows and Port played players outside the "U/23" bracket last year.

Let us just see how Sutcliffe goes before we too excited about magnets.

Wait seriously? I had no idea on this.

From AFL website

“Needing to take the Power to the finals to activate a clause in his contract for next season, Hinkley has boldly declared ‘we're coming’ and believes the side is capable of challenging for the premiership.”

“Cornes revealed that Hinkley had taken more responsibility during the summer than he had in previous years.
‘Kenny's been a little bit more hands on this pre-season,Cornes said.”

So I guess it takes the threat of losing your job for Hinkley to actually start working after 7 years. Nice
I find it amusing how certain posters look for every single opportunity to add to their Hate Hinkley pile.
The guy is no saint and has failed in our eyes for sure so far at this coaching gig but seriously, any sane person or person with any sense of balance should be able to see that not everything Ken does is wrong or bad.
Talk about using every opportunity to fuel the hatred.
Reminder: Ken is not the devil’s spawn and of course he has worked hard before this.

Why?

I agree with this until you realise we've seen this s**t before with Hinkley for years and realise that this year won't be any different.

Let us just see how Sutcliffe goes before we too excited about magnets.
He's played over 100 games. He got delisted by Freo when they were s**t and needed good experienced players to help guide a rebuild. He was poor in most games for Port last year.

A serious question, given the above, what do YOU think Cam Sutcliffe brings to the table?

I'm all for people arguing contrarian positions, even if I don't agree with them. Janus's takes on things often make for interesting reading, even if I often disagree. You'd get a lot less flak here if you ever argued for anything from your own reasoned point of view, rather than always just 'cause Ken thinks so'.

Choco did the same thing before the 2004 season with a meeting with Eddie Jones in sydney.
Maybe kens hoping lightning strikes twice. Can't blame him for trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it amusing how certain posters look for every single opportunity to add to their Hate Hinkley pile.
The guy is no saint and has failed in our eyes for sure so far at this coaching gig but seriously, any sane person or person with any sense of balance should be able to see that not everything Ken does is wrong or bad.
Reminder: Ken is not the devil’s spawn and of course he has worked hard before this.

On a sinking ship do you:

A) abandon, or

B) keep filling buckets of water, only to delay the inevitable submersion and then decide to abandon

I prefer A, or if possible C) sack Hinkley

HINKLEY AND VOSS, HINKLEY AND VOSS THE CHIMPS ARE IMPS THERE AINT NO DOUBT

Did lol at the thought of Hinkley and Voss throwing their faeces at everyone and then running off.

Did lol at the thought of Hinkley and Voss throwing their faeces at everyone and then running off.

The angry face of the lady when her washing is ruined is exactly us.

VOSS AND HINKLEYS CLANGERS COME ABOUT QUITE FREQUENTLY, IT'S HINKLEY AND VOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Today's squad for our preseason game (our preseason game, mind you, not even a real game) doesn't include Sam Hayes, Joel Garner, Jake Patmore, Miles Bergman or Dylan Williams (Williams coming off of three goals in the intraclub) but does include Cameron Sutcliffe, Jarrod Lienert, Sam Mayes and Trent McKenzie.

So my response to the argument that 'Ken has committed to rebuilding the club and playing young players in preparation for the future' is that the argument is complete horseshit.

Firstly, you're looking at the 30-man squad, not the 26 man squad named on the AFL website. Differences being that Sutcliffe, Atley, Drew, Watts are left out of the 26 man squad. This reinforces the idea that any fringe players that are capable of playing in the U23 game are being left out so they can play that instead.

This is definitely what the coaches are considering as our best mix of players at the moment excluding the players forced out due to management (e.g. Watts) or state of origin.

I think Hinkley made his intentions quite clear when he stated the goal is to win a flag. That's not rebuilding, that's aiming for finals and being relevant at the end of the year. That's why we're playing a team that is the players that are our most likely to play and can't play in the U23 game.

Not thinking everything Ken does is wrong or bad is fine. We don't have to explicitly say for every decision he's got right 'Yep, Ken was right here'.

You are aware you are in the " Sack Hinkley 3? Seriously? Sack the mug already!" thread? Not the Hinkley love-in thread?

You have missed my point

No, I understand your point - it is the same logic I apply when people criticise Trump’s actions just because he is Trump (and if say Obama performed the same action he’d be praised).

But Hinkley attempting to resurrect his career and our club is all too little too late

*Disclaimer: I am not a trump supporter I’m just using an example*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back