Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Port name on top of the ladder but you must admit, he has wasted many opportunities with strange selections and game plans.
Just pointing out he has been very lucky the club has given him this long as a senior coach, not many clubs would with the results he has had. How many winning finals in the last 5 years. :think:

Ken is very lucky Koch believes in stability being the way to success. I will say Hardwick was also lucky to stay on before winning the flag and Buckley also before taking the Pies to the GF. So I hope he can follow suit and repay the faith and get a bit of luck in the big dance.

Arguably port have been unlucky to narrowly miss finals a few times, Ryder suspended for a season, Dixon a lost season to injury, a few narrow losses here and there. On the flip side just making finals generally isn’t enough unless you get a bulldogs armchair ump ride that port will never get.

I have always liked Ken’s personality and honesty. But I have also called for him to be sacked in the past. If I was in charge he would have been gone. THAT SAID, I hope I was wrong and that he takes us all the way this year and for many more to come.

But my point was that so many people here are saying minor round counts for sweet FA, so we should give credit for the major round finish of 4th in 2014.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken is very lucky Koch believes in stability being the way to success. I will say Hardwick was also lucky to stay on before winning the flag and Buckley also before taking the Pies to the GF. So I hope he can follow suit and repay the faith and get a bit of luck in the big dance.

Arguably port have been unlucky to narrowly miss finals a few times, Ryder suspended for a season, Dixon a lost season to injury, a few narrow losses here and there. On the flip side just making finals generally isn’t enough unless you get a bulldogs armchair ump ride that port will never get.

I have always liked Ken’s personality and honesty. But I have also called for him to be sacked in the past. If I was in charge he would have been gone. THAT SAID, I hope I was wrong and that he takes us all the way this year and for many more to come.

But my point was that so many people here are saying minor round counts for sweet FA, so we should give credit for the major round finish of 4th in 2014.

Understood and yes you need to win enough home and away games to make finals, finals of course is a different ball game.
Hopefully Hinkley has learnt from his past mistakes and we have a wonderful finals series, ending with a premiership.

Happy 6 years since we last won a final y'all ;)

If your friends and family were here would they describe you as obstinate? Do you struggle to back down in an argument or admit you may have been wrong? Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your friends and family were here would they describe you as obstinate? Do you struggle to back down in an argument or admit you may have been wrong? Just wondering.

Did we win the premiership yet? I'm not into the Glenelg mentality that has been creeping into some elements of our supporter base. The default at Port is win a premiership or you've failed - Hinkley is in his 8th year now. If we win the premiership, I and everyone else will be saying how wrong we were. Until then, Ken still has everything to prove.

images (57).jpeg

Did we win the premiership yet? I'm not into the Glenelg mentality that has been creeping into some elements of our supporter base. The default at Port is win a premiership or you've failed - Hinkley is in his 8th year now. If we win the premiership, I and everyone else will be saying how wrong we were. Until then, Ken still has everything to prove.

Nah. I'll be saying he ******* well wasted everyone's time till now. He's been ******* trash for a decade. Almost no coach in history is awarded that level of patience. Broken clock etc.

We damn ******* well better win. He and the club owe everyone.

Nah. I'll be saying he ******* well wasted everyone's time till now. He's been ******* trash for a decade. Almost no coach in history is awarded that level of patience. Broken clock etc.

Thompson, Hardwick, and Buckley were/have been shown that patience.

Arguably Scott too despite winning a flag straight up clearly with a list he inherited, but he is a different story for sure.

Point is stability without a flag is a little trend in modern football and with some merit. Hopefully like Thompson and Hardwick, year 8 is the start of a run of flags for Hinkley.

This year doesn’t count, remember?

Buckley shouldn’t be used as an example of stability = success. Only Hardwick is in that category and he at least made a number of finals in the lead up to the premiership.

What has Buckley actually achieved? He inherited a young premiership team but failed miserably to capitalise.

Admittedly Buckley has made a GF which makes him more qualified than Ken, but even then - is making a GF now the definition of success? If so, is Ross Lyon 4 times the coach of Buckley?

Buckley shouldn’t be used as an example of stability = success. Only Hardwick is in that category and he at least made a number of finals in the lead up to the premiership.

What has Buckley actually achieved? He inherited a young premiership team but failed miserably to capitalise.

Admittedly Buckley has made a GF which makes him more qualified than Ken, but even then - is making a GF now the definition of success? If so, is Ross Lyon 4 times the coach of Buckley?

Maynard was robbed. Pies were the rightful premiers in 2018.

Wonder away to your heart's content.
I spend my time wondering why some posters don't wonder if Port would be a better team with any other competent coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back