Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane were smashed in the qualifying final and then beaten in the semi final by the 6th placed team to be eliminated in straight sets. They made the finals but it's a reach to say they really contended in 2019.

They were contenders but failed in finals. And they smashed us earlier in the year so by your logic we aren’t contenders? The point is they are rightful flag favourites right now given the GF location. Losing to them by a point in the GF wouldn’t be under achieving by us. If they lost to us they would be under achieving.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unrelated, but related:

sMLXz85.jpg

Tredders is the Port Adelaide mentality, Kane Cornes is the Glenelg mentality. The supporter base is split along similar lines.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.
What a lot get is football not dogma.
one day closer to the head coaches extension of contract

They were contenders but failed in finals. And they smashed us earlier in the year so by your logic we aren’t contenders? The point is they are rightful flag favourites right now given the GF location. Losing to them by a point in the GF wouldn’t be under achieving by us. If they lost to us they would be under achieving.

By definition anyone that competes in the league is contending. Brisbane were coming from 15th on the ladder the year previous. By virtue of the easy draw they were entitled to they finished in the top 4. Their failure in the finals shows that they weren't on the same level as Richmond/Geelong/Collingwood. They achieved essentially what we did in 2013.

Say we play any of the other possible grand finalists, if we lost to them would we have underachieved? If we did play Brisbane what losing GF margin would be underachieving for us? If they lose by even single point have they still underachieved? This is all ridiculous.

I really hope that Hinkley can win a flag for the clubs and supporters sakes. If not it will be a period of 9-10 years we will look back on in misery. We had 60,000 members good assistant coaches, Adelaide oval and some dam good players for no success.
With the aging players nearing the end Westy, Gray, Boak, Rocky, Ebert, Dixon, we may take a while to recover so not a great start for the next coach.

PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has invited his coaching staff around for dinner and to watch Friday night's semi-final as they wait to find out their preliminary final opponent.

Port forwards coach Nathan Bassett will be one of those huddled around the coach's TV.

"I'm not sure (Ken)'s much of a cook – I think Donna does all the cooking. I've heard pizza is on the go. Pizza and Coke Zeros."

Given the gossip surrounding Gary Rohan of late, let's hope Kern doesn't see the opportunity to further extend the family connection at our footy club. Even if he does win us a flag this year ;)
Wayne Phillis, Neil Balme, Garry Lyon, Wayne Carey, Gary Rohan.

That's the makings of a pretty decent spine for the all-time "adulterers" team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has invited his coaching staff around for dinner and to watch Friday night's semi-final as they wait to find out their preliminary final opponent.

Port forwards coach Nathan Bassett will be one of those huddled around the coach's TV.

"I'm not sure (Ken)'s much of a cook – I think Donna does all the cooking. I've heard pizza is on the go. Pizza and Coke Zeros."

Should order Chinese:cool:

By definition anyone that competes in the league is contending. Brisbane were coming from 15th on the ladder the year previous. By virtue of the easy draw they were entitled to they finished in the top 4. Their failure in the finals shows that they weren't on the same level as Richmond/Geelong/Collingwood. They achieved essentially what we did in 2013.

Say we play any of the other possible grand finalists, if we lost to them would we have underachieved? If we did play Brisbane what losing GF margin would be underachieving for us? If they lose by even single point have they still underachieved? This is all ridiculous.

Yes if we lose against another team we will have under achieved.

But we will be playing them.

The maginot line is crumbling. Situational analysis the context has changed and the entrenched, isolated flag flyers maintain a static defensive position while the quick agile club suppoters look forward To the next contest
You keep proving my point... dickheads like you keep bumping this thread.

The maginot line is crumbling. Situational analysis the context has changed and the entrenched, isolated flag flyers maintain a static defensive position while the quick agile club suppoters look forward To the next contest
Hinkley lovers are Nazi Germany?

I really hope that Hinkley can win a flag for the clubs and supporters sakes. If not it will be a period of 9-10 years we will look back on in misery. We had 60,000 members good assistant coaches, Adelaide oval and some dam good players for no success.
With the aging players nearing the end Westy, Gray, Boak, Rocky, Ebert, Dixon, we may take a while to recover so not a great start for the next coach.
Yes.
This is our best chance we are likely to have for a decade.
So it's all - or nothing!

Lose next weekend (or the GF) and it's an underachievement and a complete waste of a year's effort.
Time to then reset and rebuild to replace 6 or 7 aging warriors who are closer to the end than the start and who won't be in our next flag window.

KENNY AND I

From the very first day at Port Adelaide, Kenny Hinkley has made me feel loved and cared for. He’s put a lot of time into me over the years. That’s the type of man he is. And the thing I love is even now I could walk into his office, sit down and we could chat about absolutely anything. He’s got that real care factor and not just for me, but with all the boys.

I feel like he’s family and we can have those really open conversations about life. He’s been through challenges in his life as well, so I feel like we can connect on that level. He’s a legend.

Although I was in and out of the side in 2019 and we weren’t playing finals. I wasn’t playing consistent footy, so coming into this year I set myself some goals and just wanted to prove that I could be a consistent player. Kenny always believed in me and so did everyone at the club. They knew I had talent and that I was a hard worker, and I’m glad I’ve been able to string it together this year.

I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

#re.signkenny 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back