Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

Remove this Banner Ad

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are you basing your comment of seriously doubt he gives them that much control.

The team was sluggish yesterday, and has been on occasion in the past, but in general, most weeks they show up to play. You don't finish first and second without showing up more often than not.

One would even argue that it was a prelim, no motivation was necessary. It could even be nutritional, who knows? Nobody outside the club is in a position to speculate accurately.
More often than not*

*except when it matters.

#sackken

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tredders is on board. He just liked my tweet in reply to people arguing we.couldnt afford to pay out Hinkley 2 years worth of contract l, saying that a coach only has to be paid out 6 months, not the full contract.

Make it happen Wazza.
Please put public pressure on Warren.

We need it.

P.s. can you speak to Kane and afew of those Vic nuffies.

#sackken

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
We looked a million dollars with Walsh and Richardson.

We then fell away badly when they left.

We're now building again. Anyone who thinks the assistants don't play a massive part in a teams success /failure is kidding themselves. They're just as important as the head coach.
So you're saying sack Hinkley and promote one of his current assistants.

Crowboto

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've already said that if I had my way, he would have been sacked years ago when we were struggling. I now think we're very close, and sacking the coach will set our timeline back.

Isolating his performance over the past two years alone, it's been good. Prelims are not easy to get to.

I'm firmly of the belief the previous years are irrelevant given the improvement in the last 2 seasons. Finishing first and second, and 2x prelims.
Pardon the intrusion but i felt compelled to respond to this. You say you are close and that may be so but, you don't appear to be factoring in that apart from Geelong all the sides that finished in the top 8 this year could really step it up a gear or two next year if things get back to normal.

Miss December

Debutant
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not seeing a report on his sacking/leaving yet. Pretty disappointed. Will be entering my 3rd year of no memberships while the fraud is in charge.
Currently in my third year too, wrote and told them Ken was the reason I handed in my 5 seats, been thinking of writing to them again tomorrow just to remind them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port 2004

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pardon the intrusion but i felt compelled to respond to this. You say you are close and that may be so but, you don't appear to be factoring in that apart from Geelong all the sides that finished in the top 8 this year could really step it up a gear or two next year if things get back to normal.
And. Not sure of the relevance. Those teams might have crap years.

Lockhart Road

Cultural Attache
Mar 26, 2013
Happy Valley Bar & Grill, Hong Kong
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

Loyal2Port

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United
All of our eggs in Tredders' basket. Kane will be Kane but the bloke is as thick as 2 posts, a few years ago he couldn't work out how a teams % had fallen after a win.

EskimoPAFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Absolutely correct.

And that doesn't even take in to account those outside the 8 that could leapfrog us, like Melbourne did this year. Look at Freo. If they can get a player for Cerra they could be right up there. Richmond will bounce back with a full pre-season for the first time in years. West Coast unlikely to have the injury toll of this year. Then you have Saints who played finals last year and the Hawks and Blues who look sh*t but are total wildcards.

We may never get an opportunity as good as the one we had this weekend for any player currently on our list again. That's the reality of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad