Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the intrusion but can I ask about the whole 'six month maximum payout clause' thing which I've seen referred to in this thread (and elsewhere) from time to time.
  1. From memory this is a Covid (2020) era policy of the AFL - does anyone know the date when it came in?
  2. When did KH sign his most recent contract extension? If it preceded the date of 1. then I would image it doesn't apply to him yet...surely the clause doesn't have retrospective effect to contracts that were already in place.
Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread.
"The new AFL rule stipulates that every contract exceeding $215,000 struck with coaches and staff at debt-ridden and AFL-assisted clubs must be approved by Auld and include a settlement of no more than six months"

That image posting would clearly be addressed by the legislation with the procedures to be followed. A cursory search for posting of an image of a person on the internet without their permission is likely a breach of copyright laws. That image posting is much more likely on this forum and hence much more likely to have implications for big footy.

wait, are you referring to my previous post where I took a grainy image of the back of a person’s head in a public place?

between this and your apparent lust to make criticism of public figures a criminal act, you seem like a rational and well-adjusted chap.

I hope the celebration of pending losses is still permitted?
Why do you keep saying this? We all want to win the flag. It's our mission statement.

4 threads about wanting to sack a coach and bring someone else in isn't a celebration. Maybe if a new coach comes in, you'll see a celebration.

Why do you keep saying this?
Because he's a contrarian troll with no interest in gaining anything from this board other than getting a reaction?

Because he's a contrarian troll with no interest in gaining anything from this board other than getting a reaction?
Are you saying that I don't have a point in that this board is way too obsessed with all things Hinkley rather than actually enjoying the game we all love?
Most of us agree that Hinkley isn't a great coach but the constant moaning about him just makes this board so dreary, bitching about him on a forum will not change his contract status.

i'm picturing the Wines "genetically gifted" selfie but it's Hinkley in all his 85 year old man looking glory "yeah me 12 pack goes alright i reckon"

"The new AFL rule stipulates that every contract exceeding $215,000 struck with coaches and staff at debt-ridden and AFL-assisted clubs must be approved by Auld and include a settlement of no more than six months"

Thanks for the extra detail. I still think reading that article that it only applies to contracts struck after that date so I'd expect that KH's contract extension (assuming it pre-dates the AFL legislation) is not bound by this clause and hence the contingent payout if he were to be sacked would be (subject to negotiation) for the full amount of his remaining contract.

Thanks for the extra detail. I still think reading that article that it only applies to contracts struck after that date so I'd expect that KH's contract extension (assuming it pre-dates the AFL legislation) is not bound by this clause and hence the contingent payout if he were to be sacked would be (subject to negotiation) for the full amount of his remaining contract.
It was after. He was extended in January.

So a basically meaningless contract was signed! seems odd.

Yeah, after that clause the contract is only designed to ward off poachers.

Seems like a crazy overreaction from the league in any case. Imagine if they brought it in for players.

Are you saying that I don't have a point in that this board is way too obsessed with all things Hinkley rather than actually enjoying the game we all love?
Most of us agree that Hinkley isn't a great coach but the constant moaning about him just makes this board so dreary, bitching about him on a forum will not change his contract status.
Fans displaying discontent - even if only online - will do more than not showing it.

Whilst the top liked comments on any port Facebook is 'lurve my powa, always support Ken and the boys', people in the club have more reasons to sit on their hands.

We are trying to enact change.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F##k Hinkley
Fans displaying discontent - even if only online - will do more than not showing it.

Whilst the top liked comments on any port Facebook is 'lurve my powa, always support Ken and the boys', people in the club have more reasons to sit on their hands.

If Port Adelaide was an EPL club they'd be signs everywhere at games and light aeroplanes displaying banners of "Hinkley Get Out" flying over Adelaide Oval during the game..power to the people I say.
I still remember the "Cornes to Columbia' sign, should be more of it in my opinion.

If Port Adelaide was an EPL club they'd be signs everywhere at games and light aeroplanes displaying banners of "Hinkley Get Out" flying over Adelaide Oval during the game..power to the people I say.
I still remember the "Cornes to Columbia' sign, should be more of it in my opinion.
I am sure if the members had a casting vote on the baord the angst about Hinkley would be less as they would feel that they have some control.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get that but it could be done better, the mind numbing hinkley talk is over every single thread on this forum, I can't see the PAFC enacting change due to the posts on BF but I do know as a supporter it's as boring as batshit reading it over and over.

I get that but it could be done better, the mind numbing hinkley talk is over every single thread on this forum, I can't see the PAFC enacting change due to the posts on BF but I do know as a supporter it's as boring as batshit reading it over and over.
No more boring than you posting about it.

Hey look, if Thundercloud’s Law is enacted we’ll all be doing 20-to-life at Yatala.

“what are you in here for?”

- “murdered a bloke in a cross-stitch class gone awry, you?”

“photoshopped Ken Hinkley’s face onto the LOL WUT pear”

Hey look, if Thundercloud’s Law is enacted we’ll all be doing 20-to-life at Yatala.

Maximum security would just be irl Port board.

Please.

People love talking about s**t things. s**t movies, s**t tv, s**t music, I don't see why s**t football coaches should be different.

They'd have to build another prison to fit us all.

No, he said;
“Because he's a contrarian troll with no interest in gaining anything from this board other than getting a reaction?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back