Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot?

You say ‘our CEO’ and yet you are afraid of him being occupied with emails from us.

I am as much amazed by the frightened attitude of supposed supporters as you as I am by the brilliance of messages from supporters such as Chewy316

Grow balls. Maybe they will get you somewhere.

Agreed, any business ( and let's face it that is what AFL is first and foremost ) worth it's salt, must table any dissatisfaction with their product or services once it reaches a reasonable level at the very least at a senior manager's meeting to assess it and ascertain if further action is required, eg taking it to board level.

The corporate world is littered with once famous companies that ignored the signs and now no longer exist, even one of the biggest companies in the world, eg Coca Cola have had to respond to customer dissatisfaction and make changes.

Your `Grow balls' comment is right on the money, if the majority of Port members and supporters continue to sit on their hands and allow that arrogant peanut campaigner Koch to treat us like *ing lemmings the club will go nowhere and we will be having the same problems who knows how many years down the track, and anyone who doesn't believe the fruit tingles could come from well behind us to in front in 2 or 3 seasons is kidding themselves.

I have an inkling that he's being judged as we speak.
The silence from the club is palpable.

It's more likely they've just gone home for the year.

My version

"Mathew,

There are a millions words I could write after the weekends loss. It was devastating.

More so when we hear our captain say it is "not us" and our chairman described it as an "aberration". I wish this were true.

I could fill this email with stats and games where this was proven not to be true but I know others have already done the same and I dont want to waste your time.

What I did want to express is that I do not see this as "an aberration". This is now a sustained pattern over 9 years under this coach of failing against top 4 teams and failing in finals. A 60% winning record is fine but means nothing if you can't win when it matters. We "exist to win premierships" after all.

There is no greatness to be founding home and away wins against bottom 10 teams.

Yes it's a "tough competition" as Ken is fond of saying and we cannot expect the level of success we saw in the SANFL days (a straw man argument that often gets trotted out in the media) but we can benchmark ourselves against the great AFL clubs of recent times. Hawthorn and Richmond. And our record when it counts doesn't even compare.

If you truly "exist to win premierships" and are "chasing greatness" then in my opinion this club has no choice but to replace the senior coach and chase a premiership in 2022 with a coach with more tactical nous and higher expectations.

I hope you and the board have the courage to make the decision that needs to be made."

#sackken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling him by his full first name feels like you are his mother.

Matthew, please you are making a scene. Sack him.
Matthew John Richardson, you sack Ken Hinkley this instant!

0 - 31 after 10 minutes in a home prelim.

zero to thirty one!!
We have been down and out in the first quarter of a game before and clawed our way back but was there really anyone at all watching that first 10 minutes who did not think that the game was over completely at that point? I just knew we were done. I had no hope. Nothing.

Dear Mr Richardson,

Would you please be so kind as to use your position as Chief Executive Officer to come to the decision to at once terminate the contract of the Senior Coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club ahead of the 2022 football season.

Your swift action would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you on this very important matter.

Kind regards, TeeKray

Isn't sacking the coach a board decision?

Are we emailing the wrong bloke?

He'll report this to the board with a recommendation of action. It's then up to them to make the call.

I think half the clubs problem is we are a toothless tiger off the field - and that’s an AFL control issue too.

With the history we have had success not only came from the players but the admin behind not standing for anything less than success, measure in flags.

We can’t do that these days, AFL controlled and we simply don’t have the coin to do what we wish when we want.

So really Ken knows he’s safe no matter what happens, like the debacle after Saturday nights game, there is no accountability, it’s a sh*t show.
Yep - if there are no consequences for Saturday night's debacle, then we've clearly gone full Glenelg ie near enough is good enough. I listened to a caller on 5AA last night, who claimed to be a Port fan. He trotted out the statistic that on average, teams reach a preliminary final every 9 years. He then added, "Well Ken's got us to 3 preliminary finals in his 9 years at the club." I thought to myself, "So what? This club exists to win premierships, not finish 3rd or 4th." But maybe that's no longer the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back